Thread: DVD Navi in RS6 12/2002

DVD Navi in RS6 12/2002

Hello together

I'll buy a Audi RS6 Avant 12/2002. But I also like the new dvd navigation system.

So.... my question!
    Is it possible to uprade the old Navi+ with the DVD-Navi? Can I simply replace it or is it difficult for a non-electronic technican? :blush:

Thank's for your help.....

Greets
    Markus

check my write up

Here is my attempt, and it worked

Check with the folks on the NavPlus.us site. I am sure they would be happy to help you on that regard.
    I think it is possible, if you get yourself the Euro version of the unit.

Works great...I followed the instructions above (although I have GPS antenna in the dash behind the cluster) and have a converted Euro unit in my car. Ordered my kit from one of the vendors on navplus site.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

If the RS6 has the old Navi+ (with the two buttons) then its very easy to upgrade to RNS-E. All you need is a cable set...here in europe its very easy to get that. Conexx for example sells those kits.

It does not...RS6s just have a knob on the center console between the seats behind the mirror adjustment that then had the display only in the center window of the instrument cluster and obviuosly the voice directions...the CD navigation unit itself is in the trunk on the drivers side rear in the cubby where the jack is. The wiring harness adapter is easily available now from a bunch of sources (easy to find vendors on navplus.com site) and switching it out is not very difficult at all. Tapping into the cluster for the GALA wire to the new unit and placing the GPS antenna are easy but the only portions of the install that take time and a little nerves. The hard part for me (in the states anyway) was switching out the XM satellite module with a new one that is compatible. It took longer and more removal of the trunk trim than the main unit, and my trunk trim did not want to cooperate with me and was very difficult to get some of the clips to let go.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

RNS-e was a piece of cake to install, and worth every penny (US talk )

Bajo
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)