Thread: DRC.. News..and you wont like it either..

DRC.. News..and you wont like it either..

So.. Its been about 2 days now driving on my replaced DRC system.. And something is wrong..
    Initially, I just figured that new shocks will need a litle time to settle in... Not so..

The car sits visibly about one inch higher than it did previously..

Also, in driving it, I have noticed alot more front end bounce and dive and squat plus corner roll have all increased notably.. Whereas before, when I used to go over my local street bumps. the car was stiff and gave a good solid shock rebound like 'kathunk'. Now, over those same bumps. it goes more like kathunk-a-thunk-a.....
    It rides more like my 2003 4.2 sport did..
    Cornering.. the car doesnt turn in like it did and understeer and body roll have increased..

Call to SM.. He confirms that Audi has updated the DRC part numbers with new ones.. all 4 shocks and center valves have new part #'s and thats all there is for us..
    Since they have done others before mine, I asked if anyone else had mentioned this.. He said most have noticed a more cushy ride than before..
    If you try and enter the old part numbers in to the database, new ones come up..
    In short, Audi has softened up our suspensions without even the courtesy of telling us .. and its a noticeable step backwards in performance and ride.. Might as well just yank it out and get Pss9 coilovers now..
    So, if you notice the above when you get yours back from this repair, this is why..
    This might just be the last straw..

Registered User 5000S old skool's Avatar
    Danbury, CT... overrun by japanese rice tuners
    Stassis

Yea! What he said.

Of course I AM biased as I used to crew for the TC team.

Pete

Hy Octane- Very sorry to hear of your continued problems, really suck.

But I agree on the STaSIS set up. The Motorsport with the Ohlins dampers are really amazing. You can feel where your money goes.

Oh and Vegasguy, have you seen this

http://forums.audiworld.com/a4b7/msgs/37207.phtml

Should be a very good year.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

No I had not seen that, I had dinner with Paul when he was in town for SEMA and we spoke about this years plans so I know what the cars were going to be, but I did not know they were ready to go. Car looks nice.

OK, sorry to steal the thread, back to the regularly scheduled programing.

Pete

Originally posted by Bauer
    have you seen this

Paul, very sorry to hear. It just keeps getting more and more ridiculous for you! Unbelievable!

I'll also agree that if my DRC goes, Stasis is the way I'll go. As long as AoA is flipping the bill, I'll let them mess with the DRC, but as soon as it's past and the DRC gives me any issues... Stasis for me.

Ben, awesome new car, I wish the team the Best!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Nice to have the $5000 to do that! But what's next when the Engine gives you trouble?

An aftermarket BMW Engine? Honda?

We need to nip this in the bud now and demand better service as a group.

I can't even imagine what bs the A8 guys go through with the electronic problems in their cars!
    There is an A8 under the knife in Latham as we speak. They don't read the manual so they'll never figure it out!

Mike

Originally posted by Bauer

A good year indeed. What a sweet ride. Enjoy! And good luck to the team.

Hy Octane - very sorry to hear about the continued problems and the softer ride on the new DRC parts. It's unconscionable that Audi would make that kind of a change for this car and think that no one would notice after the "repairs" were done that performance was adversely affected.
    SoCal

Current: S6 (2007), A3 2.0T (2008), RX-7 (1995)

Previous Audi: RS6 (2003)