Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More pics of the new Audi RS4 II

Rs4 II

This is the real one.Look at the fenders.

The license plate is a bit curios,but i bet 100.- that´s the real deal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audirs4g (960 x 720).jpg 
Views:	7302 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	2105  
    Fab5

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audirs4d (960 x 720).jpg 
Views:	7351 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	2106  
    Fab5

well -> why so sure now???

2 weeks ago ... same car ......... -> you and Nordo meaned no ... it's an ABT tuned b7.
    why can you be so sure now, ... that it is Rs4 MK2 ...

there are a few things that confuse me about that car
    1st:
    why roll - cage???

2nd:
    why isn't there just a little bit of disguising on the car ... like on every "normal" spyshot of a car????

well ........ strange!!!

we'll see.
    just my 2cent

Whether this picture is an RS4 mule or not, I know for sure that Audi has been testing several RS4 mules on the Nordschliefe during September and October.

The silver S4 with the RS4 front bumper/ spoiler may also be an RS4 prototype. I think someone else has spotted this. The clues are the extended wheel arches and rear exhaust mouldings.

If the Auto Motor und Sport article is correct, then there will be additional bodywork below the door sills and the odd-looking rub strips will disappear.

I don't know about all you fellas, but seems to me that Audi has built a mini-me!!!! By that I mean...the RS4 really just looks like a mini-RS6! From the rear at least.

Keep those shots coming, real or otherwise.

I couldn't agree with you more nene, a mini-me!

But I wouldn't be surprised if the end product looked a bit different.

For all I care, just make it bloody quick! :MTM:
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Originally posted by mr
    well -> why so sure now???

2 weeks ago ... same car ......... -> you and Nordo meaned no ... it's an ABT tuned b7.
    why can you be so sure now, ... that it is Rs4 MK2 ...

there are a few things that confuse me about that car
    1st:
    why roll - cage???

2nd:
    why isn't there just a little bit of disguising on the car ... like on every "normal" spyshot of a car????

well ........ strange!!!

we'll see.
    just my 2cent

Well,first i didn´t say it´s an ABT A4/S4 like @Nordschleife said.

I only said that the license plate is a bit curious cause it´s from Kempten.

I only can say a little birdie told me that.That the RS4´s gets tested at the Ring do we all know.Most of the cars that get tested at the Ring have roll-cages.

JM2$

Fab5

This very car has become a regular film star lately. Apart from the roll cage which of course will go, the J964 mule has lightweight Recaros clearly visible in the Auto Zeitung close up. But for the production version, we all need some new Recaros with seat memory, massage and ventilation and - oh yes - integrated TV screen for rear passengers.

Originally posted by QuattroFun
    This very car has become a regular film star lately. Apart from the roll cage which of course will go, the J964 mule has lightweight Recaros clearly visible in the Auto Zeitung close up. But for the production version, we all need some new Recaros with seat memory, massage and ventilation and - oh yes - integrated TV screen for rear passengers.
    you are asking for what most people do NOT want. This is supposed to be a performance car, you don't need seats with memory, you don't even need electric seats they are heavy, you don't need anything for the people in the back, if you want massage and ventilation, might i suggest a Spa?
    How you can tell the seats in this car are Recaro and not OMP, or somebody else is beyond me, quite frankly.

Just tried to be funny. Now, I do not know for sure if they are Recaros - it is just that the picture clearly shows the text "Recaro" on the head rest

Hey guys, im from the united arab emirates, and as u can all see im new here. Got some info and pics for the new RS4

An even faster and more focused Audi RS4 will make its debut at next March’s Geneva Motor Show. Caught here in prototype guise undergoing high-speed handling tests at the Nürburgring circuit in Germany, the second-generation four-wheel-drive saloon represents an important change in Audi’s performance-car portfolio by foregoing traditional turbocharged power for a highly-tuned naturally aspirated engine.

The about-turn is part of a broader plan instigated by chairman Martin Winterkorn that aims to focus greater attention on Audi’s engineering prowess and further boost the image of its fledgling Audi Sport operation in the face of stiff competition from BMW’s M and Mercedes-Benz’s AMG divisions.

Based around the German car maker’s existing five-valve-per-cylinder 4.2-litre V8, the new RS4’s engine gains a host of lightweight internal components as well as modifications to the inlet and exhaust systems to help extend its top end and increase power. An impressive 425bhp is rumoured – some 44bhp more than the first-generation turbocharged 2.7-litre V6 RS4 launched in 2000 and 61bhp up on the recently facelifted S4 (see gallery).

‘We want to show that we can deliver a high-powered naturally aspirated engine,’ Audi engine boss, Wolfgang Hatz, told Autocar’s German sister publication auto motor und sport.

As with its predecessor, the new car channels its power through a six-speed manual gearbox and four-wheel-drive system. A dual-clutch DSG gearbox could be an option.

Despite tipping the scales at over 1600kg, the new car’s straight-line performance should be more than a match for the likes of the BMW M3 and Merc C55 AMG. Ingolstadt insiders hint at a 0-60mph time below the original RS4’s mark of 4.9sec and a top speed likely to be limited to 155mph, although the recent RS6 Plus is said to be good for 175mph before the limiter cuts in.

To ensure it is able to cope with the added power, Audi has brought some substantial changes to the standard S4’s chassis. Autocar’s scoop photographs reveal it gets wider tracks, a lowered ride height and 18-inch wheels among other more detailed changes. An estate is also expected.

Meanwhile, Hatz has ruled out that the evocative RS badge will be applied across the Audi line-up in the future. ‘The RS name is reserved for the A4 and A6,’ he says.

sorce: autocar.com

The more I browse this forum, the more & more I want to purchase an Audi.

Originally posted by U.A.E_RS6
    Hey guys, im from the united arab emirates, and as u can all see im new here. Got some info and pics for the new RS4

Based around the German car maker’s existing five-valve-per-cylinder 4.2-litre V8, the new RS4’s engine gains a host of lightweight internal components as well as modifications to the inlet and exhaust systems to help extend its top end and increase power. An impressive 425bhp is rumoured – some 44bhp more than the first-generation turbocharged 2.7-litre V6 RS4 launched in 2000 and 61bhp up on the recently facelifted S4 (see gallery).

‘We want to show that we can deliver a high-powered naturally aspirated engine,’ Audi engine boss, Wolfgang Hatz, told Autocar’s German sister publication auto motor und sport.

sorce: autocar.com
    Welocome to the forum.

As for Wolfgangs quote, it is true that for Audi standards at least the new RS 4's NA engine has a powerfull output (100hp per liter). But compare it to BMW's M3 and it falls short. If they really wanted to make a mark they should have done something spectacular like Honda's S2000. Now there's a car with a wopping 120 hp per liter! Better than ANY other street legal car on the planet! And before all you torque cynics start up with the "Yeah but the torque sucks" remeber that it is just a 2 liter engine yet makes 157lb/ft (BTW, just as good of a torque ratio per Liter as the 360 Modena!). At that same ratio that would mean the 4.2 liter RS 4 would have to make 329lb/ft (which it just might,) but more important it would need to achieve 504 HP (which it surely wont)!

IMO that would be that way to make an impact!

Ben (Stick with turbos!)

Originally posted by Benman
    Welocome to the forum.

As for Wolfgangs quote, it is true that for Audi standards at least the new RS 4's NA engine has a powerfull output (100hp per liter). But compare it to BMW's M3 and it falls short. If they really wanted to make a mark they should have done something spectacular like Honda's S2000. Now there's a car with a wopping 120 hp per liter! Better than ANY other street legal car on the planet! And before all you torque cynics start up with the "Yeah but the torque sucks" remeber that it is just a 2 liter engine yet makes 157lb/ft (BTW, just as good of a torque ratio per Liter as the 360 Modena!). At that same ratio that would mean the 4.2 liter RS 4 would have to make 329lb/ft (which it just might,) but more important it would need to achieve 504 HP (which it surely wont)!

IMO that would be that way to make an impact!

Ben (Stick with turbos!)
    The S2K's engine is an amazing accomplishment. However, it sure needs to rev high in order to put out decent power... A friend of mine had one and according to him, all that high revving gets old after a while... That's probably why Honda recently increased displacement - it's 2.2 now.

Anyway, I agree VTEC does a good job in the torque dept...

Originally posted by A418TQTip
    The S2K's engine is an amazing accomplishment. However, it sure needs to rev high in order to put out decent power... A friend of mine had one and according to him, all that high revving gets old after a while... That's probably why Honda recently increased displacement - it's 2.2 now.

Anyway, I agree VTEC does a good job in the torque dept...
    Very true, but we are forgeting that the new RS 4 (at least according to rumors) will also rev to 8K+! So just like the S2000 and 360 Modena the torque peak will be high up the band.

And before all you torque cynics start up with the "Yeah but the torque sucks" remeber that it is just a 2 liter engine yet makes 157lb/ft
    And what's so wonderful about that torque? The engine outputs 120hp/liter, makes 104Nm/liter.

Let's take a normal small Audi for example, a 2,0FSI. It makes 75hp/liter, 100Nm/liter. BMW 120i gives the same numbers. And I'd say almost every 2,0 liter makes about 100Nm/liter.

So what's so amazing about that 4Nm/liter more?

Personally, I don't like the VTEC. It might give a lot of hp, but if the car is used in everyday driving also, all the time revving to get that normal torque is kinda boring.

- Yak

Originally posted by Yak
    And what's so wonderful about that torque? The engine outputs 120hp/liter, makes 104Nm/liter.

Let's take a normal small Audi for example, a 2,0FSI. It makes 75hp/liter, 100Nm/liter. BMW 120i gives the same numbers. And I'd say almost every 2,0 liter makes about 100Nm/liter.

So what's so amazing about that 4Nm/liter more?

Personally, I don't like the VTEC. It might give a lot of hp, but if the car is used in everyday driving also, all the time revving to get that normal torque is kinda boring.

- Yak
    I think your own post answers your own question . You post that an Audi (or VW) 2.0 engine makes @ 100Nm/liter. The S2000 makes about the same. But compare the 120hp/liter to the 75 hp/liter that the VW /Audi makes and you see that the Honda rips the crap out of those motors!

And as for reving, remember that the rumor is that the new RS 4 will rev to over 8,000 rpms (just like M3, 360 Modena, new M5, etc...) and none of those motors are torque monsters and all make peak torque high up the band (unlike the Bi Turbo RS 6 ).

Very true, but we are forgeting that the new RS 4 (at least according to rumors) will also rev to 8K+! So just like the S2000 and 360 Modena the torque peak will be high up the band.
    True.

But I'm pretty sure max torque will come in at lower RPMs... There's no replacement for displacement...