Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New AOA extended service contract for US!

Originally posted by UrQ
    ... when I signed my papers, the bill was $2,200 for 6 years 100K (Gold Plan), this was dealers cost that A0A had to pay. So there is room to negotiate, just like in the price of the car.
    UrQ, the more calls I make, the better your price looks! The 6 yr/100K Gold plan thru Continental in Naperville, IL (per link provided earlier by Wang) is quoted at $2,795 -- and dealers around Detroit want about $500 more on top of that!

Since owners can purchase these plans from any dealer they choose, I'd very much like to know the name of the dealer where you got yours. Also, how can I access the PDF files on the contract language that you mentioned earlier?

MEMBERS: UrQ and I communicated bv email & I got in touch with his dealer, but turns out his price was indeed "special" -- something done to smooth things over after he had bad experiences with an S4. Bottom line: I could have saved $30 by getting the contract from thousands of miles away. But it's really not a savings if I choose the $50 deductible plan, since that deductible is waived when work is done at the dealer that sells me the contract.

I'm still researching, have a lot of questions after looking over the contract, and will post later when I have more info.

Well, I just bought the extended warranty. It seemed like a pretty reasonable deal - I got the highest level of protection, "Platinum" for 3 years with a $100 deductable for $3,450. I am told it can be transferred for a pretty nominal fee if I ever sell the car, too. Has anyone bought this plan?

JA,

What are the details of the plan?
    Is it 3 years, 30,000 miles or what?
    What specifically is excluded?
    DId you negotiate the $3,450 price?

Thanks for your feedback,

Finnus

2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

Hey Finnus --

The plan is pretty comprehensive; they offer coverage at three different levels (Silver, Gold & Platinum); I got the Platinum. It covers virtually any mechanical failure. Excluded are items that are subject to normal wear and tear (brake rotors, pads, etc.). There is a brochure your dealer (or Audi of America) can send you which actually lists everything that is covered and not covered; it is a pretty long list and is very specific and detailed. Just as you can buy the plan at three different coverage levels, you can also buy from 1-3 years of coverage which are tacked on to the factory 4 year/50,000 mile warranty. For example, I got the 3 year add-on which gives me now a total of 7 years of coverage, or, up to 100,000 miles (whichever comes first). The premiums are pretty firm and non-negotiable; the $3,450 was for 3 years of Platinum coverage (total 7 years/100,000 miles) with a $100 deductable per occurrence.

Hope this helps give you the basic idea. Again, the brochure actually lists everything that is covered. At the Platinum level, Audi actually lists the things that are NOT covered, since they say it is easier to itemize them.

Hope you are enjoying your Beast and having a nice summer!

JA

JA,

Thanks for the synopsis - very useful. I have a call in to my dealer.

Finnus
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

Extended warranty is a great idea, but

$3450 for the policy is a little steep for me right now, I will have to wait. Can't wait too long though, that little policy can mean a lot if it comes time to sell. A car such as the RS6 may need special attention in its higher mileage years, and only with a warranty would it be practical, otherwise it may run too expensive to keep.
    Wang

Stepping Stones:
    '04 H1 HMCS
    '06 BMW E60 M5 Silverstone II
    ---------------------------------
    Long gone:
    '03 RS6 Mugello Blue
    '04 Audi A8L #9374 Atlas Gray
    '03 BMW M5 Carbon Black
    '00 BMW 528i Sport
    04 GT3 Speed Yellow
    '00 VW GTI VR6 Flash Red
    '00 VW Cabrio White
    '96 Chevy Camaro Z-28 Black Procharger
    '97 VW GTI VR6 Black
    '94 Chevy Camaro Z-28 Arctic White

in two years can you get the same plan (extende warranty) i know it will cost more. But can you get it?

also for teh best plan do you get free oil change and free brake pads like we get now?
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

Originally posted by nyrs6
    in two years can you get the same plan (extende warranty) i know it will cost more. But can you get it?

also for teh best plan do you get free oil change and free brake pads like we get now?
    The plan is available to owners still under factory warranty. Eligibility expires when the factory warranty does. Also, there's always some risk that between now and when your warranty runs out, Audi might further increase prices -- or phase out the program by refusing new applicants. The latter seems unlikely, tho.

Plans do not pay for oil changes or brake pad replacement.

NYRS6,

The plan is provided by a third party, Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc., and among other things the warranty excludes "any loss, damage, or expense caused by ... any alteration to the vehicle or the part..."

I would assume with a heavily modded car, you would be in for a bigger fight with the 3rd party than you would with Audi alone (in the past, Audi seems to have covered blown turbos, etc, on modded S4s).

Just my 2 cents worth.

Finnus
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

just a chip and exhaust nothing major.
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB