Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video: RS6 vs M3

Thumbs up Video: RS6 vs M3

Don't know why this hasn't been posted yet since the RS4 vs M# video founds it's way here anoyingly quick.

I'll let the video speak for itself:

http://www.bmwm5.com/movies/rs6bmwm5com.mpg

Must say that I was suprised by the result.

Cheers,
    /Johan

It is definately not what most of us would expect.To be honest,my friend has got 2002 M3 and it definately feels quicker than my RS6,although all the magazines say that RS is a faster car

The RS6 probably needed to downshift while the M3 was waiting to floor it in the right gear. Just a guess.

I didn't know these videos were online yet...(except at sportbilen.se for a charge)
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Originally posted by JJV-MA
    The RS6 probably needed to downshift while the M3 was waiting to floor it in the right gear. Just a guess.
    Nope.

I can't see the video. Maybe they've moved the thread?
    :snow:

Originally posted by johann
    Nope.
    Yikes! That M3 is one fast car. Hmm, maybe I should begin the long lobbying process of convincing the wifey that an E46 M3 convertible SMG-II would be a nice third car to add to the stable as a summer cruiser, even if we just lease one for 3 years.

I'm still waiting for my dealer phone call on the RS6. I'm in the double digits on the waiting list, so I'm wondering if that call will ever come. In the meantime, I'll have to continue to slum it in the 540. :-) I can't wait until the winter tires come off...

Originally posted by Snow
    I can't see the video. Maybe they've moved the thread?
    Try to right-click and "Save target as..."

Cheers,
    /Johan

Originally posted by JJV-MA
    Yikes! That M3 is one fast car. Hmm, maybe I should begin the long lobbying process of convincing the wifey that an E46 M3 convertible SMG-II would be a nice third car to add to the stable as a summer cruiser, even if we just lease one for 3 years.

I'm still waiting for my dealer phone call on the RS6. I'm in the double digits on the waiting list, so I'm wondering if that call will ever come. In the meantime, I'll have to continue to slum it in the 540. :-) I can't wait until the winter tires come off...
    An E46 M3 Cabrio SMG II is just what you, ehem I mean your wife needs.

The 540 ois good but the RS6 is much better so I can understand your agony but good things will come to those who wait.

Cheers,
    /Johan

Re: Video: RS6 vs M3

Originally posted by johann
    Don't know why this hasn't been posted yet since the RS4 vs M# video founds it's way here anoyingly quick.

I'll let the video speak for itself:

http://www.bmwm5.com/movies/rs6bmwm5com.mpg

Must say that I was suprised by the result.

Cheers,
    /Johan

Fixed, fixed I tell you. I dont believe it one bit. You BMW guys just you wait, I have a friend who has a 01 M3 and I will perform same test on a track. and yes I will tape it, if he wins I will burn my RS6 on the spot. So there, (kidding about burning it of course)

Bajo

I'll post a new video with both of the runs included.
    It's down to 1 - 1 now
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Originally posted by Erik B
    I'll post a new video with both of the runs included.
    It's down to 1 - 1 now
    I believe it when I see it.

Johann, whaasssssahhhh!!! Nice to see a fellow BMWM5 mate on the RS6 forum. That video was impressive! When did Gustav get a RS6? Is that him driving the car?

Kevin.

Talking M3 (POS) Vs. RS6

We have both an M3 SMG Convertable and an RS6. Last year BMW had to by the first 1 back as it broke down 5 times in as many weeks! We have put then against each other at a "Run what you bring" meting and with the launch control on the BMW it was fair and close, without it forget it the RS6 kicks. When we go out we always come back to the Audi with lots of admirers, however the BMW attracts the wrong attentions.:bigeyes:
    We wouldn't buy another BMW, we would if I could get away with it have another Audi on the drive.

Stick with the RS6 a much more complete car, 2 thumbs up.

PS. How many people on this or any other "S" car sites do you here whining? very few. Look at "M" car sites and laugh at the woes the have.

I have been watching the BMWM5.com forum sometimes now.. and I cannot belive all the whining and competition against Audi there is in that forum.

I have even seen people saying dumb stuff like "Audi RS6 is pathetic", it seems like only small kids with no knowledge about any cars are in that forum.

Mseries whingers

Try looking at bmw330ci.com on this site I am sure they are all manic depressives. That's BMW ownership for you. Legal-In my opinion only.
    Drive it like you stole it.

Johann, thanks for the video.

Originally posted by darkseid
    I have been watching the BMWM5.com forum sometimes now.. and I cannot belive all the whining and competition against Audi there is in that forum.

I have even seen people saying dumb stuff like "Audi RS6 is pathetic", it seems like only small kids with no knowledge about any cars are in that forum.
    darkseid, I probably should not take up board space here to discuss your comment but here it goes since you brought it up. Some things to keep in mind before you past judgement on another group so quickly.

As a moderator for both the RS6.com and bmwm5.com, I think I have a direct experience to say that your statement is only true to an extent.

While members have the right to voice their opinion re: anything about cars on any forums, you cannot judge by some 'immature' comments that the whole atmosphere of the M5 messageboard is as such. In contrary, I found the M5 board, like this one, is full of enthusiasts who know a great deal of information (sometimes even more so than dealers, technicians, etc.) The M5 forums currently has around 5800 members so the 'signal to noise ratio' of course would be lower than that of RS6.com which currently has less than 400. You can visit bimmer.org and see what the difference is like from bmwm5.com

Thanks for your understanding.