Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I did It!

Originally posted by nyrs6
    I am confused

I thought the first RS4's are going to hvae black interior and premium package and carbonfiber trim only?

No options of interior color only exterior?
    Choices for the initial US cars include interior/exterior color, al or cf trim, XM or Sirius sat radio, rear side airbags.

My "order" is in. Now the wait begins.

Audihead, have you seen the Sprint Blue in the flesh, I loved the pictures in Sprint Blue, but in real life not so enamoured.

Gazzab

Oh and by the way congrads.

First off, thank you very much. Now the second wait begins, this one should be much shorter. Congrats to S4Aero and Icrcr as well. Now for the questions:

I havent heard anything from my dealer yet Did they give you the option to do custom paint if you wanted? I think its called audi exclusive paint or something or other.
    I did not ask about custom paint through the Audi Exclusive Program. I ordered Sprint Blue, i'm a Blue nut. I think you might have to wait for June for the Exclusive Program to kick in. It never hurts to ask though.

Audihead, have you seen the Sprint Blue in the flesh, I loved the pictures in Sprint Blue, but in real life not so enamoured.
    Yes i have, I like it alot. My dealer has a Sprint Blue S4 sitting in the showroom right next to a 2003 Ebony Black RS6. Can't wait to see a RS6 and RS4 next to each other.

Thanx again everyone!

Audihead,

Fair enough, is the ebony black similar to Phantom black, how did the Ebony look?

Gazzab

Originally posted by gazzab
    Audihead,

Fair enough, is the ebony black similar to Phantom black, how did the Ebony look?

Gazzab
    Others with more experience please chime in here. I think the Ebony Black was more of a pearl Black and Phantom is more a straight Black.

Originally posted by lcrcr
    Choices for the initial US cars include interior/exterior color, al or cf trim, XM or Sirius sat radio, rear side airbags.

My "order" is in. Now the wait begins.
    Must have changed. Per the letter that audi gave out in december, that said that you can only choose the exterior. And that Ebony interior is standard for the intro cars.
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

Yes, Audi was a little fuzzy about that. With the Sprint Blue you can have the Silver now I believe, all the rest Black interior for now.

Hi all. I placed a deposit on an RS4 a little while ago, but my dealer continues to tell me RS4 ordering is not yet open (here in the USA). From what I can see in this thread, at least two of you have been able to place a full order, is that right?

Can anyone tell me why some dealers are taking orders and mine is still sitting on my deposit?

Thanks very much,
    JB

Where are you on the list? Are you up front or the back?

Good question. Probably near the back, as the dealer did not say there was any ordered list, nor what my spot on it was when I placed the deposit. Seems like I'm being a bit naive.

From your question, I'm guessing they can only order one at a time. Any idea how long between each order?

No wonder he's been trying to talk me into an S4.

I've determined that I'm 7th on the deposit list, though the dealer says that I still could be in the first allotment. Is this possible? He also says the factory ordering is *not* open yet, anyway, and dealers who say they are taking orders are simply queueing them. Have any of you who mentioned ordering received factory order confirmation numbers, or anything like that?

Also was wondering what colors and options are available, from those who've ordered. My dealer says there may not be a silver, can this be possible?

Thanks for any info.

JB

How can the dealers take a deposit if there is no definite order?

Gazzab

Originally posted by Audihead
    Yes, Audi was a little fuzzy about that. With the Sprint Blue you can have the Silver now I believe, all the rest Black interior for now.
    Dealers on audiworld say otherwise. Sprint blue is not available and no silver interior for the first models.

Although some dealers took orders with silver interior, those orders are said to come much later and not with the first batch of introduction cars.
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

As I understand it, this was a (relatively small, refundable) deposit to secure my place in the "RS4 queue", which would then determine my place in the orders sent to the factory.

If dealers are not supposed to do this, I'd like to know.

My current understanding is that the factory is not actually taking orders yet, but the USA order guide came out on Monday and the US Audi order system is taking orders, which constitutes another queue waiting for the factory to process them and issue allotments.

So, at the least, my dealer is not getting me into the next queue in a timely manner.

That was standard practice downunder. I paid my deposit and detailed my options to ensure i got a build spot. This was even before the dealer had the specs.

The contract says I can cancel and get a full refund and will confirm all costing on options etc before build commences.

The deposit was to make sure I got on of only 45 coming to Australia.

jas

Interesting Jas, I cancelled an order for my M3, told no problems cancelling but had to threaten legal action to get my deposit back, one of the main reasons why I will not buy another BMW, after having bought two BMW's. This is not an isolated incident happened to another M3 owner I know! So called prestige car dealers!!!!

Gazzab

Originally posted by nyrs6
    Dealers on audiworld say otherwise. Sprint blue is not available and no silver interior for the first models.

Although some dealers took orders with silver interior, those orders are said to come much later and not with the first batch of introduction cars.
    First post here, been lurking for about a month, really enjoy the posts.

I visited a local dealer recently after reading posts here and on Audiworld about some ordering silver interiors since that's what I'd like(Sprint ext.). Here's what I found out, confirmed by official Audi Canada docs.

Up here in Canada only 3 exterior colours will be available at first:
    -Phantom Black
    -Daytona Grey
    -Avus Silver

All interiors will be black, no sat radio.

Silver interior and the 4 other exterior colours(Sprint Blue on sold orders only) will come later(June build). XM radio is also June build while Sirius is November build.

No price yet, should come sometime in March.

Looking like September delivery at the earliest for those of us that want flashier exterior colours and silver interiors.

Originally posted by Goldorak
    First post here, been lurking for about a month, really enjoy the posts.

I visited a local dealer recently after reading posts here and on Audiworld about some ordering silver interiors since that's what I'd like(Sprint ext.). Here's what I found out, confirmed by official Audi Canada docs.

Up here in Canada only 3 exterior colours will be available at first:
    -Phantom Black
    -Daytona Grey
    -Avus Silver

All interiors will be black, no sat radio.

Silver interior and the 4 other exterior colours(Sprint Blue on sold orders only) will come later(June build). XM radio is also June build while Sirius is November build.

No price yet, should come sometime in March.

Looking like September delivery at the earliest for those of us that want flashier exterior colours and silver interiors.
    Did they give you any indication when we'd start to see RS4s in Canada? I've heard that there will be only 10 :MTM: for Canada in the first allotment.
    05 TT 3.2 DSG