Thread: Volk Racing Appetite

Volk Racing Appetite

19x9.5 for the rear...

Are these wheels of good quality?I ask it because have not heard of such brand before.
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

Nene, congrats! Pix of the actual rim would've been nice...

Gnomik, you can't go wrong with Rays. They're excellent quality.

Originally posted by gnomik007
    Are these wheels of good quality?I ask it because have not heard of such brand before.
    Yes, these wheels have a good reputation, and seem to be extremely popular with the import crowd. They look nice to boot!

Ben

Wait one minute.

I like the looks of the SCALE...

Where can I get one?

LOL

Do you have an actual pic of the whole wheel??

Mike

I have lots of pix of the actual wheel. Just playing a little tease...sorry for being so bad.

Still waiting on the front rims, as they were not available stateside. Probably have the front ones in my possession in 2.5 months. Will post pix of the actual rear rims in a few hours.

Just how many sets of wheels and tires do you own????

Mike

uploaded to my gallery

I guess you just can't have enough wheels.
    I really like a lightweight setup wheels. And the Volk Racing rims are great looking in my opinion. They provide the lightweight forged configuration that I've been looking for, and they can be ordered with different lip size, for a staggered look. Although this is not required.

I ordered a set of 19x9.5 for the rear (285x30 tires) and a 19x8.5 for the front (255x35 tires).
    For the fronts I'm almost sure that spacers are required, according to my calculations. For the rear, not sure yet. Will see if I can put it on the car and test it in a couple of weeks.

The 'Volk Racing' and 'LE37' decals come off the rims with ease. Once I put them on, it should have no decals. Not tested yet, but I believe the small Audi logo'd cap can fit instead of the VR logo one, if folks require this.

If anyone wants a set of these rims, or any other great rims, please call up Eric at Supreme Power Parts , and tell him Nelson sent you.

And now...the pix!

Re: uploaded to my gallery

Originally posted by nene
    I ordered a set of 19x9.5 for the rear (285x30 tires) and a 19x8.5 for the front (255x35 tires).
    Great looking rims! But why the staggered tire setup? This will surely worsen understeer, and our cars understeer too much as it is.
    2010 XFR
    2004 RS6 (sold)
    2008 Exige S 240
    2009 V8 Vantage
    2008 X5 4.8i

Nene,

I didn't think the wells would take tires that size!! Those are some fat shoes.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Wow Nene... Beautiful rims!

PS: While a staggered setups look great, I agree with SpinEcho - they usually introduce understeer.

I don't believe I've ever pushed the beast hard enough to experience any sort of understeer. I suppose I really like to drive more conservatively than most. I think it will be fine. If not, you'll surely hear about it!

The rear wheel well is pretty deep. The front one is what can cause some issues, and you really have to watch out for rubbing.
    According to the measurements I took, and I did some extensive research on it, it should fit. I have no plans yet to make suspension changes either.

Will keep everyone posted, and obviously when the rest of the wheels get here.

Originally posted by gnomik007
    Volk Racing is very good wheel maker, also one of highest quailty stuff in motor sports. They are lighter than BBS and as strong as any other top ranking wheels. They have magnesium wheels which are also quite special. One of the most expensive wheels in the world.

http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/indexe.html

Good looking wheels for sure!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail