Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audi A8 TDI 4.2 - with 780 Nm

Originally posted by luxmis
    I think most diesels will have enough touque to pull a caravan.

Does any of you follow Le Mans ? - have u seen what kind of engine is in the 2 first starting cars ! - a diesel V12

I will get my Audi V8 TDI 4.2 next week, tuned by ABT, - I really look forward to this.

Jan
    Sure do. BTW, is this the correct starting grid: http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9353 ?

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

If Audi implement the race technology on their road cars , the diesel market is gonna change forever.

Frank Biela: "The Audi R10 TDI is very, very quiet. For me it means that under braking from top speed – for instance on the Hunaudières straight – you’ve got to be even more concentrated than before. Until now, you could change down the gears according to the noise of the engine, but now something is missing. Now I’ve got to change down according to my feeling or I’ve got to focus on the rev counter on the steering wheel display. Only at speeds below 200 kph the engine is louder than the wind, so you can drive according to the noise as in the past. The positive aspect: over the distance, the low noise is very pleasant, so it is more relaxing for the driver.”

More on www.fourtitude.com

They are impressing me .
    When you have eliminated the impossible , whatever remains , however improbable , must be the truth.
    ..Sherlock Holmes..

Originally posted by IulianUM
    If Audi implement the race technology on their road cars , the diesel market is gonna change forever.

They are impressing me .
    As they are me as well.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

[QUOTE]Originally posted by IulianUM
    [B]If Audi implement the race technology on their road cars , the diesel market is gonna change forever.

Frank Biela: "The Audi R10 TDI is very, very quiet. For me it means that under braking from top speed – for instance on the Hunaudières straight – you’ve got to be even more concentrated than before. Until now, you could change down the gears according to the noise of the engine, but now something is missing. Now I’ve got to change down according to my feeling or I’ve got to focus on the rev counter on the steering wheel display. Only at speeds below 200 kph the engine is louder than the wind, so you can drive according to the noise as in the past. The positive aspect: over the distance, the low noise is very pleasant, so it is more relaxing for the driver.”

THEY WON with the DIESEL engine ! ! ! ! ! ! congratulations
    Jan Jensen

Nice choice. I reckon they need to do an RSD8 with a detuned R10 engine.