Thread: TT in the snow...

TT in the snow...

Hey folks I am new to this forum and have a couple of questions. I recently purchased a Nogaro Blue, '02 TT quattro with 20k on the clock. I love everything about the car except for one thing. One of the big reasons I purchased her was the quattro. I fell in love with the idea of not being hampered by snow drifts on the highway. Well guess what, my car handles beautifully in the wet and dry, but has been a total dog in the snow. My first experience was on the highway in New England the day after X-mas. There was a light dusting of snow swirling about on the road and my car became extremely unstable above 40 m.p.h. My tires are the original issue Michelin Pilot Aw's and while they are not "new," they would appear to okay on treadlife. Should I look into new tires or did I just buy a little too much into the quattro concept? Anybody have any similair experiences?

Thanks for your help and happy new year folks.

Maybe you can ask that question here: http://www.tt-forum.co.uk

wfg, Hans.

First off by having the TT you do not have a true Quattro system (Torsen). You have a Haldex system. Which means you are primarily front wheel drive until those wheels slip. Then power is routed to the back. Secondly all season tires are pretty much crap. Get snows for the winter. You should be fine after that. Just remember even with all wheel traction and snows you can't beat the laws of physics.

Originally posted by Audihead
    First off by having the TT you do not have a true Quattro system. You have a Haldex system. Which means you are primarily front wheel drive until those wheels slip. Then power is routed to the back. Secondly all season tires are pretty much crap. Get snows for the winter.

LOL Do they even sell winter tires in UK?
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

Originally posted by gnomik007
    LOL Do they even sell winter tires in UK?
    He says he was driving in New Engalnd. I believe that is in the U.S. .

Originally posted by Audihead
    He says he was driving in New Engalnd. I believe that is in the U.S. .

HAHAHA I think U r right,thx
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD