Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Benman's not going to like me very much:^)

Registered User 5000S old skool's Avatar
    Danbury, CT... overrun by japanese rice tuners
    I think when the Q7 comes out they will put the Q7's 4.2 FSI in the S4, which is the more torquey version of the 4.2 FSI...

I guess if you're into Audis that much then I wish you the best on your project for a track car, but I will agree that starting with a different vehicle would be much more logical for a mainly track car.

Re: Re: Re: Benman's not going to like me very much:^)

Originally posted by SoCal
    ...I saw a gray RS6 today in LA near the Farmers Market with no plates. Tell me it wasn't yours...
    When you see a blue one w/no plates, that'll be me.......3 years and counting

Originally posted by CarbonFibre
    I guess if you're into Audis that much then I wish you the best on your project for a track car, but I will agree that starting with a different vehicle would be much more logical for a mainly track car.
    Logically, I agree. But then, the RS 6 isn't really a logical car to begin with (why get a four door that fast when an Accord can easily exceed the speed limit ). For that matter, no Audi is. Buy a Subaru, much cheaper and still four wheel drive.

It's for the love of it.

Originally posted by gmbh6
    Sweet, you have me beat. But then, how is it three years and counting when you haven't even had the Beast that long?

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Benman's not going to like me very much:^)

Originally posted by gmbh6
    I'll keep my eyes out for another blue one...like mine. Give a waive.

Ben, as for your B5 S4 with STaSIS mods, that's gonna rock. I got to go for a couple of rides at Sears Point last year in STaSIS engineered cars and, well...wow! Rock solid, great exhaust note, firmly planted on turns and super acceleration. Sure there are lots of sports cars out there that would be lighter and more pure (my RX-7 for one), and could still go on the street when its not a track day, but for an Audi fan your combination is a winning ticket. And lots of bang for the bucks.

Now, once you get started with the mods, good luck stopping. It's like crack. Always a new tweak to try.
    SoCal

Current: S6 (2007), A3 2.0T (2008), RX-7 (1995)

Previous Audi: RS6 (2003)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Benman's not going to like me very much:^)

Originally posted by SoCal

Now, once you get started with the mods, good luck stopping. It's like crack. Always a new tweak to try.
    And that's what my wife is afraid of...

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

SoCal -

Thanks, the car is a blast... just put some Revolver cams in it. We need to have GIAC burn a new chip for it as the cams are very agressive. Car works fine and produces more power.... but there is some left on the table.

signed the CRACK ADDICT
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

oops.... maybe you meant Benman.... sorry my name (first) is Ben as well
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Re: Re: Re: Re: Benman's not going to like me very much:^)

Hey don't let my DRC failure RANT scare you away from an RS6....it's a great car and MINE WILL BE FIXED.

I am learning more on the system daily and hope to have complete schematic soon.

I think they left AIR in the shocks and believe they must be removed, inverted, vented and refilled!

Mike

Originally posted by Benman
    Yep, there is no possible way I could part with my Beast! Only two possible things would ever temp me to sell.

One: If, like HyOctane and Aronis, I experienced constant problems.

Two: Big accident

Other than those two things, I'll have the car forever.

So yeah, getting a used 00' or 01' S4 and using that for track duties. Will have to stay stock for awhile, but over time as I save up some dough, I'll go the Stassis route (Darn you Bauer ).

No, sure wasn't me in LA that day. Haven't been in LA since the Auto Show. Cool to hear I'm not the only plateless Daytona Grey though! Now I can deny any accusations! (it wasn't me... it was the LA guy! ).

Ben

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Benman's not going to like me very much:^)

Originally posted by Aronis
    I am learning more on the system daily and hope to have complete schematic soon.
    You mean this?
    http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/RS6COM-Selfstudy.pdf
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Benman's not going to like me very much:^)

Originally posted by Erik
    You mean this?
    http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/RS6COM-Selfstudy.pdf
    Ja, aber auf Englisch bitte

Mike,

Not "scared" away from the Far from it! I my and plan on keeping mine for years to come. That is in fact part of my reason for going the B5 S4 route for a track car. I really won't mind "beating" it around a track like I do with my $80K+ Beast. Besides the fact that the B5 S4 is several hundred lbs lighter and therefor a better platform to use.

Also, down the road (as $$$ becomes available) serious mods will go into it, whereas with the Beast, I've been primarily concerned about the voided warranty issues. Time will tell, but needless to say, Bauer has me hooked (Jimmy tried to warn me ).

I'm hoping I'll get to see his "track" car in action at the end of this month!

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Benman's not going to like me very much:^)

Originally posted by Benman
    Ja, aber auf Englisch bitte
    Zee dravingz fill bi ze zame.

btw, everyone's got to see this again
    http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....ghlight=german

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Originally posted by Bauer
    oops.... maybe you meant Benman.... sorry my name (first) is Ben as well
    Ben Bauer,

Yes, my last post was meant for Benman, but my thanks go to you, if I recall correctly, for one of the best rides ever when I was at Sears Point for the Audi Club event there last fall. That was you in the STaSIS car, right? Outta sight.

SoCal

Current: S6 (2007), A3 2.0T (2008), RX-7 (1995)

Previous Audi: RS6 (2003)

OK Bauer, so here it is.... The Red Baron!

BTW, very first mod: Took off front lincense plate (shaving a whopping 1.25lbs of front weight! :trash: ).

PS, young one wanted to be in the pic, couldn't make her get out of the way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dynamic duo.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	3754  
    Ron Paul Fan

Nice collection of rides! Next mod I can see is the RS4 grill for the S4........ Maybe shave off another pound or two.

Originally posted by Audihead
    Nice collection of rides! Next mod I can see is the RS4 grill for the S4........ Maybe shave off another pound or two.

Just finished second "mod", put in lightweight, higher charge Odyssey Battery. Shaves 14lbs off of stock.

More mods come this Monday, Flywheel, ceramic clutch, H-Sport complete, mounts... should net another 15-20 lbs.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

How long of a wait for the Vast stuff?

Originally posted by Audihead
    How long of a wait for the Vast stuff?
    Not long at all, in fact Fed Ex should be showing up at my shop any time now (21st delivery). So we should be all set for the Monday install and then Tuesday is alignment and RBF600 brake fluid. Cutting it real close considering I will only have 3 days to break in the clutch (500+ miles) before the track event. No problems, I to !

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan