Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stage 1 dyno #s

stage 1 dyno #s

so on sunday the cars going up to tjm for a stage 3 upgrade and i was wondering what it would do before i send it up there. u know to graph its steps. so with this dahlback stage 1 i drove down to currys in va to there awd dyno a 30 minute drive. within 5 minutes it was being straped down. first run it the trans shifted and it layed down 322 hp and xxx tq. i then showed the guy how to use the paddles. so without turning the car off it layed down 315 hp 397 tq. kinda had open eyes after that. :bigeyes: by this time the whole shop walked in to watch. lol

so i told them to let it cool down for a minute and run it again. so we leave it for 15 mins and start it up. it lays down 367 hp and 453 tq. jumped 50 hp???

next run we waited 10 more minutes, still with the fans on it. it layed down 381 hp 452 tq.

all and all it was a fun. but definatly proves one thing....... the beasts over heat!! wow. next step is solving it. but i think if it had more to cool down between runs i bet it would go up maybe 10 more hp. then its allso a mustang dyno so its lets say 8 to 12 hp robbed right there. so all in all i see maybe 10 more awd right there. thought id give u guys a quick right up on the day. was fun, atracted ALL of the attention from the shop. the owner came in and watch and all the mechs too. but thought id post up numbers. if u think drivetrain loss it works out.

.25 / 520 = 130
    520 - 130 = 390 hp.
    Last edited by mi021le; November 9th, 2005 at 01:29.
    03 rs6 dahlback 461 awd hp 530 tq. 12.2 118 gone
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp

Re: stage 1 dyno #s

Originally posted by mi021le

all and all it was a fun. but definatly proves one thing....... the beasts over heat!! wow.
    heat soak.......
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp

.25 / 520 = 130
    520 - 130 = 390 hp. [/B]
    I can hardly understand why folks do this kind of math. That is two steps, where only 1 is required.

.75 x 520 = 390HP (.25 missing is 25% tranny loss)

Anywho..congrats on an awesome run. What rims are those? Stock? Congrats. Keep us posted on your experience with TJM.

Re: Re: stage 1 dyno #s

Originally posted by nene
    Anywho..congrats on an awesome run. What rims are those? Stock? Congrats. Keep us posted on your experience with TJM.
    mtm
    http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....4105#post54105
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp

Great dyno run!!!

I am a huge fan of the RS6. I am getting rid of my M5 within the next 4 months. I hate the new M5 body style. I have the replacement narrowed down to an E55, CL55, Maserati Gransport, 996 Turbo or RS6. But the RS6 is so appealing because of that engine, the interior room and the AWD.

I would love to take a look at your car (I love the color and the wheels) before you take it up to TJM. As you know, there aren't that many RS6's around. I work in Bethesda and live in Potomac. Please let me you know if you have any availability.

Tom

anytime man. usually work early morning, and saturday nights. just pm me when u have time im always game.

ps. it would be a good decision. not like i have a bias or anything.
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp

Originally posted by Tom C
    Great dyno run!!!

I am a huge fan of the RS6. I am getting rid of my M5 within the next 4 months. I hate the new M5 body style. I have the replacement narrowed down to an E55, CL55, Maserati Gransport, 996 Turbo or RS6. But the RS6 is so appealing because of that engine, the interior room and the AWD.

I would love to take a look at your car (I love the color and the wheels) before you take it up to TJM. As you know, there aren't that many RS6's around. I work in Bethesda and live in Potomac. Please let me you know if you have any availability.

Tom
    Tom,
    there is a guy here his name is David Sestak he has a Misano RS6 with 4k miles, talk to him he is in Ohio.
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

I still have to get my beast dynoed, I am itching to see what she will put to the ground with all the things on it.

mi021le

Impressive numbers on your beast, cant wait for the stage 2 report. What all do they (tjm) do for the stage 2 upgrade?

Bajo

Originally posted by Bajors6
    What all do they (tjm) do for the stage 2 upgrade?
    "UPGRADED HORSEPOWER 550 BHP
    UPGRADED TORQUE 540 LB-FT
    UPGRADES SOFTWARE, AIR INTAKE SYSTEM, S.S. EXHAUST TURBO-BACK, RACE CATS, FUEL PUMP, REGULATOR "

same give or take as u did. i cant wait to see. sunday i drive it up there with my mech. but i want to get more done. like a trans and oil cooler just to be on the safe side. we will see. atleast i can upgrade the cold plumming. still a little up in the air. i need to finalize it soon.
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp

Thanks for the info, yeah sounds like what I have except the "air intake". What is it they do exactly, a cold air intake kit is available for these engine's? I hope it is because that Audi air box is a PITA to put back once taken off when you do the exhaust system.
    Anyway good luck with your project, they sure are diff. animals after the tuning arent they, the harder I drive it the harder they pull, at least thats what it seems like to me.

Bajo

wow these cars keep on surprising. took on a z06 today. just a quick pull. and he jumped by a car and a half and was realed in. have it on video. all computer generated ofcourse. but it was taken by a video phone. i didnt know that a stage one would pull so hard and only pick up speed on a 02 405 hp 3400(?) pound z06.

ps.... heard we are supose to dyno the rs6 in 4th.. has anyone else dynoed theres? or heard this. i know sticks are 3rd and thats the only trans ive ever dynoed.
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp

wow these cars keep on surprising. took on a z06 today. just a quick pull. and he jumped by a car and a half and was realed in. have it on video. all computer generated ofcourse. but it was taken by a video phone. i didnt know that a stage one would pull so hard and only pick up speed on a 02 405 hp 3400(?) pound z06.

ps.... heard we are supose to dyno the rs6 in 4th.. has anyone else dynoed theres? or heard this. i know sticks are 3rd and thats the only trans ive ever dynoed.
    At what speeds did you race?
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

60-70 and up to around 100. he cut me off so just went up behind him till i had to slow down nomater what. then brakes and flashed.
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp

all and all it was a fun. but definatly proves one thing....... the beasts over heat!!
    Nice numbers.

The Beasts really love cold air. The colder the better. Winter time is coming!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Benman you should come to the east coast. Its already in the 40s. I promise you will think that someone hooked up a 150 shot of nitrous. And when its below 30 its even faster
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

Originally posted by nyrs6
    Benman you should come to the east coast. Its already in the 40s. I promise you will think that someone hooked up a 150 shot of nitrous. And when its below 30 its even faster
    LOL, about the NOS, but it is true,

This AM it was 29 degrees and the beast was just raring to GOOOOO !
    Thank God for cold weather.

Bajo

Originally posted by nyrs6
    Benman you should come to the east coast. Its already in the 40s.
    Born in North Philly, so I'm familiar with the weather.

Right now, it's in the 60's.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

ya, was 38 this morning in dc. but it was 5 am. that is when they are the most fun to drive.
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp