Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealer allocation info?

Mine says the same IS (05). Three or four months isn't that long to wait. Anytime I have ordered anything from any Germany it has taken @ this amount of time. The wait to get to order it was the worst, now at least we have some movement and know the cars are coming.

My sales guy called today to say that my RS4 will be built on March 31, with projected delivery date May 29. This is an Avus Silver car with all the options that are supposed to be in the first batch. (Black interior, no rear bombs, etc.)

FWIW.

Icrcr, do you happen to know what your current order status code is? Were you told this build date was from the factory?

It's a pity Audi doesn't have something like the BMW web-based order status checking system. We wouldn't be in the dark and such nervous wrecks bothering one-another in these forums.

Originally posted by johnw3d
    Icrcr, do you happen to know what your current order status code is? Were you told this build date was from the factory?
    I was told that this information came from the factory. But I didn't ask for an order status code. I will be talking further with them soon as I will probably trade my B6 S4 early (wouldn't want to hit a deer between now and then).

I didn't ask about a status code either but my dealer simply read to me what he saw on the screen in the audi ordering system network thingy. He read it as build date 3/24, port of exit 4/4, and estimated delivery 5/1. However, he went on to say not to hold my breath since a recent meeting of sales personnel indicated that the first US RS4's are not supposed to be delivered until June so there's a possibility that the car will be held by Audi until the official release date.

Nevertheless, it's still great news knowing my car is in production stock (pulled by the factory) and no more changes can be made. Looking very much forward to my Misano Red/Black beast.
    06 M5 silvergrey/indy red
    07 RS4 misano red/black
    07 997TT gt silver (soon)

My dealer said that their first three RS4s -- all sold -- have just started being manufactured and were due in U.S. toward the end of May. Also said that delays in transit or at the port could push customer delivery to the first or second week of June. I don't know build codes, but the information is consistent with other reports.
    SoCal

Current: S6 (2007), A3 2.0T (2008), RX-7 (1995)

Previous Audi: RS6 (2003)

Is there anyone with US orders in for the introductory configurations (color & trim the only options) who has not received build date info?

Also, is anyone getting order status updates via email? There is mention on the Audi USA site that they will send order status emailings.

I have been told order is in and had been uploaded, not told a build date yet. I'll email them today, let you know if i get similar dates.

Dealer just emailed me the following printout, how do these jive with everyone else?:

Actual
    Order Entry 12/21/2005
    Marked Sold Order 03/10/2006
    Vehicle Assigned 03/10/2006
    Release to Manuf. 12/22/2005
    Release for Production 03/03/2006
    ETA
    Ship Loaded 04/14/2006
    Port Arrived 05/03/2006
    Rel. to Carrier (Port) 05/16/2006
    Dealer Delivered Week of 05/29/2006

Which ports does Audi use. I know BMW uses N.J., S.C., and C.A. depending on the cars destination.

My Dealer told me that Rhode Island is the port for the N.E. Those dates seem to jive with what most of us are being told..

Question The Truth or??

So out of curiosity I thought I'd go around my dealer and call Audi Corp to see if I could squeeze some info about when the RS4's may be acutually showing up. I talked with a woman who seemed to be being kept in the loop.

The scoop is: RS4's will be arrriving in May (I pressed on beginning, middle...) and she said probably beginning to middle because Audi doesn't want to release the Q7 and RS4 at the same time it would be too much. The Q7 is supposed to start arriving in the beginning of June and most dealers with get a demo in April. Of course no demo's for the RS4, and I asked about pricing and she said that she still had no idea, but that she was supposed to be told that in the next two weeks. I guess I'll take all this with a grain of salt. Oh yeah and there are only supposed to be about 1000 units coming as well.. I was really grillin her.. but she laughed and said she understood because it was such an amazing car.

Steve

Johann van Nyssen (Sp.) AoA Vice-President was just on Autoline Detroit this weekend. He confirmed that dealer deliveries will start at the end of May. He was asked by the panel of automotive journalists, specifically about the RS4, that was his answer.

F*in finally!

Does anyone need an RS4 I will order you one here and bring it to you if you can not get one. I can not imagine many will sale here but who knows we only got 4 RS6's.
    (Returned) 2003 Mugello Blue RS6, Silver interior
    2005 Mallett CTS-V 007: long tube headers, race cam, exhaust, heads, intake, and suspension.
    2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited: 4.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires on 20's
    Wife's 2007 Chevrolet Suburban: 427, Corsa Exhaust

Originally posted by sturs6
    Does anyone need an RS4 I will order you one here and bring it to you if you can not get one. I can not imagine many will sale here but who knows we only got 4 RS6's.
    We will get the car, but can you bring all the other goodies we don't get? Steering Wheel, Seats, Sports + Susupension, RS4 Floor Mats, Push Button Start?