Thread: RS3 / R32 tuning potential!

RS3 / R32 tuning potential!

To give you an idea of the potential in these twin turbo V6's!.......

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/r32.htm

I think they are the U.S department og http://www.hgp-turbo.de/

Same system... you can even see their name on the engine...

Registered User 5000S old skool's Avatar
    Danbury, CT... overrun by japanese rice tuners
    What is the RS3 going to have anyway, if it comes out? and if it does, will it be released to the states?

There will be no RS3. But there will be an S3 Quattro developing around 300 bhp. This was reported a month or so ago in Auto Motor und Sport, the German car magazine/ bible.

Will the new S3 be NA like all future RS models? - I guess so.

I am pretty underwhelmed by the new Audi direction into NA for it's RS / S variants. By the sound of it the new cars will have pretty poor performance without the turbo torque. The excess weight will only blunt things even further. I really thought Audi was on to a winner with the idea of a small golf sized car with a twin turbo V6. I guess they decided it would make all the fat executive cars like RS4/6/8 M5 etc totally redundant, so had to ditch the idea. What a missed opportunity.

Last edited by Roadie; December 20th, 2004 at 09:55.

Roadie,

Don't be disappointed. The S3 will have a 3.2 FSI engine with turbos. It will be an RS model in all but name.

All future Audi RS models will have turbos except for the next RS4. The reason the RS4 won't is because Audi wants to show BMW that it can do high revving NA better than they can. New engine in RS4 will be a peach. Powerful and frugal. It develops 425bhp, well up on S4's 344bhp. I am sure we'll see a turbo version of this V8 in another model and it should be good for 500bhp.

If you look at the R8 race car used by Audi to win Le Mans then Audi's engine strategy becomes much clearer. The R8 was used to pioneer FSI and bi-turbo technology. in fact it is fair to say that Audi is one manufacturer whose race technology definitely influences its road cars. Turbos make FSI engines efficient at high cruising speeds. The Audi R8's economy during the Le Mans race gave it much greater flexibility in planning pit stops.

There are three new road car engines that will benefit from Audi's expertise in bi-turbo FSIs:

1. 3.2 litre v6
    2. 4.2 litre v8
    3. 5.2 litre v10

The next RS6 will have the brand new 5.2 v10 bi-turbo and will churn out well above 500bhp. Unlike the BMW M5, however, the fuel guage will not double as an air conditioning fan.

The fastest compact - HGP Golf R32 Biturbo. 543 hp!!!

Nota bene, the Golf above is faster than the brand new BMW M5 (E60)... :MTM:

Place 22, not bad for a beginner...

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=5817
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

I would never choose Golf over new M5 but the fact that one could accelerate from the second one is impressive.
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

Hey RS6ers!!!

We have to be serious! Have you forgot the weight of the Golf??? I think the new M5 is really fast (with comfort and technology equipement), its not the case for the Golf!!! And I would never choose this Golf over the new M5 too!!!
    Too much style with this new M5, I really like it!!! I'm waiting for the new RS6 to take my decision!
    But please NO single frame on the next RS6!!!!!!!!!!!! If it's the case I will on the front of the new RS6 and choose the new M5 (high rpm yesssssss ) over our new baby!!! I actually not like rear lights on the new A6, too angular!!!

Lets wait and we will see! But over all the RS I prefer my RS6, really good style!!!!

ACTUAL

In the UK we have a tuning company called AMD. These guys offer basic chips to boost the output of VAG models from slight 50bhp gains to crazy extremes as above.

When the new twin turbo S3 comes out soon with it's alledged 350bhp, then a mild AMD chip will see 400bhp very easily. To my mind this will make the overweight & over priced RS4 & RS6 / M5 redundant. The power to weight will be superior at almost half M5 price.

Now I wouldn't choose my current R32 over an M5, obviously! But I would choose a mildly chipped new S3 over an M5, and pocket the 50% saving.
    Last edited by Roadie; December 28th, 2004 at 18:13.

Watched a video of a Mitsu Evo with 400 hp that was as fast as the Lambo Merci around the track and just as fast in the straights. Doesn't mean I want the Mitsu

The numbers on the E60 M are very impressive but I am still not a fan of the styling. The hood, front fenders and roof pillars meet up all wrong......but I will wait to see it in person to make final judgement.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

I agree - nobody on their right mind would choose a mitsu over a lambo!! But were comparing one relatively normal looking car to another. None of the above has great styling etc. The only thing they have is a nippy A-B appeal.

Originally posted by Erik
    The fastest compact - HGP Golf R32 Biturbo. 543 hp!!!
    how can that one be the fastest when this one has 556+ hp and it's a 2.8 V6 4 motion

and HGP has one which evolves 900 hp when they turn up for the turbo pressure?

and I would love to see a A3 sportsback 3.2 hgp bi-turbo that would be a nice car and a ferrari killer

[i

and I would love to see a A3 sportsback 3.2 hgp bi-turbo that would be a nice car and a ferrari killer [/B]
    Yes it would, I really hope they release somthing like that, it would easy beat both rs4 and rs6.
    Audi A3 2.0 T
    Sportback chiped tune 245 hp

Originally posted by Rosenrot
    Yes it would, I really hope they release somthing like that, it would easy beat both rs4 and rs6.

You can get that now, you buy a stock a3 3.2 sportsback and then you buy a bi-turbo kit from hgp, but that is not cheap.

I would like one in black, with some 19" sportec rims in black and a Kamei body kit, and then maybe some r32 frontseats

Originally posted by Rosenrot

You can get that now, you buy a stock a3 3.2 sportsback and then you buy a bi-turbo kit from hgp, but that is not cheap.

I would like one in black, with some 19" sportec rims in black and a Kamei body kit, and then maybe some r32 frontseats

I've seen that golf in a tuming mag before (talking about the red one) it does have a top speed of 323 kph on nardo it was on a 300 + test with a brabus maybach , a sl 65 without the limmiter, the 9ff 388 kph a bentley conti gt and a alpina b7

only the sl and the 9ff were faster
    Maarten :)

CARS.

Golf III cabriolet (mom's)

Passat 2.0 TFSI highline Bussines (Dad's)

Ford company car sorry no longer working at VAG ;)