Thread: Is this guy for real?? (A4 B7 Avant review)

Atlanta, Georgia and Ramat-Hasharon,Israel

Question Is this guy for real?? (A4 B7 Avant review)

found it in AudiWorld site in the A4 B7 forum...

Click here to see review

"Audi is the obsessive compulsive car lover’s last redoubt. The days when OCD enthusiasts could wile away the hours playing with a Mercedes, BMW or Volkswagen glovebox — watching the lid open like a time-lapse flower and thunk shut with the finality of a prison door — are long gone. (Lexus also satisfied these strange urges— before they started rebadging Toyotas.) Today, Ingolstadt makes then only vehicles hewn from a single cliché (something to do with German build quality and lumps of metal). For that reason alone, the Audi A4 Avant is worth the price of admission.

Literally. Interior quality is the single best, if not the only reason to fork-out 40G’s on a station wagon with rear seats so cramped they make passengers envy a dead fish in a sardine can; a car with such cliff face depreciation you lose money just looking at it. Hey, if aesthetic quintessence, soft touch nirvana and orgasmic olfaction floats your boat, I’m not going to judge you for buying this vehicle on that basis. I promise I won’t say anything that’ll get in the way of your cabin fever. Oh wait, I already did. Did I mention questionable reliability? No? OK, then I won’t.

The rest of you might be wondering how this A4 Avant thing drives. Well, it may look like all those wonderfully stodgy cars BMW made before that evil Mr. Bangle attacked them with his flame surfacer, but it ain’t no BMW. For some reason, Audi has decided that all its products should appeal to elderly people whose muscles have withered with age. How else can you explain the fact that all the Avant’s major controls feel lighter than Nicole Richie (born slightly heavier as Nicole Camilla Escovedo)? As drivers who’ve previously sampled sedans from Audi’s four ring circus would expect, the Avant’s steering is the worst offender. Scratch a mosquito bite and you’ll be driving off-road before you can say “ahhh.”

With Audi’s superb Quattro system underneath and a supernatural ESP handling Nanny proving the necessary tut-tutting, you can just keep on going. Fast. Our test car holstered Audi’s direct injection, two-liter, four-cylinder turbo (a picture of which replaces steroidal sprinter Ben Johnson in Wikipedia’s entry for “peppy”). Below 3500rpm, you’d think you were motoring along in a nice, normal, pleasant sort of car. When the 200hp powerplant’s turbos kick in, your mind immediately turns to tuning chips, sports suspension, low-profile tires, performance exhausts and speeding tickets. Well, mine does.

Again, the A4 Avant lacks the haptic heft to make proper use of all that urge — other than when you’re steaming up a highway onramp, passing slower traffic, heading for Starbucks, late for the school run, hanging the tail out in a snow covered parking lot, racing a Honda Accord for pinks or… Cancel that. Let’s just say driving an A4 Avant is a less visceral experience than a sporting driver would desire.

So where does that leave us, aside from hankering for a week in an Audi RS4, knowing that this review makes that a virtual impossibility? Let’s just say that the Audi A4 is an elegantly designed, superbly constructed, perfectly comfortable, smooth riding, fast moving, dubiously pricey load lugger for small people with small children and small stuff. How tall is that Monk guy anyway? [by Robert Farago]"
    :thumb: Buckle Up and Enjoy The Ride.

I don't get your point -> what do you mean with "is this guy real"

I think it was quite funny. At least the guy has humor.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

contrived and overwrought

what an idiotic review. it reads like a inspired diary entry whose focus is to make the writer feel good.

what a moron.

Re: Is this guy for real?? (A4 B7 Avant review)

Originally posted by RS4Ever

Literally. Interior quality is the single best, if not the only reason to fork-out 40G’s on a station wagon with rear seats so cramped they make passengers envy a dead fish in a sardine can; a car with such cliff face depreciation you lose money just looking at it. Hey, if aesthetic quintessence, soft touch nirvana and orgasmic olfaction floats your boat, I’m not going to judge you for buying this vehicle on that basis. I promise I won’t say anything that’ll get in the way of your cabin fever. Oh wait, I already did. Did I mention questionable reliability? No? OK, then I won’t.

For some reason, Audi has decided that all its products should appeal to elderly people whose muscles have withered with age. How else can you explain the fact that all the Avant’s major controls feel lighter than Nicole Richie (born slightly heavier as Nicole Camilla Escovedo)?

Let’s just say that the Audi A4 is an elegantly designed, superbly constructed, perfectly comfortable, smooth riding, fast moving, dubiously pricey load lugger for small people with small children and small stuff. How tall is that Monk guy anyway? [by Robert Farago]"
    Dang, that was funny! .

Well, as you may of noticed, Nordschleife has been long absent from these boards. Reason is he has taken up a career in and is now a professional car journalist, and his real name is Robert Fargo! :trash:

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Ben, I just ROTFF ....

Atlanta, Georgia and Ramat-Hasharon,Israel

Re: Re: Is this guy for real?? (A4 B7 Avant review)

Originally posted by Benman
    Dang, that was funny! .

Well, as you may of noticed, Nordschleife has been long absent from these boards. Reason is he has taken up a career in and is now a professional car journalist, and his real name is Robert Fargo! :trash:

Ben

hehe.
    :thumb: Buckle Up and Enjoy The Ride.

He seemed to have enjoyed it. Lack of reliability is something most US car journalists seem to pick on but I honestly don't see where that comes from. (Are they STILL on about the self-acceleration? Give it up already!)

Somebody must be fiddling with the settings before it reaches US waters because I haven't heard a peep about unreliable Audis (or VW's for that matter) on it's continent of origin.

Re: Re: Is this guy for real?? (A4 B7 Avant review)

Originally posted by Benman
    Well, as you may of noticed, Nordschleife has been long absent from these boards. Reason is he has taken up a career in and is now a professional car journalist, and his real name is Robert Fargo!: [/B]
    Is that true? I thought his real name was something else... I've got to say, I miss his scathing sarcasm and info.
    2007 997 GT3 Carrera White
    2009 Mercedes E63 Wagon, Black/Black
    2009 Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Rosso Corsa

Sold:
    2003 RS6 Ebony Pearl, Black Interior, NAV, Exhaust, XM Radio.
    2005 Maserati Quattroporte, Sport Package, Nero Carbonio, Cuolo Sella Seats.
    2006 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Re: Re: Re: Is this guy for real?? (A4 B7 Avant review)

Originally posted by bilbozilla
    Is that true? I thought his real name was something else... I've got to say, I miss his scathing sarcasm and info.
    Nah... I was just playing around. The real Nordschleife's name is Robin S. and lives in Germany.

And yeah, I miss his "tell it like it is" attitude as well. I know he travels a LOT, so that might explain his extended leave of absence.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Nordschleife come back! We miss you!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail