Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video: RS6 vs M3

Re: M3 (POS) Vs. RS6

Originally posted by Plexus

PS. How many people on this or any other "S" car sites do you here whining? very few. Look at "M" car sites and laugh at the woes the have.
    I think it largely depends on the age of the enthusiasts on those repective forums and the size of the forums. There are lots of members on audiworld as well and you can see similar things going on there. It's a factor typical to any message forums. Keep in mind RS6.com has only a small growing member base at the moment. My 2 pence.

Comment

Everyone is different and as my dad once told me, "Son, opinions are like a**holes, everyone's got one!!" That's what makes the world go round, amen.
    Drive it like you stole it.

Re: Comment

Originally posted by Plexus
    Everyone is different and as my dad once told me, "Son, opinions are like a**holes, everyone's got one!!" That's what makes the world go round, amen.
    Good there's an understanding.

But to come back on this video, you have to know it could have looked different if it would have been taken from the start.
    Why only filming acceleration from 50 to 210 km/h ?

Because the M3 would have lost from the beginning. And it stops at 210... probably the RS6 would overtake the BMW at higher speeds... remember any RS6 unlimited flies until 300 km/h, what no M3 achieves.

So this video does not prove anything except that from 50 to 210 the M3 is slightly faster...
    .. but you have to film the M3 from 50 km/h to make sure it can win a race!

and.....

You can tune the RS6 to 525bhp for very little money, the M3? I don't think so.

In my eyes the M3 starts a second before the RS6 launch from 50.
    So I'am not wondering about the result. Look for example to a proffesional race (F1) when 2 cars come out of a corner bumper on bumper the first one looks much faster when he go out of the corner and out-accelerate the second, but in fact: when the second one begin to accelerate; the first already have a speet of (for example) 10 km/u faster than nr.2 !!!!
    So the same in this story, but the difference looks not so high as in the F1, because the speed is much lower.

I think we must make a second video, make sure the RS6 is in the right automatic gear, and lauching both cars at the same time. I'm sure the difference other than in this video.

And of course when you starts from 0-200 km/u the RS6 will destruct the M3 surely.

Simon the is the:king: of the german cars!!!!

Originally posted by urquattro83
    And of course when you starts from 0-200 km/u the RS6 will destruct the M3 surely.
    http://www.track-challenge.com/main_...r1=53%26Car2=2

0 - 200 Km/h

RS6
    18,7 s

M3
    18,1 s

And lately the M3 E46 has gotten really good times (high 16) to 200 km/h.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Originally posted by urquattro83
    In my eyes the M3 starts a second before the RS6 launch from 50.

I agree. Did you guys see the start of the GT challenge at Sebring that televised here in the states Saturday afternoon? Probst and Galati pulled a hole-shot on the entire pack with their RS6's. They launched very quickly relative to the others. I got a BIG grin on my face for sure!

JP4

yes, saw the same thing. the way they launched off the line was
    incredible. considering how many porsches and M3 there were
    against only two RS6s i think the audis did quite well on their
    maiden race ( well, make that the ONE audi that finished third)

Once and for all!

With the RS6 in sport and the M3 with a manual box there is no way that the bummer is faster, sorry I mean bimmer. I have one and the sooner the someone buys it the better. A badly built car that attracts the wrong attention. MTM will sure make any M3 owner shut up forever. Please, enough.

I've read that an audi RS6 in England did the 0-200 in 14,3 sec. And it was a original model !!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we got this one and let him play with the M3

Plexus, I agree enuff is enuff already they like their bummers oops bimmers we love our Audi's thats all their is to that.
    I can guarantee you one thing an M3 will not pass me like that,
    It couldn't pass me like that with my S8(60mph start to about 120mph, chicago trafic you know) which says alot for the S8, an I know the RS6 can run circles around my S8. I guess time will tell.
    It just doesnt make sense to me that a M3 can be so "powerful".
    if you get 1 second head start you are gonne which is what the M3 did, it would take a GT2 to make that second up that was lost.
    And lets not forget that you have to be an exemplary driver not to loose too much time when you are upshifting your m3, you can try but you will never shift as fast as the new auto from audi.
    Just my .02 cents (again)

bajo

What is the problem here? Erik B and a couple of other car enthusiasts(!) got some nice cars and did lots of comparsions between the cars. The BMW M3 and the Audi RS6 proved to be equally fast and that is documented on several videos, so what´s so hard to understand about that? Both are great cars and also very different.

Mr Janne: I just thought the way it was presented on the original site was not very fair, that's all.
    For the rest I agree with you, and we cannot do a judgment just based on a video.

I have another video with more footage but since everyone's complaining about Real Player I didn't put it online yet.
    I can only edit the format at a friend and he's on vacation now for a week or so.

And as I said, Gustav who drove the RS6 (bmwm5.com admin he is as well...) wasn't even sure he had the tip in S-mode.

Nevertheless the RS6 and the M3 are great cars.

This video really surprises me, so I'll add my thoughts, particularly as I have just traded in my '02 E46 M3 SMG for an RS6 Avant.

EVO magazine in the UK gives the following figures:-

RS6 0-60mph 4.8 sec 0-100mph 11.6 sec
    M3 0-60mph 5.1 sec 0-100mph 12.3 sec

Now these figures are quite close, but the RS6 comes out on top.

I'd also make the following points:-

- In normal use, the RS6 feels *so* much faster to me than the M3. Because you don't have to rev the engine to get massive acceleration you get the feeling that the RS6 is alive and ready to go at all times. I also like being able to go fast without everybody looking round, staring and thinking "what a d***head!".

- So the M3s torque is high up the rev range, this means you must use all the rev range to use it properly. That means lots of noise and straight-6 rasping. Subjectively I think that makes the car feel slower than it really is, because it seems to be working so hard.

- The figures are close, but you could get those RS6 numbers all day with ease - no doubt to get them the M3 used its electronic launch control, which is extremely quick, but you wouldn't want to use it too often as you'd lunch the clutch in pretty short order.

- As far as the video goes, hmmm...

- MichaelJP