Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm back....almost

Originally posted by iconcls
    They all come crawling back.
    Well, I officially returned my leased car to Audi today. At least I got over a dozen tracks days in, so I thoroughly enjoyed it!

It has been a true pleasure being associated with you all!
    '01.5 Stg3 S4 (Dahlback Racing software)
    '01 X5 3.0
    '04 Mini Cooper

'03 RS 6 (Avus/Silver/NAV/Rear Side Airbags) --gone but not forgotten

Does that mean you're outta here for good? You can still visit, just don't get a BMW...just kidding

Yep, I am still leerking about here.

Seems like people may not be too thrilled with the new NA route Audi is taking as our cars have seemed to appreciate recently. I wonder if I can 1031 exchange some rental property into 20 RS6's?

Good to have you back.

Icon... glad to see you are enjoying that Accord to it's fullest.

Ben-

Jealously is an ugly thing

Actually, the motor is out of it right now with the turbos being rebuilt. Had the mounting bracket fail on the drivers side IC and tear off, which in turn damaged the IC. Causing the turbo to over-spin and start with the famous dentist drill noise. Good times. Anyway car should be up and running in the next week or so. Cams will be going in it while the motor is out as well.

But in truth, I think middle of next year I will be building a 3.0 aluminum motor for it with GT28's going in Car should put out around 600 wheel hp with that set up.

Being financially responsible..

here is a pic of one of the turbos exhaust sides.... seems it got a little too hot.

Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Originally posted by Bauer

Ben-

Jealously is an ugly thing

[/IMG]
    Jim Carey, nice...

Jealously... not at all. In fact, I'm studying everything you're doing, and soon enough the call will be made to Stassis, and will say, "Hello Stassis, my name is Ben, you recently built a S4 for a Mr. Bauer. Well go ahead and duplicate it, I'd like to skip all the BS that he went through and get straight to the good stuff!"

You know, learn by other's tirals and errors. BTW, I'm finding decent condition 00' S4s for sub $15K!
    Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Originally posted by JJV-MA
    Well, I officially returned my leased car to Audi today. At least I got over a dozen tracks days in, so I thoroughly enjoyed it!

It has been a true pleasure being associated with you all!
    Say it ain't so! One is rejoining the ranks as another falls!

Hoping you stick around!

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

JJV-MA,

Sorry to hear but understand.... now lets go out and get you a B5 S4 and turn it in to a track car. I have done all the leg work for you already (as Ben points out).

Ben,

B5 S4's ARE getting extremely cheap... they are turning into the C4 S4 which is also a very cheap car for what it is and tuning ability. Shoot me an e-mail when you get close and we can talk.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Originally posted by Bauer
    Shoot me an e-mail when you get close and we can talk.
    Will do. Still @ 4 months out from purchase.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Sure, I'll definitely stick around, if you guys don't mind.

I'll start thinking about that track car in May when winter finally ends here!

Decisions, decisions...

Joe
    '01 X5 3.0
    '04 Mini Cooper

WTF, am I going to be the only idiot left tracking these barges.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

Originally posted by iconcls
    WTF, am I going to be the only idiot left tracking these barges.
    No, this idiot still does... For now ...

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Originally posted by JJV-MA
    Sure, I'll definitely stick around, if you guys don't mind.

I'll start thinking about that track car in May when winter finally ends here!

Decisions, decisions...

Joe
    Just curious. What did you replace the RS6 with?
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

Originally posted by nyrs6
    Just curious. What did you replace the RS6 with?
    Nothing yet. I'm undecided and in no rush at the moment. For daily driving, I drive either our X5 or MINI Cooper. The MINI is especially a hoot to drive on snow covered roads; it rotates with ease using left-foot braking. Fun!

I'll probably never by a car as big as the RS6 again. Sure, I loved its power, but I grew to detest its weight after doing over a dozen track days (and a couple of winter driving schools) with it. It takes a lot of patience and effort to drive it well. Sometimes I felt as though I could count "one thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand there" as I waited for weight to transfer from one side to the other in the esses of tracks.

I'm tempted to replace the MINI with an A4 2.0T for a daily driver (especially since I still have Audi 18" 5-spoke winter tires and wheels mounted with Wintersport M3's) , and then think about a dedicated track car like a C6 Z06. A 997 C4/C4S has also crossed my mind if I want a split duty car. I'm even considering the Spec Miata route. Decisions dedicisions.

Joe
    '01 X5 3.0
    '04 Mini Cooper

After many weeks of looking and weighing out the different options, I think I will take the B5 S4 route and just mod the piss out of it and track it and worst case I can throw on some winter shoes since my M5 doesn't do a a good job at all. After much contemplation, it made more sense to go with a smaller and chaper B5 and dump about $15K into it for "fun" I figure an 00 or 01 should run me about 15 to 18K and upgraded turbos, chip, exhaust, downpipe, etc ect should run about 15K with labor and I should have a pretty fast car...no offense I've been reading a few threads where a modded B5 walked a RS6 Speed of the RS6 wouldn't have been 1st priority since the M5 seems to do a pretty good job in that department for me for now, but the B5's modding capabilities are just too awesome to ignore.

Baur, I'll PM you in about 2 weeks or so and hopefully you can give me some input. 2 weeks cuz I'm in the middle of a clusterf@ck with my builder (new home) and I'm trying to get this resolved first.

In any case, I'll update you all on the progress...

Today I saw a chic driving a Daytona gray RS6 and I knew right away it was a RS6 by its front bumper and wide stance...damn that car was purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdy.

Originally posted by AvusRS6
    After many weeks of looking and weighing out the different options, I think I will take the B5 S4 route and just mod the piss out of it and track it
    As a former B5 S4 owner, I think that sounds like a great idea. My S4 was more nimble, especially for tight turns, and with only a chip it wasn't far behind my RS6. With catbacks, downpipes and other mods ...:s4addict:

The S4 is more nimble because it is smaller with less of its weight up front (IMO). Taking that a step further, you might also want to consider a Stasis conversion of a B5 A4 1.8T. That was my car before the S4, chipped to 200 hp and the only car I've tracked. It was a blast, and that four banger has great potential from which Stasis has harvested a reported 4.9 0-60. Its still lighter front end should make it a terror in the turns.

The Stasis package may cost more than $15K, but an A4 1.8T costs a lot less than an S4. I'm not sure which would be cheaper, and I don't mean to promote one over the other. Just an idea.

Originally posted by AvusRS6
    I think I will take the B5 S4 route and just mod the piss out of it and track it. After much contemplation, it made more sense to go with a smaller and chaper B5 and dump about $15K into it... the B5's modding capabilities are just too awesome to ignore.

Baur, I'll PM you in about 2 weeks or so and hopefully you can give me some input.
    Another B5 S4 member, hopefully next year, I'll be joining you.

BTW, after you PM Bauer, plan on spending way more than $15K in mods...

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

What's this? People planning on buying older models rather than the latest stuff?

Maybe we should start an "Audi Classic" sub forum
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Originally posted by Erik
    What's this? People planning on buying older models rather than the latest stuff?

Maybe we should start an "Audi Classic" sub forum

Well... if the newer stuff keeps going the NA path, a lot of Audi folk will start buying the older stuff.

"If I wanted a NA "more BMW like" Audi, I would have bought a BMW in the first place!"

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Originally posted by JAXRS6
    As a former B5 S4 owner, I think that sounds like a great idea. My S4 was more nimble, especially for tight turns, and with only a chip it wasn't far behind my RS6. With catbacks, downpipes and other mods ...:s4addict:

The S4 is more nimble because it is smaller with less of its weight up front (IMO). Taking that a step further, you might also want to consider a Stasis conversion of a B5 A4 1.8T. That was my car before the S4, chipped to 200 hp and the only car I've tracked. It was a blast, and that four banger has great potential from which Stasis has harvested a reported 4.9 0-60. Its still lighter front end should make it a terror in the turns.

The Stasis package may cost more than $15K, but an A4 1.8T costs a lot less than an S4. I'm not sure which would be cheaper, and I don't mean to promote one over the other. Just an idea.
    Isn't that really good? 0-60mp/h in 4,9 sec with 200 hp?