Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: RS6 US VIN Compilation.....

New owner (1 year) in northern VA with 904450 - think it was got boost's car. Had a bunch of service done including the TB and replaced the un pressurized DRC with koni's and hotchkis sway bars. Will sell the DRC struts and lines as well as an H sport rear sway bar - PM if interested.

Great car and great community here @RS6.com!

VIN: WUAPV64363N905478

New transmission about 18 months ago (5/12) - after 29,600 miles

904646Mugello/Silver/nav, 115K now, Koni/GIAC, original transmission + TC replaced at 58K according to all service records,in CT

Hey Tanner....How goes it? My car is in Southport now...give a call sometime...
    2013 Audi S8

APR ecu/tcu tune since 24k
    Current mileage is 93k
    No known Trans or TC replacement and currently no issues.
    '03 RS6: Full APR EMCS/TCU, Nurburgring Bronze 19x8.5, Freshly Rebuilt Turbos, Gutted Precats, Stern Racing Mounts, SAI Delete, Aux Radiator Delete, Venair Hoses, Koni Yellows.....

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Hey Tanner....How goes it? My car is in Southport now...give a call sometime...
    Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Urbo View Post
    New owner (1 year) in northern VA with 904450 - think it was got boost's car. Had a bunch of service done including the TB and replaced the un pressurized DRC with koni's and hotchkis sway bars. Will sell the DRC struts and lines as well as an H sport rear sway bar - PM if interested.

Welcome and Congrats!

I know that car well!

Thanks for this info. Can you give more details on the failure and why the whole trans was done?

This vin is near the cutoff line between good and not so good units. Trans wise

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Wendel View Post
    VIN: WUAPV64363N905478

New transmission about 18 months ago (5/12) - after 29,600 miles

I am certainly not a mechanic. The car just stopped moving forward and I could feel the transmission slipping - like I was holding a clutch down.
    The local Audi dealer told me the transmission failed because I did not drive the car hard enough! (Guess I should have tracked the car.)
    Thankfully, I did get Audi to pay a significant portion of the repair/replacement of the transmission. I think I paid around $3,000 of the $13,000 quote.....

To say they are full of $ hit may be too kind. That is not why it failed. Service people....geez

I have had two early vin cars blow transmissions by 40k. My late vin car is perfect to this day.

Late vin cars can last to 120k even with a tune. We are searching for the point in time where a update was made. Audi wont speak for obvious reasons. 1200 RS6 owners beating down doors. Lol

I am certainly not a mechanic. The car just stopped moving forward and I could feel the transmission slipping - like I was holding a clutch down.
    The local Audi dealer told me the transmission failed because I did not drive the car hard enough! (Guess I should have tracked the car.)
    Thankfully, I did get Audi to pay a significant portion of the repair/replacement of the transmission. I think I paid around $3,000 of the $13,000 quote.....

So is my new transmission likely to last?

Yes

And 13k for a trans is a crock of $ hit. Even at CA rates. If you ever need another big repair....ask here first. There are members in your area that know the indys that work on these.

So is my new transmission likely to last?

Quote Originally Posted by Urbo View Post

TC replaced @104K miles ...

I watched 904680 go through Manheim San Antonio Auction today. It had 85k and a check engine light on. It sold for $12,200.
    #1 RS6 Mugello/Silver, RNS-E, Revo Tune, Sold. #2 RS6 Avus Silver/Silver, SE Exhaust. 08 Suburban LTZ 4x4. 09 Cadillac CTS-V 670 hp. Sold. 2000 BMW Z3M Roadster Dinan Supercharged, 2008 BM3 m3 Coupe, 2011 BMW M3 sedan, 1990 Spec Miata.

I also now own 904652.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    I also now own 904652.
    Why the switch?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Why the switch?
    As with most things in life you get what you pay for. I wanted a couple of different options and was looking at doing some additional maintenance items for tires and brakes on the one ride here that instead I will let the next owner look at doing. I have also run my course with the crazy status of owning/driving the highest mileage beast on our continent. Will have a trio for a period of time until a new home is found for the Mugello/Ivory.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

This same car just rolled back through the auction with a announcement of Check Engine Light on and Frame Damage. It resold for $10,500.

Quote Originally Posted by kvicen View Post
    I watched 904680 go through Manheim San Antonio Auction today. It had 85k and a check engine light on. It sold for $12,200.
    #1 RS6 Mugello/Silver, RNS-E, Revo Tune, Sold. #2 RS6 Avus Silver/Silver, SE Exhaust. 08 Suburban LTZ 4x4. 09 Cadillac CTS-V 670 hp. Sold. 2000 BMW Z3M Roadster Dinan Supercharged, 2008 BM3 m3 Coupe, 2011 BMW M3 sedan, 1990 Spec Miata.