Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M5 vs. RS6 vs. M3 CSL

Talking M5 vs. RS6 vs. M3 CSL

This is a verry nice Video of 3 verry fast cars
    http://www.bmw-drivers.de/portal.php...e_article=5818

comparison

being a new RS6 owner and an old E39 M5 owner am I to believe that the MTM RS6 cannot pull on the stock M5 from 100kph.

has anybody any reliable info or links to old threads that do the comparison of the stock to stock and RS6 stage 1 and 2 to the m5?

thanks
    shimmy

no longer looking for an RS6 Avant, got one.

Re: comparison

Originally posted by shimmy
    being a new RS6 owner and an old E39 M5 owner am I to believe that the MTM RS6 cannot pull on the stock M5 from 100kph.
    I think it very much depends on ambient temperature and how hot the RS6 is at the start of such race. RS6 gets slow when heat soaked, after few hard runs.... but when I look outside and know that for next half a year there will be snow and wet on the tamrac I'm very happy I have RS6 not M5
    Peace All

Marcin
    RS6 Avant Daytona Grey - MTM stage 2 - 508HP/700Nm

i guess that means no then.

Suprises me somewhat. I will have to find an E39 M5 this weekend which shouldnt be too difficult as I am off to the M5board Sunday Lunch so will have plenty to choose from. Maybe I need to let their tyres down a little or stick to 0-100 runs
    shimmy

Does the Avant body style decrease performance (added weight and higher drag coefficent) over the sedan?

Tom

Originally posted by Tom C
    Does the Avant body style decrease performance (added weight and higher drag coefficent) over the sedan?

Tom
    Yes but not by a significant amount.

I have have seen a movie (tribute to the RS6) on this forum, and the rs6 drove against the M5 (400hp).... It wasen't a contest... The RS6 was much faster, and i think it had Automat..

Originally posted by shimmy

I agree with Marcin - and do not forget other, very important fact - in day to day driving the size of BMW driver balls counts - they are usually much bigger in a parking lot ....

I experienced M5 recently (the new one) and at 240+ kph stock rs6+ goes away ...

backwards maybe

sorry but stock RS6+only only goes one way above 240kph to an E60M5 and that is back in the rear view mirror.

You need to check the other thread running today on this board which confirms that stage 1-2 cant keep anywhere near it and see the links to the M5Board where Gustav (mad swede) has been racing all sorts above 100mph in an E60M5 and not too much can beat it stock other than supercars.

But then you would expect that as it is 'of the moment' as a saloon and others wil catch up and maybe better in time, but that will be 2-3 years my guess.

Looks liek the new RS4 has bettered the M3 for a while.
    shimmy

Shimmy, with all due respect, BTDT recently, and although the M5 maybe a superior car in some aspects to RS6, the performance goes as I said:

very important fact - in day to day driving the size of BMW driver balls counts - they are usually much bigger in a parking lot ....
    Gustav may be an exception to general rule and I am sure that he is excellent driver. There is not too many like that though.....

oh well, the badge is not everything .....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adbmwshit[1].jpg 
Views:	1249 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	3375  

oh well, the badge is not everything .....

Peace All

Marcin
    RS6 Avant Daytona Grey - MTM stage 2 - 508HP/700Nm

Originally posted by gjg
    [B]Shimmy, with all due respect, BTDT recently, and although the M5 maybe a superior car in some aspects to RS6, the performance goes as I said:

Gustav may be an exception to general rule and I am sure that he is excellent driver. There is not too many like that though.....

oh well, the badge is not everything
    gjg

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...37883&q=m6+911

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...80506&q=m5+911

try this. I know that we all like to think ours car is the fastest especially against our piers in the saloon market however understanding what the real world believes is a god given talent and will get you far in the world.

I get on very well with my RS6 and have no problems with BMW's but then I am grown up i like to think.

Try the links above and see what Gustav got up to at the Koenigsegg test track with a whole host of cars including this tuned Porsche Turbo etc etc
    shimmy

BMW's are dog sh*t?

Amusing picture, but please - I can generate a list of flaws and bad design areas on any Audi that's as long as the list for any BMW. BTW, your comment about BMW drivers' balls being bigger in the parking lot sounds like you're yelling over the noise of your fart can exhaust to be heard. :eye:
    2010 XFR
    2004 RS6 (sold)
    2008 Exige S 240
    2009 V8 Vantage
    2008 X5 4.8i

fact of the matter is that we have turbos. so who cares........ u can only get a certon hp # out of a NA motor. then u need a supercharger or something. next something else will go. cuz most NA cars arnt built to withstand 150 bhp more then stock. especially get traction. (theres a video of the brobus mb on here geting more traction with twice the power output. dont know guys, not what i want. i want to take it to the edge not already be there in comparison to the rs6.or id buy the new vette.) the m5/6 are cool. lets not forget its a v10..... and we have a turbo v8's. the power and drivetrain can and is mostly built up already (cough trans) cuz they know u will toy with it.... but thats the problem with awd. tranfering tq. now the m5 are already haveing isues with trans and its rear wheel drive. the power can be will be easly obtained with our car. we just loose the high end for all weather drivablility. lol i think i can handle that. and wait i knew i was forgeting something....... its a turbo v8.

fact is that if u build a Na motor car and u know the others build force fed cars. u know u have to build them to a number that will contend.. contend with somthing that can be so easily altered as a turbo car.

Originally posted by SpinEcho
    B sounds like you're yelling over the noise of your fart can exhaust to be heard. :eye:
    wtf are u talking about? lol
    03 rs6 dahlback 461 awd hp 530 tq. 12.2 118 gone
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp

Originally posted by mi021le
    fact of the matter is that we have turbos. so who cares........ u can only get a certon hp # out of a NA motor.
    They will have soon turbos, too.
    A 335i with about 340bhp is already planned.
    So, we will see how audi competes with bmw in future.

cool... then BMW dont have any excuse for been slower than Audi,, or wait... maybe thy're will come with quattro too

In all movies I've seen, stock RS6 against stock E39 M5. The M5 have been beaten by the RS6, from 0 it's not even worth trying for the M5. But at higher speeds the M5 keeps up good but still, the RS6 is faster. But it's only what I've seen on movies, not in reality...

Originally posted by alex_s3
    cool... then BMW dont have any excuse for been slower than Audi,, or wait... maybe thy're will come with quattro too
    lol thats the same thing i was thinking. wonder if they will leave the na m3. lol. id laugh. audi switch to allmotor and they leave all motor.
    03 rs6 dahlback 461 awd hp 530 tq. 12.2 118 gone
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp