Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: RS6 US VIN Compilation.....

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    That is decent stock ride height^^ I do Like it, feels and rides nicely

Wow all these very late vin's popping up. You have no idea how lucky you are - I am realizing this forum mentioning about late vins, I guess I have to search and find why this is important and critical, if you say I am lucky, then I believe it

Man, do I have a lot to learn

I do Like it, feels and rides nicely

I am realizing this forum mentioning about late vins, I guess I have to search and find why this is important and critical, if you say I am lucky, then I believe it

I do have a lot to learn, thx

Let me go check the list. This may be the last US RS6.

Quote Originally Posted by PCMacDr View Post

I am realizing this forum mentioning about late vins, I guess I have to search and find why this is important and critical, if you say I am lucky, then I believe it

The later VIN's have an updated seal in the torque converter. Prevents TC from failing, and in turn prevents trans from failing. At least Audi fixed this mid-production...or was it 3/4 production. Dave will have the numbers, that is a very late VIN.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

You have the next to last US spec RS6 on record to date.

Quote Originally Posted by PCMacDr View Post

Damn, so close, lol

thx DHall1

Now I have to see what this MTM TCU is all about and where to obtain it
    Last edited by PCMacDr; January 1st, 2015 at 17:29. Reason: spelling

I pick up my RS6 tomorrow, VIN WUAPV64B73N904372

Anyone have any info on 904583? I am considering this car and wanted to see if the database has any history on it.

Feel free to PM me if uou prefer or if not you can post here. My email is bmwe36@gmail.com

Thank you in advance for your help.

Online posting?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Online posting?
    Not sure what you meant by the above. The car is being auctioned this week although i would rather not post where until after the fact. Is that what you were asking? I can PM you details if it helps you dig up info on it.

Thanks

Just wanted to look it over online. I'm assuming you know the potential repairs could be $10-10,000? If you wrench or have a good independent tech it helps greatly to reduce costs.

Yes, im aware of the costs. I've had a rs6 turboed b5 s4 as well as other german hot rods and i do most of the work myself so its not as intimidating to consider one of these bad boys. Just wanted to see if there is any history available on that particular car.

I will not be home till mid week.

Carfax will give you a snapshot. The main benefit of the list is catching a prev owner from the forum.

Thats fine ... Hopefully you can dig up something when you have time. Thanks

New to Site, Not sure about the car being new to the list

San Diego car, now in Colorado since 2012. 94K miles. Still hasn't seen the snow even though my mechanic gives me crap about that. Since 2012: New brakes/rotors all around, timing belt, control arms, power steering pump, & both front axels.

Transmission seems strong to me, crossing my fingers. No codes for 3 years of ownership.

Vin #: 905454

Daytona Gray
    Black Interior / Carbon Fiber
    SE Exhaust
    REVO Stage 1
    RNS-E (Europe) + Bluetooth
    Hartmann RS4 Wheels

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0006.JPG 
Views:	269 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	15962
    Last edited by 0262B4U; February 1st, 2015 at 22:56.

Quote Originally Posted by 0262B4U View Post
    New to Site, Not sure about the car being new to the list

San Diego car, now in Colorado since 2012. 94K miles. Still hasn't seen the snow even though my mechanic gives me crap about that. Since 2012: New brakes/rotors all around, timing belt, control arms, power steering pump, & both front axels.

Transmission seems strong to me, crossing my fingers. No codes for 3 years of ownership.

Vin #: 905454

Daytona Gray
    Black Interior / Carbon Fiber
    REVO Stage 1
    RNS-E (Europe) + Bluetooth
    Hartmann RS4 Wheels

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0006.JPG 
Views:	269 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	15962
    Nice, welcome! As long as you don't hammer on the trans they can last a while, and your VIN puts you right at the early stages of when Audi started to fix/upgrade the Torque Converter right out of the factory. Is this the original trans and tc? DH, what do you think? The estimated start point for new TC's is around 905500.

Revo has been known to run a bit lean depending on what version of the tune was issued. If you ever notice some bumps/hiccups under wide open throttle that's timing being pulled due to the lean condition. The ECU does a great job of keeping things safe though.

Guessing your DRC struts are still holding up well? Sure you've read, but if those go bad you can insert Koni Yellow Sports for around $1,250 parts and labor, great comparable to stock ride and height.

So was this car already on the list? Or is there someone else that answers that?

DRC redone in 2009 under recall. No leaks there. Oil cooler seal crack has been my biggest expense. The part is platic w/ O rings. Plastic replaced w/ machined aluminum. While engine was out we did valve cover gaskets, timing belt full service, and sealed up leaking inter coolers. Should have replaced, but already up to my eyeballs in $$$'s.

Original trans & TC.

Seems to me to run rich. Maybe I'm not familiar enough on what to expect, but if I get on it the car behind will get a big wiff of petrol. Will also smell it on idle backing out of the garage. No bumps/ hiccups on WOT. Previous owner used it at the track and took extremely good care of it. I was told 515 HP and around 550 on the torque. How am I to find out what version of the tune I have?
    Last edited by 0262B4U; February 1st, 2015 at 19:49.

DHall1 is the record keeper, he'll chime in sometime with car info if he knows.

Sounds about right for repairs and updates, should be in tip top shape!

Previous owner may have updated the tune, similar to what I've done, and added too much fuel. Better safe than sorry I guess. You'll need laptop with Ross-tech software and Revo SPS tool to get more details or make changes.

Those numbers are about the same as me on Revo, sounds right.