Thread: Stunning pics of the new RS4 Cabriolet

Stunning pics of the new RS4 Cabriolet

It's time to drool

Tumbo aka Audiholic
    Movie about my car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ4yWzwuAdQ

Those are very nice pictures!

A bit odd not to have pictures taken at the beach with sunshine, but different is fine.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Really nice... my personal rs4 "buying season" will come this summer, thus I'm right now making my mind between the sedan and the cabrio (tought decision, if you ask me)

One thing that worries me a bit is some "feeling" I've got about Audi thinking that cabrio buyers are not looking for the same driving experience that sedan ones, thus "softening" a bit the car.
    I'll explain myself... it's not only the 4.9(cabrio) Vs 4.8(sedan) 0-100 times... that miser 0.1s could be easily exaplined due perhaps to a bit of weight increase, or God knows why (some clues from you guys would be greatly appreciated here, since I do not see clearly why the cabrio will be taking more time than the sedan in 0-100... considering the fact that [weight from roof + roof mechanism] <= [sedan's fixed roof weight] ? no ? )

Whatever... 0.1s... I could live with it. What worries me a bit more is some "details"... for example, Audi has set "normal sport" seats as default seats for the cabrio... and you must order the bucket ones as option... slap me if that is not a step towards "civilized" and a step away from "sportiness".
    Why? I just cannot understand that movement.

Now, if everything stops here, then no problem: I'll ask for the bucket seats and no more to be talked about. But it's my fear that Audi could perhaps take some other litte steps towards "civilized". For example, a softened damper settings... a slightly different gearing... you know, small details due to the fact that Audi guys seem to think that potential cabrio buyers are to be less "sporty" than sedan ones.

I hope some of you guys will be able to correct me, jump in here and tell me "hey no, what you are about to buy is just a RS4 with soft roof, it drives the same as a RS4 sedan - ok, torsional rigidity will not be the same, but that does happen with cabrios Vs sedans - , so do not worry" ... I'd thank you a lot for this one

best regards,
    l'pollastre desastre
    A Ferrari will always be a Ferrari, and everything else... well, it also runs.

Welcome pollastre.

I think the RS4 Convertible is the perfect car for a country like Spain.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Yeah cool pictures.

Gazzab

Very cool pics. I'm wondering why they used the base model (US) seats for those pictures?

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan