Thread: Just how long can you strecth the launch of a new model?

Just how long can you strecth the launch of a new model?

Just when is the new RS4 going to arrive?

First we were told September. September quickly became October and then we were told that the Avant would arrive until January.

Then the launch of the Sedan slipped to November and now it's looking like January. Meanwhile, the Avant was slated for March. But it won't even appear at Geneva until then and the launch is now penciled in for April. Hopefully it will arrive in June.

I am boiling mad about this, because I need to change my car now, not in 6 or 9 months time. And I don't want an S4.

I am sorely tempted by the A6 Avant 4.2 litre V8. But whatever I buy, I'm still hankering after an RS4.

The car is clearly living up to its expectations. Early tests suggest that it'll be worth the wait.

Re: Just how long can you strecth the launch of a new model?

Originally posted by tailpipe
    Just when is the new RS4 going to arrive?

First we were told September. September quickly became October and then we were told that the Avant would arrive until January.

Then the launch of the Sedan slipped to November and now it's looking like January.

I am boiling mad about this...

The car is clearly living up to its expectations. Early tests suggest that it'll be worth the wait.
    Good question.

Again, to all those in the US that are waiting, do not believe the dealers who tell you March/April. As tailpipe is finding out, the car is "late" for those who promised it early, but is right on schedule for the those who have spoke direct to quattro GmbH workers.

For us in the US, I would really, really be suprised if indeed the RS 4 shows up on our side of the shores before June/July. Not trying to say I told you so or to bum you out, just trying to let you know to hang in there. It will come.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Anyone in Europe outside UK, know when the RS4 is scheduled for delivery? Shouldn't it be soon? Weren't European customers supposed to get theirs b/f the British?

Now, when the hell is my car getting here?

That late? I had heard one person that said their car was supposed to arrive in january...but my dealer told me late spring. Is it really going to be more like early summer?
    http://www.switchcars.com

Originally posted by switchcars
    That late? I had heard one person that said their car was supposed to arrive in january...but my dealer told me late spring. Is it really going to be more like early summer?
    Remember, June IS "late" spring...

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

aah yes, that's dealers for you. Forgot about that.
    http://www.switchcars.com

Uk RS4 Saloons now not due until March..
    Audi Q7 4.2tdi S-line quattro

Hi,

I had a conversation with my dealer yesterday about this, he said that he had just come back from Germany and that Audi were saying 1st quarter next year although even then that wasn't confirmed. The dealer did say he 'felt' that February would be likely although if this was the case you might as well wait until March and get it registerred on a new plate.

He did say also he expects to have some more info next week and will be sending out a letter accordingly to keep people up to date

One positive thought about these delays, could this mean that with the ever shortening manufacturing window that there will be less RS4's made than originally intended

Paul B

Originally posted by Dave
    Ouch!

Originally posted by Dave
    oh.. and the reason i know.. I have one on order!

Hi,

Just after making my last post I had a phone call from Audi Whitehouse Bexley, he had been speaking to Audi Uk today, they said almost certainly not before March now, they want to do more testing on UK roads by all accounts. What he did say and I am not sure if this applies to all RS4 buyers is that Audi UK will be offering a sweetener in the form of an RS4 track day free of charge, should have more details soon

Paul

Paul,

exactly what was said to me today..
    see you at silverstone

It's March delivery for the RS4 Sedan now is it? I can't believe it.

And what about the Avant? It's nowhere to be seen. In fact, my dealer who originally said June 2006 at the earliest has stopped guessing.

Should we conclude that there is some problem that we haven't been told about? My guess is this: fuel consumption is so savage and the fuel tank so small that the effective range of the car is pitiful. As a result, Audi may be trying to engineer a larger fuel tank. One thing is for sure, the packaging on the B7 A4 isn't great.

Paul B you make a good point about the shortening manufacturing window and total production numbers being reduced. There will come a point where the production run will hardly be worth the investment.

The PL47 platform is well underway and an RS4 spec version of its first iteration: the A4/ A5 coupe could actually supplant the new RS4 relatively quickly. This is pure speculation on my part, but is what I'd advise them to do.

Tailpipe, I must admit if the A5 coupe with the RS4 engine was to become available late next year then I would be inclined to hold on that bit longer and go for that instead.

Do we know if the delays are Europe wide or is it a UK problem. I did ask my dealer what the hold up was, but all he could tell me was that they want to get the car right for the UK market, he didnt admit to there being any problems.

I have t he "official" production schedule in my hands for the USA

The RS4 is scheduled for start of production (usa) in January 2006

If you want one orders will start in october so you might want to get the deposit in asap

if SOP is 1/2006 then dealer delivery is about 3 months after

Look for it at LA Auto show or Chicago next year

Also the S6 SOP starts 7/2006 with a v10 420 hp
    and the S8 has the same engine with a v10 450 hp 9/2006

Will they bring the S6 Avant to US again?

no avant
    and thank god we never could sell the old avants in the past
    the rs is 1/27/2006 production start
    order guides arive 10/2006 and port release on 3/24/2006 (at dealer next day)

Originally posted by germancarfan

I have t he "official" production schedule in my hands for the USA

The RS4 is scheduled for start of production (usa) in January 2006

If you want one orders will start in october so you might want to get the deposit in asap

if SOP is 1/2006 then dealer delivery is about 3 months after

Look for it at LA Auto show or Chicago next year
    These dates for the U.S. were just confirmed by my dealer from their own paperwork. Instead of L.A. or Chicago look for it at the Detroit Auto Show. It is after all the home of the North American HQ for VW/Audi. Just 7 little miles from my home. Food for thought.