Thread: Audi A4 TS 2003 test drive

Post Audi A4 TS 2003 test drive

Today, I finally got to testdrive the new Audi A4 1,8Ts (190bhp). This was mostly to convince my friend who doesn't know if he should by an A4 or the BMW 3-series.

The test-car was an Audi A4 1,8Ts, unfortunatly without Quattro and without S-Line.
    The first thought that hits you when you get in to the car is the magnificent finish in the interior. It really is so beautiful. Every little button has a wonderful detail-work. It almost feels like mine two year old A4 feels "old".
    When I started the engine, I expected a little more agressive sound, but maybe because I am driving with an sport exhaust system on my car.
    When you take the new Ts on the road, you can notice the improovement, although I think the S-line package with a lower sunspension and bigger wheels makes it even better.
    You can tell that this car has got the power that the 150/163bhp-engine is missing.
    What I really was missing here was the Quattro.
    Here are some pics from the testdrive:

The ultimate Audi A4 must be a TS Quattro with the S-Line package. What makes a huge difference, in my opionion is the painted lowers on the car. Here you can see a beautiful A4 Avant standing in the sellhall and shining:

You really can't find any sexier rear

At the end, just fut fun, we tested the acceleration againt my Audi A4. In the start, the TS didn't have much chance, but I think it would be different when the speed increads.
    Here's a little Acceleration movie.

At the end of the day, I think that my friends smile was telling me that he doesn't plan any further visits at the BMW....

:roll:
    Tumbo aka Audiholic
    Movie about my car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ4yWzwuAdQ

*drool* I hope your friend will not buy the BMW 3-series, he dosen't know what he will be missing.

That dual exhaust the A4 has is a very nice detail.

I have never really likes station wagons until I got interested in Audi. I just love the fact that a stations wagon can beat all those dumb kids in their Honda's.

Hey... Sweet pics! I like it a lot!
    It sure looks a bit "heavy" as it accelerates. BUT now you have to tell us a bit about your own car cause it looks great! What have you done to it since you bought it? Like the alloys to...
    :snow:

Snow: Go to my homepage and you'll fid everything about my A4: http://drive.to/TumbosA4

Tumbo aka Audiholic
    Movie about my car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ4yWzwuAdQ