Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Many Miles?

How Many Miles?

It's hard to believe but tomorrow, July 15th, is my two year anniversary with the Beast! Remember the excitement of picking it up after, in my case, a 14 month wait from deposit to delivery??? I still chuckle to myself everytime I fire it up - that sound is totally awesome and so un-Audi-like. LOL

Anyways, I thought this would be an interesting time to check in and see how long you've had your Beast (in months), how many miles you've racked up, any encounters with the Law, and any other comments on your ownership. So here goes:

24 months
    31,100 miles
    1 Speeding ticket
    Extremely happy with the car, no significant problems,
    great service from Langan Audi, and greatly appreciate the
    commraderie & knowledge on this board (thanks Erik &
    everyone)

Finnus

2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

OK, here goes

23.1 months
    42, 200 mi
    Tickets? What tickets?
    No significant problems? I wish! But search for comparable car during each downtime incident resulted in conclusion that with 4 doors, good back seat, 450 hp and AWD, there is nothing to compare.
    Dealers in FL and MI have been good. Audi's poor Europe-to-US communication caused one 30 day downtime, but resulting memo should avoid a repeat for others.

Overall -- not an easy road for me with the downtime, but it's been running great for months & may be my "forever" car if it behaves itself!

One of the biggest pleasures -- with so much useful info as well as a place to vent productively -- has been this board. Thank you Erik & Co.!

Welcome back Bob. We've missed you around here.

24 months
    26K miles
    0 tix / 0 warnings (knocking on self wooden head)
    Couldn't be happier. Worth every penny I've paid for. Just love this board. Props to the Big Daddy Mod and all you fellas!

13 months
    15,000 miles
    No Tickets
    Car has malfunctioned since first month of ownership and has been in the shop for the same problem now at least 8 times. I have yet to feel this car work the way it is supposed to.. cant wait to feel full power.. The good news is that we think we have found the culprit. It is looking like the cause of my engine problems might not actually be the engine.. Audi has sent one of their top dogs to work on my car and he has found some readings that suggest it might be the transmission that is overheating for some reason to be determined .. the oil gets too hot in the tranny under normal use and the TCU is telling the ECU to cut power to protect the tranny. This explains why the boost would cut out even tho the temps were normal.. Up until now we have been focusing on the motor.. it looks like it may have been the trans all along.. They still are evaluating and deciding what to do.. but at least we have finally identfied the culprit.. now fixing it is another story.. The main relief here is that the Audi people I have been dealing with now know I'm not crazy and the expert described exactly the symptoms he felt after driving it just like I explained to my SM. I am vindicated..
    More later..

Re: How Many Miles?

Originally posted by Finnus
    It's hard to believe but tomorrow, July 15th, is my two year anniversary with the Beast!

Extremely happy with the car, no significant problems,
    great service from Langan Audi, and greatly appreciate the
    commraderie & knowledge on this board (thanks Erik &
    everyone)

Finnus

Great idea!

Aug 22nd is mine.

So far:

27,850 miles

No tickets! (my beautiful wife was with me the ONLY time I got pulled over in the Beast, and therefor Mr. Office let me off with a warning, saying, "slow down and keep this pretty lady safe".

Had GREAT service at Advantage Audi (but no longer a dealer) and now have good service at Walter's Audi (personel is great, just not the dealer).

Also like Finnus, no real issues (lucky so far) and absolutely LOVE this car. Like JAX, as long as no big issues come up (or big crash), I see myself keeping this thing for a LONG time.

HyOctane, your experience is SO unfair. I really do hope this is the LAST time you have problems with your Beast, it's meant to be ENJOYED, not driven over and over to the dealer.

Ben
    And of course, a thanks also to Erik and the mods!
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

14 months (purchased new May 04)
    3 week layover due replacement of faulty wiring harness, otherwise this car is everything I could have wished for ... and more. Didn't take me long to decide to buy an extended warranty - this car is a keeper!
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Picked up my second rs6 (+) on August 30 last year. In 10 months racked up about 30k km (18700 miles), no problems outside of:

1. fuel tank being too small specially on the bahn

2. dealer customer service purely sucks - not the actual mechanics but the sales and customer care. I would fire everyone in this place outside of mechanics.

If you guys in US think you have a problem with AoA, rest assured that Audi in general does not discriminate, they treat everyone the same. Factory (Quattro GmbH) customer service is different animal thiough - one can only wish they would train the dealer chain in proper way how to treat customers.

Happy with the car, specially the low key appearance of Avant (had to mention that for NA markets ..... ) and not to forget the real Recaro seats (Ben can testify to that one)

Tickets? What tickets?
    you mean the monthly fee we pay in addition to the road tax? Oh yeah, just don't mention that in front of my management ....

18 months

35, 600 miles

out ran troopers twice, no ticket

1 ticket but going to court to fight it

snapped drive-shaft clean in half at 191 mph

car goes into dealer Tuesday due to cylinder #4 misfiring

love the car, but I think a Porsche will be next car
    Dark Knight

"See God, then brake."
    - Kevin Schwantz, 500GP World Champion
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    RS6 Goodwood Green
    S4 Triple Black Cab
    350Z Nismo . . . gone
    Boxster . . . gones
    CBR1000F, 900RR, ZX7R, ZX6R, GSX-R600 . . . gone

Originally posted by gjg
    (Ben can testify to that one)

Can also testify to George's "driving style".

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Correction!!

Just stopped by the shop.. The tranny was not the problem.. Cause is still unknown.. They have absolutely no idea whats wrong with this car..

Oh well..

24 months 47k miles, two sets of front discs, one set of rears, lumbar support failure on drivers seat, fuel gauge sender defective.

Great customer service from my dealer in the UK, here's to the next 47k!

20 months 7.624 miles

Originally posted by khoren
    20 months 7.624 miles: rs6kiss:
    Get out there and DRIVE!
    Ron Paul Fan

Over 2 years, 20Kmiles....

absolutely no issues, babied ever since new, going on first group drive tomorrow. Very happy with the car, very special and unique in the U.S. and excites those in the know, from moto riders to rice burners.
    Wang

Stepping Stones:
    '04 H1 HMCS
    '06 BMW E60 M5 Silverstone II
    ---------------------------------
    Long gone:
    '03 RS6 Mugello Blue
    '04 Audi A8L #9374 Atlas Gray
    '03 BMW M5 Carbon Black
    '00 BMW 528i Sport
    04 GT3 Speed Yellow
    '00 VW GTI VR6 Flash Red
    '00 VW Cabrio White
    '96 Chevy Camaro Z-28 Black Procharger
    '97 VW GTI VR6 Black
    '94 Chevy Camaro Z-28 Arctic White

21 months, 12,700 miles, obviously not the daily driver

No tickets, still on the original set of tires, but they are kinda noisy at this point. Dealer tech says they are slightly cupped, says is not uncommon with Dunlops and Continentals, says the Pirellis and Michelins seem to be better (for what that's worth).

Only problem I've ever had with the car is a bad sunroof switch (went intermittent, dealer replaced it quickly.

Like many others here, I really like this car, but wish it had a manual tranny option. The "walk softly and carry a big stick" aspect of it is part of the appeal, and yet people that know cars generally have a certain reverence for it. I could whine about the usual things, like we didn't get the Recaro's or the tire pressure sensors in the US, but it is still a great car and it still thrills me every time I start it up.

Originally posted by quattroboy
    I could whine about the usual things, like we didn't get the Recaro's or the tire pressure sensors in the US, but it is still a great car and it still thrills me every time I start it up.
    And THAT'S the point! (although ones like HyOctane's circumstances are different ).

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Originally posted by Benman

Can also testify to George's "driving style".
    yeah ... white knuckle copilot ......