Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LeMans quattro? Want one?

LeMans quattro? Want one?

I think BMW and others will have to hurry to fill this "gap" in the market

The Audi LeMans quattro will become reality and is approved for production!

Looks will be similar to the show car, but it will get the high-rev V8 from the Audi RS4.

Makes sense since they want to mass produce the engine, and at the same time not compete with the V10 from the Gallardo.

When can I drive one...

Specification mentioned earlier:

4.2 liter V8-Motor FSI
    380 hp / 410 Nm (more now!)
    Ceramic Brakes
    6 speed e-gear or manual
    DSG / Magnetic Ride Control
    235/35 ZR 19 front, 295/30 ZR 19 rear
    1450 kg

Magnetic-Ride Control.

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Re: LeMans quattro? Want one?

Originally posted by Erik
    Specification mentioned earlier:

4.2 liter V8-Motor FSI
    380 hp / 410 Nm (more now!)
    Ceramic Brakes
    6 speed e-gear or manual
    DSG / Magnetic Ride Control
    235/35 ZR 19 front, 295/30 ZR 19 rear
    1450 kg

Sorry Erik,

But the Audi S9 (LeMans Quattro) wil have the same power 420 bhp like the RS4 "not" 380 bhp and 430 Nm torque and "not" 410 Nm.

wfg, Hans.

Am I the only one "dissappointed" with that engine for this car?

I mean, the engine is major cool for the RS 4, but for the Le Mans? Why will the first EVER Super Car from Audi debut with LESS power than My RS 6 "family car"? Why not AT LEAST give it that much power?

I just don't get it. It will only weight 200 or 300 LBS less than the RS 4 and have the same power. Yes, it will have better dynamics and put down better lap times. Yes it will look cooler. But it will ALSO sacrifice ALL the practicality of the RS 4. And to go mainstream? With THIS car? I guess I'm the only one, but to "celebrate" the "THREE PEAT" hat trick of Le Mans wins (with a car that BTW HAD a TT V8!!!!!) with a lower powered car than the RS 6 just doesn't appeal to me. Just my 2 pennies but I'd take the RS 4, save the ohh... $25K!!!! and get ALL the practicality too BOOT!

Ben (just me I guess?)
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Re: Re: LeMans quattro? Want one?

Originally posted by Iceman
    Sorry Erik,
    But the Audi S9 (LeMans Quattro) wil have the same power 420 bhp like the RS4 "not" 380 bhp and 430 Nm torque and "not" 410 Nm.
    I know. That's why I wrote "earlier"

Ben, Power is not everything. Laptimes are more important
    Have a look at the target weight.

Re: Re: Re: LeMans quattro? Want one?

Have a look at the target weight.
    Key word: "Target". All said and done it will probably weight 3300+LBS ("target" is 3200) or 300LBS lighter than the RS 4 with the SAME power. Better dynamics with non of the practicality was my point. Please Audi, give this BEAST the engine it DESERVES!

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Originally posted by Benman

I mean, the engine is major cool for the RS 4, but for the Le Mans? Why will the first EVER Super Car from Audi debut with LESS power than My RS 6 "family car"? Why not AT LEAST give it that much power?

I just don't get it. It will only weight 200 or 300 LBS less than the RS 4 and have the same power. Yes, it will have better dynamics and put down better lap times. Yes it will look cooler. But it will ALSO sacrifice ALL the practicality of the RS 4. And to go mainstream? With THIS car? I guess I'm the only one, but to "celebrate" the "THREE PEAT" hat trick of Le Mans wins (with a car that BTW HAD a TT V8!!!!!) with a lower powered car than the RS 6 just doesn't appeal to me. Just my 2 pennies but I'd take the RS 4, save the ohh... $25K!!!! and get ALL the practicality too BOOT!

Ben (just me I guess?)

I totaly agree,why not make the engine just a bit more exciting and powerful
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

Re: Re: Re: LeMans quattro? Want one?

I know. That's why I wrote "earlier"

In a later stadium there will be a RS9 (LeMans Quattro) with a remoured 4.2-liter V8 FSI Bi-turbo and ±550 bhp.
    There is also a rumour that the S9/RS9 will not get a V10 engine becorse of unwanted competition with the Lamborghini Gallardo.

wfg, Hans.
    Last edited by Iceman; May 5th, 2005 at 01:01.

Originally posted by gnomik007
    I totaly agree,why not make the engine just a bit more exciting and powerful
    Yes, I am NOT alone!

"In a later stadium there will be a RS9 (LeMans Quattro) with a remoured 4.2-liter V8 FSI Bi-turbo and ±550 bhp.
    There is also a rumour that the S9/RS9 will not get a V10 engine becorse of unwanted competition with the Lamborghini Gallardo.

wfg, Hans."

Why do this? Why "cheapen" the car by introducing a "weak" version and then bringing out a "RS" version? This is not an A4, A6, this is the friggin FLAGSHIP!

Why not just make it RSR and that is that! Just give it the TT V8 (like the REAL prototype) and TRUELY celerbrate the THREE PEAT. To say that "we don't want to infringe on Lambo's territory" and THEN introduce a 550 HP TT V8 LATER, IS to "intrude" on Lambo's territory!

Why can't I just be more reasonable? I'm done now.

Ben RS 4> "Le Mans"
    Ron Paul Fan

A quick and simple Photoshop of mine idea of how the "Audi S9 4.2 FSI" will look like.

wfg, Hans.

Registered User 5000S old skool's Avatar
    Danbury, CT... overrun by japanese rice tuners
    Originally posted by Benman

Ben (just me I guess?)
    Im with you on this one Ben, I was expecting 4.2 Biturbo with at least 490bhp, or a V10 with 520bhp... or maybe even V10 Bi-turbo

RS9 production specifications have not been finalised. Expect range to get three engine choices. Launch engine is 4.2 litre FSI V8 from RS4 but final power specification is undecided - it is unlikely to be more than 420 bhp in NA form. Second engine could be the bi-turbo version of the FSI 4.2 developing around 500 bhp or a naturally aspirated V-10 5.2 litre lump. Flagship model will have same engine as next RS6: bi-turbo V-10 5.2 litres developing 600 bhp. Truth is Audi hasn't finally decided which engine and when. Engine discussion is somewhat irrelevant at this stage, because whatever option this car has it will be a fantastic machine. I am hoping it'll crack 0-100 kph in under 4 seconds and top 300 kph. DSG box should be great, if its the same as in Bugatti Veyron.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/56...s_goahead.html

Audi Supercar Gets Go-ahead

he wildest-looking sports car Audi has ever developed is under starter's orders. Unveiled at the 2003 Frankfurt Motor Show, the sensational Le Mans concept has finally been given the green light by company bosses.

Based on the all-wheel-drive Lamborghini Gallardo platform, the new supercoupé is expected to offer a choice of two powerplants when it goes on sale late next year.

The first is a development of the V8 fitted to the new RS4, while the second is a new evolution of the Audi V10 already used by the Gallardo. At the launch of the concept, there was talk that a diesel could also be built, but bosses have since ruled this out as being unsuitable. Prices for the range have still to be discussed, but the high-performance engine and aluminium chassis of the Le Mans are unlikely to come cheap. Cars are expected to cost at least £60,000.

Audi's 444 bhp 6.0-liter W12 engine is also possible for the S9 Le Mans.
    Pistonheads article.
    The RS9 Le Mans can then get the 550 bhp W12 Bi-Turbo.

wfg, Hans.

Audi's 444 bhp 6.0-liter W12 engine is also possible for the S9 Le Mans.
    Pistonheads article.
    The RS9 Le Mans can then get the 550 bhp W12 Bi-Turbo.

wfg, Hans.
    not if they want it to fly! (with apologies to Lenny Henry)

AMS writes about V10 and V8 in the Audi R9 (not S9 or LeMans).

Top version: V10, 450hp
    Entry version V8, unknown.

http://www.automotorundsport.de/d/82331
    /Kent J
    Audinerd

Originally posted by Kent J
    AMS writes about V10 and V8 in the Audi R9 (not S9 or LeMans).

Top version: V10, 450hp
    Entry version V8, unknown.

http://www.automotorundsport.de/d/82331
    AMS have it wrong most of the time and R9 is not a Audi typology/characterization like A9, S9 and RS9.
    And why put a heavy 450 hp tunedown V10 engine in it while you have a lighter 420 hp V8 FSI.
    The base V8 engine will be the new 345 hp 4.2 FSI engine.

wfg, Hans.

The base V8 engine will be the new 345 hp 4.2 FSI engine.

wfg, Hans.
    WHAT?!?!? Now this car might be available with an engine that makes LESS than 400HP?!? PLEASE Audi, DON'T make this car "affordable" with entry level versions, even if that means taking it out of the price range for some of us. This car should NOT be a "everymans" car. It should be an aspirational model that all of us could wish we had (with the few lucky ones owning it).

It's bad enough they'll give it a entry 420 V8, now a SUB 400HP? I'm dissapointed. Next thing you know, Ferrari will come out with a Six Banger for the Modena so people like me can afford THOSE cars too...

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan