Thread: Pics: The next Audi TT

Thumbs up Pics: The next Audi TT

Expect mid-2006 delivery. What do you think? Too close to today's version or?

2.0 FSI 200 hp

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Where's Freeman Thomas when you need him?

Hi Erik,

Thanks for posting this.

It certainly looks attractive and dynamic. There is no question that it is an Audi and the new grille seems to lend itself well to the TT's more square proportions.

Compared to the existing TT, however, I am not sure that this car has the same design focus that Freeman Thomas used to create such a compelling original shape. Seeing thie new TT makes me realise just how subtle and seductive the curves and minimal detailing of the existing one are. The new version seems just a little bit more fussy and less of an instant classic.

That said, despite trying a TT on numerous occasions I never bought one. The early versions were definitely flawed and the ugly rear spoiler did just that and ruined the integrity of its styling. (I went for an M3 instead.)

We can be sure that Audi will correct the dynamics of the new model, but we'll still be faced with a rebodied Golf platform with the inherent limitations of a transverse layout, optimised for FWD.

It's clear that the wheelbase of the new version has been lengthened, so it should offer more interior space. I really want this car to do well, but I think we'll have to wait for the Nuvolari or Le Mans production versions before Audi gets serious about real performance combined with flawless dynamics.

I would love Audi to prove me wrong.

It gets my approval.

Seems to be the trend with modern day coupes to miss out the B pillar. Nice touch, very smooth.

I agree with tailpipe on the design not being an instant classic, but it's hard to improve on perfection....check out BMW with the M5.

I like it. Looks like it gained a bit of weight, but still good lookin'!

If they make a S/TT with 300 + HP they'll have a taker in me.

:s4addict: -Audihead

that is one sexy looking thing!
    nice pictures indeed.

awesome!

Like I posted in the S3 forum, I love it!

Probably a lot more practical for where I live, speed and money wise. Plus it would easily get my gal's approval!

See how the final design ends up...

I like it.It doesn't look too far rom today version but at the same time has all the attributes of new Audi.

I only hope its gonna be a bit bigger as modern tt is just tiny.
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

Reflecting on this new design, while I think it is extremely attractive, I don't think it will have the same impact as the original TT. Somehow it dilutes the design purity and focus of the original.

Which just goes to show, sometimes you shouldn't try and reinvent the wheel, you should try and do something new.

The car is very attractive,but for some reason the front looks a bit like crossfire at a glance to me.
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

very nice desing, let's hope it makes it to Chile...

Salu2,

JavierNuvolari

Pd. to me it looks very much like the LeMans Quattro

Registered User 5000S old skool's Avatar
    Danbury, CT... overrun by japanese rice tuners

nice

but for some reason when it the TT first came out... I just couldnt seem to get the back of my head to stop telling me "TT is a chick car". I still think the TT is the Audi for the college girl with the rich daddy that buys her everything.. dont ask me how or why i think this... i just do for sum reason... Nice new design though