Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RS4 V8 MTM Kompressor.....

Originally posted by 5000S old skool
    Supercharger for the RS4 V8?? Im guessing this kit would include lower compression pistons?? Isnt the compression ratio for the RS4 much to high for any kind of forced induction??
    A lot of tuners put spacers between the block and the cylinder head to achieve a lower compression ration.
    HPG/HPA does this for their VR6 turbo engines, and they seem to work fine.

Cool, someone put this on their car! I can't wait to see what the repair bill for a non-warranty RS4 motor will be.

Originally posted by Audihead
    Cool, someone put this on their car! I can't wait to see what the repair bill for a non-warranty RS4 motor will be.
    MTM have their own warrenty. This is German tuning. Not some small town mechanic trying to make some extra money by installing a supercharger he bought on ebay.

http://www.mtm-online.de/en/index.php?nav=7

...from this it would seem the warranty is free for new vehicles, and you have to pay a small contribution if the vehicle is already a couple of years old when the work is done.

I sure hope they will cover the new engine in the U.S. if it goes. The only importer in the U.S. is Hoppen Motorsports in Florida. It would really suck if you had to have your car shipped somewhere to have it fixed. In Europe this might be a more viable option, but here in the States I would be very worried.

The guarantee applies in germany. If the vehicle is transitory not in the area, the guarantee applies in Europe.

The Hoppen website is kind of a mess, so I can't tell if they offer the same kind of garantee that MTM in gives in Europe.
    But if the workmenship is the same level as MTM Germany, you probably won't need a warrant.

By the time the supercharger is available on your side of the pond, there will be several MTM RS4s on the road here, perhaps even on this board. They can tell you whether bits will fall off. The supercharged 500hp MTM S4s seem to be doing fine.

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_1980.shtml

Can't wait to see one. It sure sounds like a mean beast.

I am sure MTM will figure out a way to go over 500hp on this engine,but how badly would reliability of the engine suffer? If such kit comes out RS4 should be good for some true speed.I suppose minimum of 550/570 hp,considering the fact that they get 500hp from the S4 engine.Lets only hope that there will be enough shassis excellence from RS4 to cope with such power, and if it does its GREAT.

from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

MTM RS4 review

I just watched on german TV DSF show called ''TUNING TV'', and they featured this car, driver was ex WRC star Armin Schwarz, and driving took place on big snow course.

They said it has 500 hp, but i didn't heard any other figures (tourque, performance data...)

But i heard SOUND of it, man that is some houl under that carbon bonnet.
    I am afraid it says:

E55, GO HOME!!!

Re: MTM RS4 review

Originally posted by AndyBG
    I heard SOUND of it, man that is some houl under that carbon bonnet.
    I am afraid it says:

E55, GO HOME!!!

Hehe! Isn't it nice when cars talk? :MTM:
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Re: Re: MTM RS4 review

Originally posted by Erik
    Hehe! Isn't it nice when cars talk? :MTM:
    This one defenetly do that!

How could it only have 500hp when the MTM S4 had 500hp?

Also any idea what kind of torque it will create?

Erik,

Are you sure it is an RS4 engine ?

I will say it is an S4 V8 engine......

Cheers,
    Frederic

Originally posted by Mr Balsen
    Erik,

Are you sure it is an RS4 engine ?

I will say it is an S4 V8 engine......

Cheers,
    Frederic
    Ya me to

I never said what engine it was

Probably S4

I would seriously consider dropping dimage on this thing if i could be sure of serveral things:

a) that any work on the engine would be covered by their warranty

b) that i wouldn't have to travel more than 150 miles to get that service

c) that it would not hurt the long term health of the car nor hurt its resale value, and providing that it is not hard to return the car to stock form should i need to trade it in...

i think it would be really fun to dust an M5 past the 90mph mark and see the look on their faces (in my rear view mirror)..

sadly i get the feeling that this MTM SC is not something that will be very prevelant in the states.

are there any good eurotuners in the NY Metro area? that are as reliable as MTM?

In the past the MTM warranty on the vehicle was not available in the US through Hoppen (or anyone else). I doubt that has changed. They did give me a small discount on the replacement turbos for the ones that blew (because it was chipped, according to Audi). It's different in Germany.

It sucks being a Euro car fan in America