Thread: Got rear ended and the hitter tried to run

Got rear ended and the hitter tried to run

OMG....I just can't belive this happened to me.
    I got rear ended at the stop sign on campus.
    Campus safety was right infront of me and watcehd what happened. He told us to move the cars to parking lot so we don't block the traffic. I went into parking lot first and the hitter just kept going. :MTM:

I didn't even have time to look at the rear bumper, but I was pretty sure it wasn't going to be cheap. Hell no..i ain't gonna pay that. Campus safety was on the other side not knowing what just happened. I ended up chasing him. He made a right turn at the light, but I couldn't follow him because there were 3-4 cars infront of me. I waited about 10seconds until the light turned green...it felt like 100000 years.
    I made a right turn at the light, but couldn't see him. He probably wet WOT right after he made the right turn. There were 5-6 cars ahead of me blocking the way.
    I ended up crossing over the yellow lane since there were no cars. It was a stright road so I could see if there were cars coming toward me from a long distance.
    I finally caught up to him and brake infront of him.
    I asked the hitter why he just took off...
    He answered he didn't hear campus safety tell us to move the cars to parking lot, and since it seemed like i just took off..i decided to take off too. What and IDIOT making that kind of stupid excuse.
    We decided to go through insurance. My rear bumper didn't look too bad, but it needs a replacement.
    As long as i get a replacement, a new OEM bumper, I am okay with that, but I just hate to see my beast parked in parking lot with damaged rear bumper.

well...I guess the hitter thought he could escape from rs6 with chip+tip chip+catback exhaust+diverter valve, but only in his dream

some people just dont know any better ...

if you have the parking sensors they may be damaged even if the bumper looks ok ......

Re: Got rear ended and the hitter tried to run

Originally posted by jgun81

well...I guess the hitter thought he could escape from rs6 with chip+tip chip+catback exhaust+diverter valve, but only in his dream
    Well that totally blows chunks. Typical lack of respect for others property. And lame excuse to boot. Luckily for you, you did have an RS 6. If it was a base model Jetta diesel, he'd be long gone.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

I had my new a6 hit at work it's cost me 1,800 for the damage i still got her trough the cctv imagin system lol she didnt get away either(mine was a hit and run aswell).Lol jgun81 lucky you had the beast with you that time

sam

Hey, you need to see a doctor....he hit you from behind.....whiplash baby.....

LOL

post some pics......

Mike:MTM:

Mike, he should see a friendly shark first ..

No, No, NO....

You have to see the Doctor to document the injury BEFORE the date that you speak with an Attorney.

Otherwise, the trip to the Doc is at the suggestion of Councel and that gets picked apart in court.

Mike

LOL

:cool2:

jgun81, I got rear ended back in June, beware the initial thought of little damage, mine ended up at greater than $5000. Seems the whole trunk pan had to be replaced along with the exhausts - the guy who hit me did NOT run - he told me he admired my car.....

I am glad it worked out OK for you - other than the damage to your car

Whiplash

If you got hit hard enough to lose your bumper, you will feel it in in your neck by the next day or two, guaranteed!
    Wang

Stepping Stones:
    '04 H1 HMCS
    '06 BMW E60 M5 Silverstone II
    ---------------------------------
    Long gone:
    '03 RS6 Mugello Blue
    '04 Audi A8L #9374 Atlas Gray
    '03 BMW M5 Carbon Black
    '00 BMW 528i Sport
    04 GT3 Speed Yellow
    '00 VW GTI VR6 Flash Red
    '00 VW Cabrio White
    '96 Chevy Camaro Z-28 Black Procharger
    '97 VW GTI VR6 Black
    '94 Chevy Camaro Z-28 Arctic White

Actually, I didn't lose the bumper. Bumper just needs to be repalinted. But the lower panel is cracked which needs to be replaced. My right side miltek muffler tip has minor scratches, but hopefully they can be buffed out. Otherwise, I will have to order a new tip.
    Everything else is fine including the parking sensor and my neck.
    I would have gone through police or court if I had time. I am leaving the country and shipping my car in 2 weeks.
    That means your RS6s become little bit more rare in the USA.