Thread: Great news! Pink Floyd plays again

Cool Great news! Pink Floyd plays again

http://www.pinkfloyd.com/home/26.html

It has been confirmed that Roger Waters will join Pink Floyd to perform at the Live8 concert in Hyde Park on 2nd July.

David Gilmour made the following statement:
    “Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world. It’s crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations. Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if re-forming for this concert will help focus attention then it’s got to be worthwhile.”
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

great to see that they will perform once again - I had the oportunity in Prague mid 90's, there was 140,000 people attending the show.

however

It’s crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations.
    why is everybody asking americans for money? Great Britain is the home land, why are they not asking their own government?

This is similar to Bruce Springstein and rest of the leftist show support for Kerry campaign last year .....

I am sure that if these guys would share part of their wealth it would make significant dent to the starving nations poverty ..... without political statements.

Originally posted by gjg
    great to see that they will perform once again

however

why is everybody asking americans for money? Great Britain is the home land, why are they not asking their own government?
    Cause the Brits are smart enough to tell them to "sod off!"

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan