Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: From RS 6 to S6

A little off topic but the NAIAS will be showing the new A5 as well. I just received some info from our local audi club, and will be taking pictures at the industry preview night (next thursday).

Peace,
    Noushy
    Speed, Speed, and more Spe... oops the minivan?
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue (gone/turned in)
    2003 911tt Cobalt Blue (gone/traded in)
    2004 Cayenne Turbo Titanium Gray
    2005 Toyota Sienna (until Q7 in May 07)
    2007 M6 Saphire Black (loving it)

Quote Originally Posted by noushy View Post
    and will be taking pictures at the industry preview night (next thursday)...

Peace,
    Noushy
    Please do!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

I know the thread has changed a bit but The S6 isn't Marketed or sold as the top of the range 6 that title still belongs(performance wise) to the C5 RS6 BMW did this with the E39 540 sport it was and never will be an M5 and the same goes for the NEW E60 550i and the New M5 IMO The S is the "poor mans" RS and the i is the "poor mans"M If you could afford an RS6 would you have one or would you go for the S The phrase Poor Mans is not meant as a Derogatory term but an honest assessment not every one can afford to buy/run an RS4/6 or an M5 (M3's dont count there s*it) but they want something a bit different hence S line and i/Sport models
    I Hate Motor Bikes

Maybe I am the only one ''defending'' S6, but I don't see anything ''cheap'' on that car. It has Lambo' derivateted V10 engine, FANTASTIC enterior, it looks great and IT IS NOT SLOW!

Plus, price tag of 79800 EUR in Germany does not make it cheap!

There isn't big diference in running S6 over RS 6, and I HAVE to remind all of you that Audi in the past only has S models as ''sport'' variants of it's cars.

Best thing to do, before giving any coments on that particular car, is to test it, I'm sure that many opinions would be diferent, only if you give a chance to this car.

Once again, I am saying that S6 isn't replacment for RS 6, wehn time comes new RS 6 will be here and it will be FANTASTIC, I'm only saying that S6 IS sport version of A6, and it's much more sport version of A6 then e60 550 i, the car you are compareing it with.

I didn't meant to be offensive, just stating my opinion!

All best, Andy

you are right, with the "s', audi has another model position that both amg and bmw do not, particulalry now that, with the s-line, audi has followed bmw with "m"...
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi

Quote Originally Posted by Evil vanos View Post
    I know the thread has changed a bit but The S6 isn't Marketed or sold as the top of the range 6 that title still belongs(performance wise) to the C5 RS6 BMW did this with the E39 540 sport it was and never will be an M5 and the same goes for the NEW E60 550i and the New M5 IMO The S is the "poor mans" RS and the i is the "poor mans"M If you could afford an RS6 would you have one or would you go for the S The phrase Poor Mans is not meant as a Derogatory term but an honest assessment not every one can afford to buy/run an RS4/6 or an M5 (M3's dont count there s*it) but they want something a bit different hence S line and i/Sport models
    I totally disagree, even though I have as you put it a poor man's RS4 (S4). The S and the similar BMW have to emphasis on Luxury/Performance not out and out performance. If you spec a standard RS4 you get manual sports recaro seats and a sports button that tightens the seat bolsters, sharpens the throttle and changes the exhaust note where as in the S4 model you get none of these and it comes with elec seats and a fully automatic gearbox as a option. Likewise the 335i will come with things like a fully automatic gearbox and less sporty seats and leans more to the luxury side of sportiness. Some people may prefer the less showy looks of the S over the RS/M model though I am not one of them.

I would agree that most including myself would like to own the RS4/M3 depending on what camp you seat but I don't feel that I am short changed by the experience. Some call the Cayman the poor man's 911 that is until they try both on the track and then the statement changes the other way round.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Andy the point Im trying to make is some of the earlier posts were saying they were disappointed with the S6 performance figures the fact is how P*ssed off would the C5 RS6 owners be (as Audi only stopped production in the last 1/2 years I think) to have spent £60k only to have an "All New" S6 be faster with more power released 6 months later BMW have Done this with the E60 550i and the old M5 (stopped production 02) both have similar torque figures but the M5 STILL has more BHP 400-360 if the 550i was "Better" it just wouldn't look good would it. This is how it looks to me

A=standard
    S=Better than standard
    RS=You Da Man Mutha F*cker
    New S6 isnt aimed at you guys its aimed at (IMO)Mr Sensible not Mr Twin Turbo Fast as F*ck GIVE ME MORE:MTM::MTM::MTM:
    I Hate Motor Bikes

[quote=[LEFT]Leadfoot[/LEFT];83661]I totally disagree, even though I have as you put it a poor man's RS4 (S4). Sorry If Offended you [LEFT]Leadie[/LEFT] the point [LEFT]Im[/LEFT] making or trying to make is you CANT [LEFT]compair[/LEFT] S6 to RS6 or S4 to RS4 they [LEFT]arent[/LEFT] meant to be [LEFT]compaired[/LEFT] the Emphasis on the Rs4/6 and the M3/5/6 is out right performance coupled with all the [LEFT]bits,Ive[/LEFT] read posts that the RS series rides hard NO S*it its a sports Car the same with the M5 it rides harder because its a sports car maybe it's just me being a snob saying the S is the "poor mans" RS when I said"Poor Man's" it wasn't meant Monetarily at £60k for a new S6 [LEFT]youd[/LEFT] be the Richest poor man I know as For the Cayman and the 911 point Porsche make a very quick 4x4 911 called the "S" but they make a better one called "Turbo" is the "S" not called the "Poor Mans" Turbo? and the Cayman may be good but Critics will [LEFT]allways[/LEFT] say its the "Poor Mans" 911 or a [LEFT]Boxter[/LEFT] with a roof on [LEFT]it,its[/LEFT] not a dig at anyone [LEFT]whos[/LEFT] got An S or [LEFT]Mtec[/LEFT] car they are marketed as a LUXUARY sporty car, a standard car with [LEFT]abit[/LEFT] extra
    Last edited by Evil vanos; January 9th, 2007 at 20:25.
    I Hate Motor Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by Evil vanos View Post
    Andy the point Im trying to make is some of the earlier posts were saying they were disappointed with the S6 performance figures the fact is how P*ssed off would the C5 RS6 owners be (as Audi only stopped production in the last 1/2 years I think) to have spent £60k only to have an "All New" S6 be faster with more power released 6 months later BMW have Done this with the E60 550i and the old M5 (stopped production 02) both have similar torque figures but the M5 STILL has more BHP 400-360 if the 550i was "Better" it just wouldn't look good would it. This is how it looks to me

A=standard
    S=Better than standard
    RS=You Da Man Mutha F*cker
    New S6 isnt aimed at you guys its aimed at (IMO)Mr Sensible not Mr Twin Turbo Fast as F*ck GIVE ME MORE:MTM::MTM::MTM:
    You are partely wright, but, still, I think that you are underestimating S6 to much, specially wehn we know that future RS 6 99% isn't going to have turbo engine, it's going to be 5.2 V10 N/A - 520 hp...

If that is wright...

S6 = 435 hp

RS 6 = 520 hp

I hope you are wrong about a naturally aspirated engine making 520 hp. Can you explain how you are 99.9% sure about your figure? No flames intended, I am just curious.

Audi needs turbos and 550+ hp for me to take delivery!

Evil vanos,

In no way was I offended. I was just making the point that the two cars were marketed differently, which is basically what you have added in your reply.

AndyBG,

I wouldn't be to sure that the RS6 will be N/A, it not what I have been told and I stick by my claim of 550+hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Some call the Cayman the poor man's 911 that is until they try both on the track and then the statement changes the other way round.
    I actually happen to love the styling of the Cayman. Not sure if anyone caught the write up, but January's Road & Track featured a tuned Cayman by a shop near my house. I don't believe they stated hp, but referred to it as a "911 killer." They were only making 20. I just wish I could afford it now.

I can only imagine the performance this car must have. Part of me would love a 911, but the other part would love a sleeper Cayman that exceeds the performance of a Turbo. Best part is the car with conversion costs $118k For that, you have one VERY unique Porsche.

Here's the link to the tuner's website. Looks really amazing.

http://www.farnbacherloles.com/st/gallery.asp

RS6 will never have a manual transmition 'cause could not handle so much power and the other thing is that it's way more better to drive a sportscar with the hand on the wheel and changing gears instantly from the pedals on the back of the wheel!look at the Lambo...is way better to drive a lambo with sequential gearshift than the manual...and the automatic is faster than the manual on Audi S and RS line...by the by guys i just wait the new beast from Audi...the RS6 but i have just a dissapoitment from it...it wouldn't have DSG like the Veyron(Audi Romania informed me that the actual DSG is not capable of putting down so much power 560-580Hp) so it will be an supersport Tiptronic-S gearbox!But i think even without the DSG it will be way better and faster then the SMG III from BMW...and the power...so much power to put down...AUDI is killing me)))))

there is as yet no dsg available for longitudional motors. the dsg unit in the bugatti was a special tranny mde by ricardo ...

btw, dsg has no particular issue with high power - the original unit, the pdk transmission debuted in porsche race cars, and the audi s1 rally car....
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi

with that much torque (700 Nm) who cares about a DSG

0-60 in 3.9 as easy as pie- just press down while sipping your latte. oh wait. scratch that. it would be a bloody mess on your shirt.

Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by skiwi View Post
    there is as yet no dsg available for longitudional motors. the dsg unit in the bugatti was a special tranny mde by ricardo ...

btw, dsg has no particular issue with high power - the original unit, the pdk transmission debuted in porsche race cars, and the audi s1 rally car....
    Sorry but your wrong, it's just not released yet and it will be going into the A5 with 7 gears. The only problem is that at present it can't handle the torque the RS6 will be able to produce and I'm not sure if it can even handle that of the S6.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I prever the new S6 over the RS4 24/7.

Hans.
    S6 doesn't have the grin factor.
    2007 RS4 Avant | Misano | Black Optics | SS+
    2001 S3 | Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Mori View Post
    S6 doesn't have the grin factor.
    I can't agree more but the RS4 is a very special car, it's is one of the best riding Audis for comfort ever and that includes the competition so it one of the very few cars that doesn't make as much of a compromise as a lot of other so called sports/saloons.

In other words it does all of the things better that the S6 does and even rides better in to the bargain. The S6 might have the better of the old RS6 in everything excluding performance but it will that a very special Audi to knock the RS4 off the top spot.

In the red corner the champion (RS4) and in the blue corner the challenger (New RS6). Fight, fight, fight.

Oh it like being back at school.