Thread: Honda Copies Audi A4

Honda Copies Audi A4

http://forums.audiworld.com/blog/msgs/134.phtml

This is so pathetic, its ok to maybe copy a little bit, but this..... Take a look for yourself...

I must say that this is very low from Honda...beside it looks like 5h1t... Honda

This is why I don't go to audiworld. They are NEVER happy. When the B7 "makeover" first happened, there were a lot of people complaining that the B7 taillights looked like the OLD Civic's!!!

Now the new Civic tailights are being bagged on for "copying" the B7! What the heck?!? When will these people finally be happy?

I mean, what IS worse? When a luxury mark copies a econo car (like they were saying the B7 did WITH the Civic, or better yet, when the new 5 series put a freaking Kia Rio deaklid and taillights on THEIR car) or when the econo car tries to go upscale?

For me, I just think the Civic looks better now, after all, now it looks like an Audi.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

I'd have to say, the taillights on that civic are a little too similar to the A4....

But it looks good on either car!

Mike

Originally posted by Aronis
    I'd have to say, the taillights on that civic are a little too similar to the A4....
    I agree, but that's why it now looks good.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Yes, agreed, but usually there are similarities, not use of the same plastic mold!!!

Mike

Originally posted by Aronis
    Yes, agreed, but usually there are similarities, not use of the same plastic mold!!!

Mike
    , but Mike, maybe Audi gave them a discount?
    Ron Paul Fan

Registered User 5000S old skool's Avatar
    Danbury, CT... overrun by japanese rice tuners
    I bet no one would be complaining if Ferrari put put the B7 tailights on the F430...

Originally posted by 5000S old skool
    I bet no one would be complaining if Ferrari put put the B7 tailights on the F430...
    Yeah, no kidding. Then it would be, "Look, Audi is cool enough for Ferrari to copy!"

Just view it as a form of flattery.

Ben

BTW, if you look at the previous bodystyle Civic taillight vs the new, all they did was cut out the white back up light area to make the Audi look. So really not that much of a copy afterall.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

just remember, its a honda, nuf said.

honda = tin can

I know, I owned 4 of them.....

vw/audi all the way

Just so happened I saw a new Honda Civic at the PDI center today (Civic is not launched here yet). Had a chance to sit inside and look at it somewhat thoroughly. I have to admit the car LOOKS much more advance than most equivalent cars on the road let alone luxury brands' cars. The interior instruments seem quite advance and the driving position very natural.

I reckon it's a nice and bold move for Honda to have stepped up and actually make the Civic cooler and much more attractive than before (albeit some design cues similar to Audi and perhaps other brands). However the overall package does look very unique and better in 'person' than what pictures suggest.
    Last edited by krm; December 22nd, 2005 at 16:38.

Originally posted by krm
    Had a chance to sit inside and look at it somewhat thoroughly. I have to admit the car LOOKS much more advance than most equivalent cars on the road let alone luxury brands' cars. The interior instruments seem quite advance and the driving position very natural.

I reckon it's a nice and bold move for Honda to have stepped up and actually make the Civic cooler and much more attractive than before.
    I agree, the car is very good for what it is. I was impressed.

Originally posted by kojack
    I know, I owned 4 of them.....
    I've only owned 3, so you have me there.

Hondas are what they are, transportation. My 00' V6 Accord has served me well for a commuter. I've put 150,000 miles on it in the last 5 years, and with the exception of a new battery and alternator, I've had ZERO problems.

I think of it as the mule that does all the yard work, and the RS 6 is the stallion that I take out to the open pastures!

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

the audi looks better much better but it is very low from honda

Yes benman, they are good transportation, but not what I am looking for in a car, I want a solid built european car, my passat fits the bill.....

my honda list is actually 5 cars,

I had a 1996 civic hatch put 120k on it
    then I got a 2000 integra that had 80k on it 2 years of ownership and put away in the winter, my 2 winter beaters were a 1989 prelude si with 280k on it, it went down to a broken timing belt on the way to my friends to put a new one on and a 1992 accord ex, still running with over 300k on it....

also I had a 2001 TL, nice car but was not built like a european sedan...never had that solid feel....

vw/audi group has their cars nailed....I love them even the jetta/golfs are awsome....im hooked for life now....

I think im going to look for a used b7 S4 in a couple of years.....till then I will keep my passat which I love to drive even after 2 years of ownership....
    2003 Passat GLS
    AUDI wannabe!

Originally posted by kojack

I think im going to look for a used b7 S4 in a couple of years.....till then I will keep my passat which I love to drive even after 2 years of ownership....
    Me, I'll be looking for a B5 S4 soon...

Ben Dang, Audi resale SUCKS!!! Great for when I'm ready for that S4. Bad for the owner!
    Ron Paul Fan