Thread: RS4 Avant Ordered

RS4 Avant Ordered

Hi, newbie here.

I've been lurcking for a while, but this is my first post.

I've just finalised the spec on my RS4 Avant which will be the first at the dealers, so hoping for delivery end July/early Aug.

Spec is as follows:

Phantom Black
    Black Metallic Leather RS4 Buckets
    Matt Ali Inlays
    Sports Suspension Plus
    Technology Pack
    TV & Teletext
    GSM Phone Prep on Dashboard
    Auto Air Recirc
    Manual Side Blinds
    Heated Front & Rear Seats
    FCA
    Auto Dipping Mirrors
    Homelink

Can't wait now. I've been on the list since Feb 2005, so another 5 months is going to be an absolute killer. I just hope that the Avants aren't delayed, but you just never know with Audi's track record.

Hi Nipper,

you place you final order, or just a a pre order?

Here in Germany I am still waiting to place a final order for my Avant.
    Bye Bye
    Pat

Atlanta, Georgia and Ramat-Hasharon,Israel
    Congradulations!!
    :thumb: Buckle Up and Enjoy The Ride.

Hi Patrick,

UK ordering opened officially on 1st March. As far as I am aware this is now a confirmed order with Audi UK.

Hi Nipper,

I put down my deposit for RS4 Avant on Wednesday. However I wasn't able to spec the car becasue no official prices etc had been announced for the Avant and Cabriolet yet. Has delaer confirmed the list price with you?

Thanks Taz

Taz,

The UK list price has been confirmed as £51,780.

The avant spec is as per the RS4 saloon, but with the addition of matt aluminium roof bars.

Options are as per the saloon, but with the usual avant variations.

Price lists aren't apparantly due until June though.

Fantastic. cheerz for that Nipper.

I'll get straight on to the dealer and see what he's saying. I see you've chosen the sport+ suspension. Anyword on the difference in ride quality between this and the normal suspension?

Other than this, it sounds as though we're going to have a set of twins on our hands..apart from the matt ali inlays..i'm thinkin piano black maybe.

Congrats on the order!

thanks Taz

Taz,

I'm expecting the sports plus suspension to be a bit firmer, but not too different to the std set up. I've gone for it mainly as I prefer the look of the car sitting 10mm lower.

With regard to the inlay, although I've speced matt ali, I want to see the piano. just in case I prefer it. I've actually spent more time deciding on the inlays than any of the other options. I dismissed the carbon straight off as I think it looks cheap, and was drawn to the piano (my wife had it in her S3 a few years back) but I'm concerned it will be too dark in an all black interior (the S3 had silver leather). I've seen the matt ali and I think it looks good and lightens the interior.

Yeh, the aluminium does look nice. When i went to the dealer, they had a Misano red RS4 saloon with the alu inlays. It looks sweet and does brighten up the interior.
    Along with this they had an A8 with the paino wood interior with black leather...altho dark...it does look very regal.

As regard to the suspension..thats exactly the reason why I want to spec it. I think when the car sits lower it makes the front overhang look that little bit shorter.

The suspension set up is my biggest question mark. I drove the beast twice already but with standard suspension. I also love it sitting 10mm lower as the red avant in Geneva which looks perfect, but I am concernned about the ride being to harsh. Some people and most of the Audi dealers say it will be to harsh, but few tests from future owners report the ride being ok.

I really don't know how to finalize my choice. I wil try to get another ride with super plus setting. I can read form you guys that most of the tribute will go for the super sport. Any additional comment on this ? I will go for the Recaro seats more confortable than RS seats obviously. This may allow me to go for super sport suspension. Taking also into consideration the car will be my day to day car.

Thanks for your comments

To Fab

super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

thanks Eric for your help

You drove the beast few times. Can you please comment a bit on your feeling with this spec

thanks

Originally posted by Erik
    To Fab

super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension super sport suspension

Nipper, welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan