Thread: Euro tail housings after VHT NightShades

Euro tail housings after VHT NightShades

I am not a big fan of smoked tail lights, however I am in full support of those that like it. One thing I hope we are not here for is get over a battle of taste. What you do with your money is your Biz!!!

Nonetheless, I always felt the clear plastic on my Euro tail housings were a bit out of place. If I could only tint that part of the plastic, I would be happy. For those of you that don't know what I am talking about, here's a pix of the clear back up tail plastic.

After speaking with ToyGuy about my options, he mentioned a product by the name of VHT NightShades. Please see spray can below:

We began our trip by taking out the housings and taping them up, except for the area to which we were going to apply the paint.

PS: not actual housings ... but you can get idea

ToyGuy proceeds to take excess gas from can. Once he's happy with enough gas out of the can, he proceeds to puncture the can, and spilling paint into small canister. He has a spray gun. Pretty cute little thing, attached to air compressor. Kind of like the ones use to paint t-shirts. So now we have our NightShades paint ready, as well as the clear coat.

We set the housings side by side, to do them both in one sitting. This is important, as you want them to be the same color. He does a few passes, and I watch and chat. Wait 10 minutes, check to see that we like it, and a couple more passes. Wait 10 minutes, and he applies the clear coat. This is done twice as well, for protecting the paint.

Here is how they came out.

Here is sort of a before and after.

Before:

After:

The shots were taken in the garage, thus it may seem darker than it actuall is. What will they think of next....

I like it! Looks really nice!

They look just like the pre-facelift ones.

Look closer the reverse lights are dark
    2003 Passat GLS
    AUDI wannabe!