Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New 911 Turbo (997) or an Audi RS4?

Question New 911 Turbo (997) or an Audi RS4?

After visiting the Porsche Showroom near me and talking to the sales manager, I really like the sound of the new 911 Turbo. The problem is, I really really want a new RS4. I own a 911 (996) Turbo S and an Audi RS4 (mk1), and I think that they are both brilliant cars for charging up and down the motorways. Unfortunatly I have to make the desision of whether to buy the new 911 Turbo or the new RS4! I'm in need of urgent help!!!

"If he can do it in his Mercedes I can do it tooooo!"

Both very different cars...... which would you use the most? do you need space and rear seats etc?

Im a hardcore fan of the RS4... and I prefer something different and rare... Porsche are great drivers cars but they seem to look abit tame these days....

I would get a fully loaded RS4!

Riz
    Audi RS4 - ETA September 2006

Originally posted by Riz_RS4

I would get a fully loaded RS4!

Riz
    Easy choice!

Save your $$$ and get the RS 4!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

I presume i am going to be ''flamed'' now, but...

''911 turbo'' would be my choice.

If no kids, get the 997 Turbo!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

My kids are only getting bigger so I am infact selling my 996TT and have an RS4 on order. I do not expect the RS4 to turn heads nor give me the performance I was used to with the Turbo (DMS tuned 500BHP and a similar Torque fig) but circumstances change.

Thus your decision should only be made on what you or your family want and need from the car and not a flat comparison.

..Ian

Well I don't have any kids, and I'm not planning on any in the future just yet. Who ever said that the Porsche was tame, they are quite the opposite, I've been in two situations when I could have really lost the car at high speed, both on the Isle of Man! Even if I do have kids in the near future I have a Range Rover that would kart them about. I'm still not too sure, and to make matters worse I'm off to test drive an Aston Martin DB9 today!

007, DB9..nice, id have that over a 996 TT all day but not over the 997 TT.

Why not order the RS4 and buy a 996 TT...less that £100K spent on 2 cars, same as 1 DB9!

..IS

Originally posted by AndyBG
    I presume i am going to be ''flamed'' now, but...

''911 turbo'' would be my choice.

You said it my brother, I say go for the 997TT, 3.4 seconds to 60mph in a auto.

Bajo
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

As much as I love the RS4 (trust me, I do,) there is absolutely no way I would even consider buying one if I could buy a 997 TT. Not even for a second.

05 TT 3.2 DSG

Prof, I am prob a little light in the wallet (but not too out of reach) to buy a 997 TT, I have a 996 TT (DMS Tuned) which sits in the garage awiting for me not to have 3 kids and a ton of rugby training equipment to ferry around on a lovely spring Sunday morning.

This isn't going to happen so the RS4 i think will be the next best thing.

But I agree with you all the way fella!

If you have to choose only 1 and you don't have kids, then it's the 997 turbo, no contest.

But, why not have the RS4 as the daily, and have a used 996TT for the weekends!!!

Well I can answer that, my Mrs insists on taking another extra 3 kids on the school run for other people (why I don't know. I did pull her on it and was accused of being hum bug). So we have a Chrysler voyager bus, and a 55 reg Megane 225 sport (which may have to go to). So got 3 cars with the RS4 on one order.

It all about room on the drive, how much you use them and money more importantly at the end of the day.

I should have added that if room isn't a problem, then its 997 TT all the way. Given the need for a useable rear seat however, there can be only one.
    05 TT 3.2 DSG

Porsche 911 TURBO. RS4 or a DB9 that is one of lifes hard choices, a would go for the aston or the RS.

Aston because of the looks, damn that is one good looking car
    RS because its an audi RS

I've driven the DB9 and I can safely say, if I wasn't completely stumped before, I am now! The power and the noise of the car was something else. I managed to clock the car at 127mph (about 190km/h I think) , but the sales man wasn't impressed, I think I scared him.

I already have a Supercharged Range Rover for my weekly car, and I tend to use my RS4 (mk1) and Porsche (996) at the weekends only, unless I'm doing a particurly long journey, in which case I take the Porsche. I haven't driven the new 997 Turbo, but I can only expect that it will be nothing less than amazing. But then again the Aston and the RS4 (mk2) were pretty amazing too. Maybe I should have each one for a week and see which one is easiest to live with, but do I really care? God someone help me!!! Or maybe I should sell the Range Rover and buy the Cayenne Turbo S and the RS4.

I think you should go for 911 turbo now, and wait untill october for facelifted Cayenne to arive, then sell your Range R and get yourself new facelifted Cayenne turbo S.

Andy

Originally posted by Prof Gascan
    As much as I love the RS4 (trust me, I do,) there is absolutely no way I would even consider buying one if I could buy a 997 TT. Not even for a second.
    Agreed... if he can afford I'd go for the Porsche.