Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS6 US VIN Compilation.....

Hybrid View

VIN #

For the record..................

I am 156983.

Daytona Grey in AK

I'm 905275. Daytona Grey with Grey interior. Currently all stock. The weird thing is that it comes up as a 2003 when I bought it but I went to my local Audi dealer looking for parts, gave them the VIN and they claim it registers as a 2004 in their computer which is not possible since only about 860 were sold State side in 2003. Tag on door states built Sept 2003.

Has anyone else received this confusion?

I'm also curious to know what VIN order the "Other than" U.S. RS6's followed.

Ebony Pearl Effect

Quote Originally Posted by 1uglymug View Post

Ebony Pearl Effect
    do you mean 904738?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    do you mean 904738?
    yes sorry

Ebony Pearl Effect/
    Black interior

daytona grey, black/wood interior, hot/cold weather packages, sound enhance exhaust, 71k. I have all service records since birth(car was originally sold and maintained and resold through same dealer) even have original window sale sticker.
    only issue i could find was ecm replaced in 2011(wipeing out the APR Tune *sadface* )

purchased friday 4/5/2013
    Originally planned on trading in my 03 A4-Q 3.0 v6, ended up keeping it.

i've been researching the forums a while and this seems like a great bunch guys.
    i frequent a ton of various forums and this is the first forum in approx. 5 years of reading that i've actually been excited about joining.
    Last edited by BigD2500HD; April 12th, 2013 at 16:52.

2003 Polar White here

last 6 of vin: 905230
    they call me Tank

Greetings all. Just picked up 905492. Avus/Black, woodgrain, 73500 miles. No problems so far. Taking it in for 75000 service.

Hello, just registered, don't own a RS6 but...

One just came up for sale on the side of the road in my town (Norton, MA) and I'm getting interested... I can't get ahold of the seller but I do have the VIN: WUAPV64B03N905525. It is grey with grey interior, carbon trim, no NAV. Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks and this board has been a great help on learning about the good, bad and the ugly on these beasts.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Hello, just registered, don't own a RS6 yet but...
    Andrew
    Fixed^^^

If you lurk long enough, you will have one or two or possibly three...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Hello everyone! First time adding into the conversations here. Here are my final six: 905049. This group is a wealth of information, so what can you tell about this vin?

Also, I'm kicking around the idea of selling this car for a 2007 S8 in my area, but having a tough time with parting with this car. Any constructive comments on either side are welcome!

Cheers,
    Doug

What is the known history of your car? I can check the vin list this weekend

I like the styling of the 07 S8 but there are issues. Poor performance and carbon on the valves are the big ones.

You can see my signature....you know my vote.

?
    Quote Originally Posted by DL29 View Post
    Hello everyone! First time adding into the conversations here. Here are my final six: 905049. This group is a wealth of information, so what can you tell about this vin?

Also, I'm kicking around the idea of selling this car for a 2007 S8 in my area, but having a tough time with parting with this car. Any constructive comments on either side are welcome!

Cheers,
    Doug

Outside of the time I have had the car, I don't have a complete history. I've been up on the upkeep but haven't had a trans issue or such. I wish I got my hands on this car earlier in its life, that's for sure. This would be a long term keeper for sure, but can't continue to be my daily driver. The S8 I'm playing around with the idea about has super low miles (34K) and seems to be in very good shape. Just wish I could also keep the RS6 and just update as time / money permit, maybe a few upgrades and just enjoy for next 2 decades! GREAT signature - wow!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    What is the known history of your car? I can check the vin list this weekend

I like the styling of the 07 S8 but there are issues. Poor performance and carbon on the valves are the big ones.

You can see my signature....you know my vote.

?

Cheers,
    Doug
    Depends on why you're looking to upgrade. If it's just you have the itch for newer tech / nicer interior / more space, then the S8 is a good choice. I owned a 2007 S6 and, although I loved every minute of it (torque aplenty and mine had a non resonated milltek exhaust, which was heaven on my ears), I wouldn't buy one again...just too nose heavy for me / didn't handle well enough. I only owned for a year, so never ran into carbon buildup issues, but it is an issue to be aware of on those engines. Also, the S8 has a lot of tech on it...I passed up buying one last December because I couldn't get comfortable with the "what could go wrong" costs of ownership and the one I was looking at had a code for the suspension that couldn't be cleared but also checked out fine when Audi inspected. Personally, I'd rather upgrade an RS6 or pay for maintenance than roll the dice on an S8...but that is me, and I've always wanted an RS6...hence why I linger on this site but don't own an Audi right now lol...

Good luck with the decision either way.

That is pretty much my motivations for looking to upgrade. That and having this as my daily driver is not ideal scenario. I realize the drive would NOT be the same..which is tough thing to give up. This car is just so well balanced. As mentioned, the particular one I'm eyeing does have super low miles, but it is obviously on my dime if/when something goes wrong.. how do you clean up the carbon buildup in the V10 btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Bdubs View Post
    Depends on why you're looking to upgrade. If it's just you have the itch for newer tech / nicer interior / more space, then the S8 is a good choice. I owned a 2007 S6 and, although I loved every minute of it (torque aplenty and mine had a non resonated milltek exhaust, which was heaven on my ears), I wouldn't buy one again...just too nose heavy for me / didn't handle well enough. I only owned for a year, so never ran into carbon buildup issues, but it is an issue to be aware of on those engines. Also, the S8 has a lot of tech on it...I passed up buying one last December because I couldn't get comfortable with the "what could go wrong" costs of ownership and the one I was looking at had a code for the suspension that couldn't be cleared but also checked out fine when Audi inspected. Personally, I'd rather upgrade an RS6 or pay for maintenance than roll the dice on an S8...but that is me, and I've always wanted an RS6...hence why I linger on this site but don't own an Audi right now lol...

Good luck with the decision either way.

That is pretty much my motivations for looking to upgrade. That and having this as my daily driver is not ideal scenario. I realize the drive would NOT be the same..which is tough thing to give up. This car is just so well balanced. As mentioned, the particular one I'm eyeing does have super low miles, but it is obviously on my dime if/when something goes wrong.. how do you clean up the carbon buildup in the V10 btw?
    Here is a good thread with DIY cleaning procedure and picks of what the carbon buildup looked like on an S6 V10.
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...leaning-thread

Basically a lot of scraping and I believe you can attach zip ties to a drill and use that to knock off the carbon. Tedious process regardless...

904938 checking in. 41k miles all stock other than Stasis-Ohlins Motorsport Suspension.