Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LeMans quattro? Want one?

agree on nomenclature

R9 is actually the name of the next LMP 1 prototype audisport will introduce in the 2006 lemans circuit. rumor is it will have a V10 FSI with a brand new technology never before seen (a la FSI)...

currently under development.

i maintain it shall be named A9 or RSR as the le mans name is apparently a rights issue...

Re: agree on nomenclature

Originally posted by RXBG
    i maintain it shall be named A9 or RSR as the le mans name is apparently a rights issue...
    If you take a look at the Audi typology then the "A"=Standard, "S"=Sport and "RS"=Race Sport.
    The production version of the Le Mans Quattro will never called A9 becorse it is a sportcar therefore it will be something like S9=Sport 9, RS9=Race Sport 9, or what i think most probably RSQ=Race Sport Quattro.

wfg, Hans.

Yes Please !!!!!!

I'll take one

kj
    Kurt Jones - Los Angeles, CA USA
    http://www.surfshooter.com
    http://www.kurtjones.com
    [img]http://homepage.mac.com/kj17/.Pictures/bmw-sig.jpg[/img]

found info on gmx

well gentlemen,

on gmx.net they posted "new infos" according to "manager - magazin.de"

well they mention there that it should have 500 - 600 HP taken form Biturbo FSI - Engine.

link to gmx
    (sorry just in german)

hmm ......... well ..... I don't think that that info is very credible.

I do hope that it get's more HP than the RS .... but ..... 500 - 600 HP sounds unrealistic - what do you think???

translated text (translated by google language tools)
    News
    In co-operation also Gentlemen, start your engines!
    Ingolstadt - the Volkswagen daughter AUDI wants to bring in the year the presented supersports car study Le Mans at the beginning of of 2007 to 2003 as R9 on the market. The car is to be built in the manufactoring plant Neckarsulm, said the chairman of the board Martin Winterkorn for the magazine "Auto Motor und Sport".Probably shown on the IAA in Frankfurt, where two years ago already the driving-finished study Le Mans had been demonstrated and gotten much attention.

On basis of the Lamborghini supercar Gallardo AUDI had built the Le Mans higher and longer than the template . Width and above all design of the body with originally of AUDI developed and in the luxury car A8 assigned aluminum framework for the first time named space Frame were however both cars commonly.

Also the central engine of the AUDI was the ten-cylinder taken over by the Lamborghini, which was only brought by gasoline direct injection and Biturbo loading of 500 to 610 HP.

Also the standard model announced now will follow according to statement of Winterkorn similarly strongly the Lamborghini basis, even if no details are given yet.

That AUDI can avail itself with first application of a platform strategy with a supersports car so uninhibited with Lamborghini around its own competition model to Ferrari Enzo, Porsche GT and Mercedes SLR to build has to do with the structure of the Volkswagen company:

Lamborghini belongs to the sporty company section, which is led as group of marks AUDI and which the AUDI also has the leadership.

AUDI had it thereby substantially more simply than the mark VOLKSWAGEN. In the course of the luxury strategy of the former Volkswagen boss Ferdinand Pieech VOLKSWAGEN had developed its own supersports car with the internal W12 twelve-cylinder engine.

600 HP strong and over 300 km/h fast and like the Le Mans Volkswagen supersports cars Nardo designated after a racing course should have been built 2004 in a small series for 150 copies and from the product planning was finally dropped because the costs were guessed/advised too highly and the positioning of VOLKSWAGEN as luxury mark was threatend to fail

The group of marks VOLKSWAGEN concentrated therefore on the Bugatti Veyron, a 1001-hp and 400-kph - car, which are settled above the already elitare supersports cars still and whose development was afflicted with so substantial problems long time that it threatened to fail several times.
    Last edited by mr; May 11th, 2005 at 17:36.

what?

what's a greedy throat

ähm ... sorry should have read through what the translator gave back!!!

will look through the text when got more time!!!

sorry for the bad translation!!!

The latest engine news of the production Le Mans is that it will have two engines.
    A tunedown RS4 4.2-liter FSI V8 engine with 390 bhp.
    And a new tunedown 5.2-liter FSI V10 engine with 450 bhp.
    I see not the point of these two engines, why tune them down.
    If you re-chip the ECU of the RS4 engine you will get ± 441 bhp.

wfg, Hans.

Le Mans looks great,hope R9 will look like Le Mans.
    I would suggest three engines for it:

4,2 V8 FSI-~380hp(detuned RS4 engine)
    -under Gallardo.
    ~5,0 V10 FSI or 4,2 V8 FSI Bi-turbo~450-500hp-against Gallardo.
    5,2 or 5,5 FSI Bi-turbo-610 hp-above Gallardo and everything
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

Originally posted by Iceman

I see not the point of these two engines, why tune them down.
    If you re-chip the ECU of the RS4 engine you will get ± 441 bhp.

wfg, Hans.
    I agree, this car should have MORE HP than either RS 4 OR RS 6, NOT less! It should be an aspirational vehicle.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

If the new R9 will have 420 hp...I did some
    calculations!
    The 1450kg-420hp R9 will have 3,45 kg/hp-it is better than BMW M5's 3,6kg/hp and AUDI RS4's 3,93kg/hp and almost as good as Gallardo's 3,2kg/hp.
    I also hope that it will have a more powerful version with 600hp and in this case it will have only2,37kg/hp

Last edited by Toto89; August 26th, 2005 at 15:36.
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

I think 550-600 hp R9 is a must 4 Audi

PLZ Audi MAKE IT
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

You can only hope that they would put 550-600 hp in that thing. It is a really good looking car so with that engine it would be a top supercar....

I think you guys are missing the point of the A9. It competes with the basic 911, not the 911 Turbo, and certainly not Lamborghini or Ferrari.
    It's a daily driver. So the engine has to be practical (fuel economy, reliability, torque curve, etc...). Not a lot of people want a 500hp car. It's a limited market. I think Gallardos sell at about 400/year. Audi wants to build between 5.000 and 10.000 A9s per year. That's not gonna happen with an unpractical car aimed at a small enthusiast market. Most people will not sacrifice practicallity for a couple of seconds on the 'ring. And for those that do wants those seconds, or the high performance image, there are the RS-models.

Why would a base-model V8 with only 400hp 'weaken' the image? Porsche doesn't seem to have a lot of image problems, despite the 330hp. You guys are such horsepower-whores. You think people will point and laugh at you in your A9, saying "haha, the base model of the car you are driving has only 400hp"?
    Isn't the base model of the RS6 something like a 115hp 1.9TDi? It didn't seem to suffer much from that.

Originally posted by clam
    It's a daily driver. So the engine has to be practical (fuel economy, reliability, torque curve, etc...).
    Thats why Audi CEO Dr Martin Winterkorn whants to put in the 6.0 litre W12 engine with 450 hp and 580 Nm of torque.

wfg, Hans.

Originally posted by clam
    You guys are such horsepower-whores.
    My name is Ben and I... I am a horsepower whore... there... I've said it. Now the healing can begin.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Couldnt help myself. Went into CCS here in NZ and told the Sales Manager to start a buyers list for the R9/LMQ and I am on top of the list.

Have got my RS4 Sedan coming in the new year and will keep that till the LMQ arrives.

Cheers

Ned

Top of the list for the Audi Le Mans and got the RS 4 on the way. Not all too shabby collection of vehicles for you to be driving in the next few years.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Should also add that I am already on my second S4. Passed over the new build latest S4 for the RS4. Had it already on the water on the way here when I found out about the new RS4 so told CCS to just go ahead and sell it.

It was black outside, red leather interior with tinted windows. Only spent a couple of days on the CCS lot before it was snapped up.

Ned