Thread: Any updates on the RS4 delays?

Any updates on the RS4 delays?

My dealer confirmed the delay in my listed delivery date (to California), but said the build date remained the same (complete end of April). His enquiries turned up an indication that the delivery dates on all cars had been erroneously bumped by the factory, and would be corrected as each car came off the production line.

Does anyone have any confirmation, details, other rumors?

I'm just about to jump ship into a Porsche Cayman S, an extremely sweet little car, as there a quite are few currently available.

My dealer is adament that delivery remains end of next month, after his inquiries despite what the Audi Access system

George@Fourtitude called a few people in the know at AoA's Aubern headquaters and got the same response from all of them: the car isn't delayed, it will still be here by the start of June, maybe even a little earlier.
    05 TT 3.2 DSG

I can't believe there isn't some concerted message from Audi on this by now. A quick check of 4 dealers over the last 2 days in the Bay Area has them all still under the impression there is a 2 to 3 month delay. If this were just wrong, wouldn't Audi want to put a stop to the rumors instantly, to stop people jumping ship (as I'm about to do)?

The production run is almost all spoken for this year I'm sure, why would they care? The guys that ordered the RS6 experienced this kind of treatment too. All the RS6's they could make were sold though. We do have to remember we are getting a very rare beast. P-Cars are everywhere. AMG's are flowing like water through traffic. M-Cars are a dime a dozen. The RS is still an elusive & rare beast to see on the road. I personally like it that way, I don't want to see myself at a light. I will take the wait and like it. It will be so worth it. In this day of instant gratification, I think it's best to re-visit and old saying,"good things come to those who wait".
    Last edited by Audihead; April 7th, 2006 at 19:15.

Originally posted by johnw3d
    I can't believe there isn't some concerted message from Audi on this by now. A quick check of 4 dealers over the last 2 days in the Bay Area has them all still under the impression there is a 2 to 3 month delay. If this were just wrong, wouldn't Audi want to put a stop to the rumors instantly, to stop people jumping ship (as I'm about to do)?
    Why would they? Officially the launch is still set for early June, and that hasn't changed. The dealers are making the assumption that because of a glitch in the ordering system, the car has been delayed (even though the build dates are still correct.) You know what they say about making assumptions, right?

05 TT 3.2 DSG

Originally posted by Prof Gascan
    You know what they say about making assumptions, right?
    It makes an ass out of you and...........

Originally posted by Audihead
    It makes an ass out of you and...........
    05 TT 3.2 DSG