Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOA S8 answer to me

AOA S8 answer to me

ear Bob:

Thank you for your interest in Audi.

Our e-mail address is designed to provide information only on present or currently upcoming Audi models. No plans have been announced at this time for production of the next Audi S8 for North America, but we will be happy to forward your note to the appropriate persons for consideration in future planning. The preferences and opinions of our customers are very important in developing models for the coming years.

As you know, the S8 is not produced every year for North America. This is a specially configured vehicle intended for the serious, discerning enthusiast.

The RS4 has not yet been offered in the American market, though it has caused a great deal of excitement in both its appearances in Europe. At this time no schedule has been announced to bring the current RS4 to the U.S. or Canada, but, as with your interest in the S8, we will be happy to forward your inquiry to the appropriate persons as a mark of your interest. We hope you will visit the "Future" and "Press Release" pages of the website to learn the latest Audi news. You can also register in My Audi and sign up for the Audi newsletters featuring your particular interests.

The new Audi RS4 was presented at the Geneval Auto Show this year, so information on it will probably be available in press releases in the near future. Automotive magazines and websites will also, no doubt, present pictures and information in coming issues.

Again, thank you for contacting us. Please write again if we can be of any further assistance.

Otto

AudiTalk

Looks like Audi has no idea what they want to do even with the RS4, this was confirmed to me by an Audi rep, but who knows today is only Tuesday by Wednsday afternoon they might say something different. Just wanted to share with you.

All the best to everyone on the board,
    Bajo
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

Atlanta, Georgia and Ramat-Hasharon,Israel

Re: AOA S8 answer to me

Originally posted by Bajors6
    Looks like Audi has no idea what they want to do even with the RS4, this was confirmed to me by an Audi rep, but who knows today is only Tuesday by Wednsday afternoon they might say something different. Just wanted to share with you.

thanks for posting that.

it just shows us more how "stable" things are for us in the US.

they already figured out what seats and steering wheel US will get..... so now its like: If We Will AT ALL Get It.

however, you also never know if that rep knows 100% of the news or if they are advised to tell us different stories.

:eye:
    :thumb: Buckle Up and Enjoy The Ride.

Why don't you provide his contact information so we can all hound him?
    2007 997 GT3 Carrera White
    2009 Mercedes E63 Wagon, Black/Black
    2009 Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Rosso Corsa

Sold:
    2003 RS6 Ebony Pearl, Black Interior, NAV, Exhaust, XM Radio.
    2005 Maserati Quattroporte, Sport Package, Nero Carbonio, Cuolo Sella Seats.
    2006 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Atlanta, Georgia and Ramat-Hasharon,Israel
    Originally posted by bilbozilla
    Why don't you provide his contact information so we can all hound him?

hehe
    :thumb: Buckle Up and Enjoy The Ride.

Email address is

auditalk@audi.com

Have at him

!

bigeyes:

Bajo

Hello Bajo ,

As RS4ever states sometimes the reps don't know. But isn't it sad that we the entusiasts seem to know more them them? I mean come on, we've been talking about this for how long now (some with inside info) only for the Audi reps to say "well, maybe not."

The reps on Audi's payroll should OF ALL PEOPLE know what is going on with the cars in the pipeline. Sad...

Ben

they already figured out what seats and steering wheel US will get..... so now its like: If We Will AT ALL Get It.
    yep, AoA knows best how to fit someone's arse .....

It's like if you would get caught cheating, deny, deny, deny. They will not tell you anything, even if they have the info right in front of them. Bastards, it would really help to know these things to plan ahead.

:s4addict:

Originally posted by Audihead
    It's like if you would get caught cheating, deny, deny, deny. They will not tell you anything, even if they have the info right in front of them. Bastards, it would really help to know these things to plan ahead.

Ha ha, that's funny. Think about it. If they told you, "what, you want to buy the S4? Why don't you just wait about 4 or 5 months till the new one comes out? Or better yet the all new RS 4 comes out 7 months after that!" than what would happen to their job? It's all about selling you what they have FIRST, cause they can ALWAYS sell you the "new" model later!

Ben

Originally posted by Benman
    Ha ha, that's funny. Think about it. If they told you, "what, you want to buy the S4? Why don't you just wait about 4 or 5 months till the new one comes out? Or better yet the all new RS 4 comes out 7 months after that!" than what would happen to their job? It's all about selling you what they have FIRST, cause they can ALWAYS sell you the "new" model later!

Ben
    True Dat. Still sucks though.

Benman

You are absolutely correct and I understand theor point but that will not appease me unfortunately. I am still going to wait and see and hope they bring it here. He (Otto) did write back and say that the revised A8 with the huge grille like the W12 A8L is coming in about 5-6 months and the torque output is/will have 317Ft lbs of torque and with the optional "sport package" which is wheels/tires it "should" feel like my S8. Never mind the gear ratio etc, the exclusivity etc etc of having a REAL S car. But at least he is trying to help. And after getting my second email about how unfortunate it was that Audi will not bring the models here he backs down and tells me to wait for the updated 06 model in September 05. So maybe I/We keep pushing and complaining..............
    Just keeping you posted, anyone else email him?

Bajo

Originally posted by Audihead
    True Dat. Still sucks though.

I know it does but hang in there!

Bajo,

I think it is a real safe bet that the RS 4 IS coming Stateside. With what seats and such... now that's the question. I think it's also fairly safe to speculate that when the S8 comes out, we here will also get a version. Keep the faith...

Ben

They always deny everything.(even when they send dealer's technicians for training on a new model)

Well it turns out that Audi will bring an S8 "soon" to the states. When, what engine etc they did not reveal to the dealers but they are definetly bringing one soon. He (Audi rep) said probably mid 2006 as a 2006.5 model. Which is fine with me because I went into a Mercedes dealer with my brother to pick up his CL65 (what a monster that thing is btw) and saw the G55 and was looking into it when the owner of the dealer said go drive it and tell me what you think of it and said "stomp" on it. I did as he said and was IMPRESSED very very very impressed by the 516ft lbs of torque when it breaks loose all four tires. And you guessed it I bought it on the spot, I love it. Sorry Audi you lost me I am back to Benzes (for now anyway).
    Just wanted to keep you guys posted if I hear anything different from the audi dealer which is owner of both the benz and audi dealers I will post for you guys. BTW Still miss my monster but just couldn't find one like mine except one that was on the east coast and had 7k on it. Oh well you win some you lose some with the G55 I am VERY VERY happy.

Bajo

Well it turns out that Audi will bring an S8 "soon" to the states. When, what engine etc they did not reveal to the dealers but they are definetly bringing one soon. He (Audi rep) said probably mid 2006 as a 2006.5 model.

Bajo
    See Bajo, you just had to keep the faith.

As for the Benz...

Ben

Benman

You said it like it is about keepin the faith, but..... 2006 1/2 is still a ways away so one never knows what will I do until then. I just hope they put the V10 in it to make it helpful for us that have strayed away.
    We shall see my good friend. BTW I read in Autoweek that Audi is going to be staying away from forced air engine's and focus on the N/A version like the one in the RS4. I hope not.

Bajo (die hard)

BTW I read in Autoweek that Audi is going to be staying away from forced air engine's and focus on the N/A version like the one in the RS4. I hope not.

Bajo (die hard)

Man, I sure hope not. A TT V10 would be incredible!
    Ben (die harder )

Bajo,

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a G55. I assume its an AMG ...

Finnus

BTW congrats on the new ride!
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue