Thread: Audi A4 DTM Edition

Audi A4 DTM Edition

Audi A4 DTM Edition can someone give me information about this car shuld i buy it. is it worth it i like the car.Don't now how much it will cost in sweden i will also like to se pictures if somone could show me new pic i hope erik say something Thanks

3 Pics.

wfg, Hans.

It's going to be from 375.000 SEK

There are some nice carbon fibre details on the car.

Read all about it in the latest Auto Motor Sport.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

thanks iceman and erik

Audi say it's a great car to own with quite alot of beef on it

sam

I guess by now you are well aware of what the differences are between a DTM Edition and a ”regular” 2,0T.

I had the fortunate opportunity to see the very first production car already in April this year (at the importer’s head offices here in Södertälje, Sweden), and I must say it looked stunning. No pictures launched do any kind of justice to the body trim of the DTM. Especially the front bumper looks much more masculine than on e.g. the photos you have pasted here yourself. And the interior is perhaps the best part of the car. The pitch black colouring, the Audi-tec trim (similar to Alcantara), the Recaro seats and back seat, and the carbon decorative inserts looks brilliant.

After having seen the car, I immediately reserved one from the Swedish batch. But reading several german tests of a production car (front drive) and after seeing the final price, I changed my mind almost just as quickly and cancelled the order.

All tests indicate that the DTM is not really faster at all than the standard A4. Although I have seen no straight-on comparisons, the figures even suggest that the DTM is slightly slower (!). And the complaints have been wide-spread of severe understeer with the S-Line chassis. In other words, the DTM package does not seem to add any extra performance or driveability at all.

Moreover, note that metallic colour is not included, nor is onboard computer, cruise control, radio, Xenon, etc, etc. And certain A4 extras are not available on the DTM (such as load-through ski bag, which is something I desperately want on my cars).

All in all, although this is a very nice car, I finally concluded that it simply is not worth the +400.000 SEK it would have cost me.

More importantly; as it is now, with a standard A4 2,0T on its way, I will be able to let someone beef it up to some 250 HP or more (thus significantly outperforming the DTM). I doubt if if any tuning firm will consider it worth wile to produce an engine tuning kit for the limited number of DTM cars.

R

Re: Audi A4 DTM Edition

Originally posted by kenan
    Audi A4 DTM Edition can someone give me information about this car shuld i buy it. is it worth it i like the car.Don't now how much it will cost in sweden i will also like to se pictures if somone could show me new pic i hope erik say something Thanks

I know that the DTM Edition pakages costs over 70 000:- SEK. We have one on my job and it costs about 401000:- SEK for the entire car.

Hmmm...looks like a little bit of RS4 isn't it?
    The problem is that it isn't as fast

Originally posted by Toto89
    Hmmm...looks like a little bit of RS4 isn't it?
    The problem is that it isn't as fast
    This is the S4 "25 Quattro" with the same body kit.
    But a little bit faster then the DTM Edition.

wfg, Hans.