Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: RS6 US VIN Compilation.....

Hello, new owner of 905593 Avus/ebony/wood since Nov 2013. Car has 88k miles and to my knowledge is completely stock. Build date 10/03. Wasn't able to confirm last TB change at time of purchase. So that and other misc maintenance planned for spring. TC and trans seem to be in good order. Tip-mode in 5th gear doesn't slip. Also, my first Audi. I think I chose the right one

904561 2003, blue mugello; third owner. Purchased it 10/13 with 94K. Service records show new transmission at 71K. In AUDI shop to bring front end back to specs; replaced Elec Tran Module due to water intrusion (keep the cowl drains clean!!) Appears initially, I'll be exceeding the $1300 - $1400 / month average maintenance expenditure noted elsewhere on this forum.

I'm the second owner of my phantom black pearl with light grey interior 79K. I've added RNS-E but stock everything else. Original Trans. DRC replaced in recall and still working great. VIN 905011.

Hello!
    Is 905090 on the VIN list yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SCARGO View Post
    Hello!
    Hello! I cannot remember your actual name, but I have to assume this is the SCARGO I knew from way back in the quattrolist dayz........

Craig L.
    1986 4000 CSQ then
    1994 S4 then after
    now 2003 RS6

Hopefully, this is a 2 4 6 8 progression, and I am not talking A8!
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

Hi Craig!
    Nope. New user. Never been on any of these forums before this. Just stumbled across this one.
    Happy to "meet" you just the same.
    Good luck with that progression!

I will check on friday.

Did you just buy this one? Post the specs and history

Hello!

905090 / Build date July 2003 / Daytona Gray / Ebony leather with carbon trim package / SE exhaust
    2nd owner. Purchased April of 2013 with 96k. Just turned 106k. 105k maintenance was performed by the previous owner just prior to purchase (whew!).
    Serviced by the dealer at all regular service intervals.
    Notable service record events:
    68k Replace alternator
    70k "Replace water pump, thermostat and rollers with timing belt"
    76k "Shock recall"
    83k Power steering pump and oil cooler replaced
    89k "JY" recall completed
    90k "Transmission prop seal" replaced
    91k Something at the 105k service (performed at 91k) cost an extra $865 but only says "see story" in the record.
    93k Auxiliary coolant pump replaced and "additional repairs"
    96k "Quadralink" to the tune of $2586.33
    Only service performed since I purchased has been oil changes, replaced the turn signal lever due to a short a few months ago and 4 new tires today.
    Insight encouraged and appreciated!

You have a late VIN RS6. If treated well the trans should last you a good bit longer.

Where are you located? Car was in Kansas before right?

Buy the Rosstech Vagcom and learn how to use it. Need to verify and data log tune status to keep this thing running properly.

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    Hello, new owner of 905593 Avus/ebony/wood since Nov 2013. Car has 88k miles and to my knowledge is completely stock. Build date 10/03. Wasn't able to confirm last TB change at time of purchase. So that and other misc maintenance planned for spring. TC and trans seem to be in good order. Tip-mode in 5th gear doesn't slip. Also, my first Audi. I think I chose the right one

Nope it was not. Added it. Welcome

Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    You have a late VIN RS6. If treated well the trans should last you a good bit longer.

Where are you located? Car was in Kansas before right?

Buy the Rosstech Vagcom and learn how to use it. Need to verify and data log tune status to keep this thing running properly.
    If I remember correctly, the car was originally delivered to and maintained by a dealer on the Illinois side of St Louis but the previous owner licensed it in MO. It was bought at auction and shipped to a Mazda dealership in Overland Park, KS around July of 2013. Then transferred to a new "sister" Mazda dealer in Grandview, MO where I found it.

You've seen my thread about striking a couple of deer earlier this week. So it's future is still up in the air at the moment.

Thanks for the update and I hope you get back on the road.

I"m looking at buying one of a couple of these, both 904680 and 905334 are for sale, 4680 has 85k miles, and 5334 has 140k, based off what y'all have learned here about vin info what should i look for as issues when I go to inspect the vehicles. is 4680 early enough to be in the transmission issue window? I didn't find it mentioned on the forums.

All I have found about 5334 is that one of the guys pulled carfax/autocheck on it, but i've not heard back from him yet, but its only been a couple days. The dealer is pretty vague "runs great, normal wear and tear for 140k, and he doesn't know about the maintence history. its low price is because of condition/milage. In the pics online I can't notice any defects, but you can't hear it run, or drive it from pics.

The dealer for 4680 said they got it on trade from a local porche dealer and its not the kind of car they normally carry so he was supposed to take it to auction for wholesale this past friday, but its page is still up on several sites, so it may not be available if it is, i hesitate to buy from them because that means they lied to me about their intentions with the car from a dealership standpoint.

Anyones thoughts or guidence on this would be Greatly Appreciated. I intend to try and make an engagment for one of these two cars in the early parts of next week.

Hi new owner here, my RS6 VIN is 905732. It has 81,000 miles and is Avus Silver Pearl. To my knowledge it is standard, no failure history and maintained as per Audi recommended. It is in excellent condition.

Welcome to the club!

Late vin!

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by ][V][ View Post
    Hi new owner here, my RS6 VIN is 905732. It has 81,000 miles and is Avus Silver Pearl. To my knowledge it is standard, no failure history and maintained as per Audi recommended. It is in excellent condition.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I guess I'm as close to the bad trans/ good trans border as it gets.

Went through all the service record history I got with the car, Trans was R/R at 97k miles under CPO warranty

Second the Vagcom! Very very useful device.

Also, if you have a chance, getting access to the ETKA is a lifesaver when you're looking for part numbers. If only I could find a way to do it on my 64-bit Win7 laptop, I'd be set for a good long while...

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Sure enough, no transmission or TC issues until I join the forum and then... codes.
    Potentially an interesting data point for the early vs. late VIN threshold debate as well.
    905090 with a build date of July 2003
    TC code came up and the TC was just out of spec and starting to slip causing an intermittent code.
    Replaced at 106,738 for the first time. Very fortunately covered by the extended power train warranty I purchased. Replaced the valve cover gaskets as well- also covered by the warranty.
    Upgraded to the Bufkin pipe as long as the engine was out. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Transmission appears to be going strong. (knocking on wood...knocking on wood...)
    Last edited by SCARGO; March 22nd, 2014 at 17:24.