Thread: MTM + Exhaust problems?

Exclamation MTM + Exhaust problems?

After my post about having mods done to my RS6 I had a call out of the blue from a chap who has had the same mods done. He said that at the moment his car was putting out LESS torque than origionally !!

He did go on on to say that they are working on the problems, but I was best to save my money for the time being until it was sorted.

has anyone else come across this and what do you think the problems are??

Someone suggested that the exhaust setup might need futher refinement due to less back pressure?

Dave
    Audi Q7 4.2tdi S-line quattro

From MTM I heard that the sport exhaust is ready but they're doing the mapping now.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

I agree.. From the enquires I have made it looks like the chip is good, but when added to the exhaust it needs a further re-chip..

Dave

MTM chip + Exhaust correction

Had a good chat with Kim Collins of Quattropsorts (MTM dealer for UK) and he explained how things stand.

The MTM chip is good and increases the torque by a massive level which increases in gear accleration times. 0 to 60 times are more difficult to reduce , partly due to the automatic gearbox.. it makes it difficult to get quick standing starts.

The problems with the exhaust take a little more understanding. At the moment Uk manufacturers are only changing the rear cat backs.. bit the main blockage is around the down pipes, so it is here that the work needs to be carried out. I have heard that this may require taking the engine out, so will probably be big bucks. So at the moment, the changing of the cat backs is mainly cosmetic and has no effect on performance

Cheers
    Dave

I have an excellent picture of the RS6 exhaust. Will post it when I have the time to write something sensible - it's all in German!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Would love to read that Erik when you get time.. unfortunatly my German is non-existant

I've also grown to like the quaq exhaust so that's what I think I will go for
    Cheers
    Dave

I talked to MTM last week and they are working on a new exhaust system for the RS6 which will include an electric valve to open or close pipe depending on the engine parameters (rpm, turbo boost).

Stay tuned.

Mr Balsen

Originally posted by Mr Balsen
    I talked to MTM last week and they are working on a new exhaust system for the RS6 which will include an electric valve to open or close pipe depending on the engine parameters (rpm, turbo boost).
    Sounds quite like Audi's system for the new S4. Makes it good and "rumbly" at low RPMs, but prevents it being noisy at higher RPMS. Not sure what it does for performance though!
    +=====================================+
    ChrisB aka TheBrit, as named by Clout & SantorinSteve over on AW.

Now
    +-------
    Daytona Grey C6 RS 6 Avant
    Meteor Grey S5 Tip

History
    +-------
    Lava Grey C6 allroad 3.0 TDI
    Daytona Grey D3 S8 (twice)
    Ebony Black D3 W12 SWB
    Ebony Black C5 allroad 2.5 TDI Tip Limited Edition
    Silver A2 1.6 FSI SE
    Silver C5 A6 Avant 2.7T Sport
    Volcano Black B5 A4 2.8 qm Sport

Very efficently actually. Because if you open one exhaust after mid range rpm, you are allowing the gaz to increase their speed by increasing the size of the exhaust system. I believe RUF was the first tuner to offer it on the Porsche.

Mr Balsen