Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New AOA extended service contract for US!

New AOA extended service contract for US!

Whew! With nearly 24K miles after less than a year, I was beginning to worry so much about running out of warranty that I was starting to drive my beast less. But now there's news of a new program from AOA that may make that unnecessary.

I hope to find out more by calling the number given on Tuesday, after the holiday weekend. Meantime here's the audiworld.com link:

http://www.audiworld.com/pureprotection/

I know this is from a competing site but hope administrators here will allow it because it's big news on a topic that will be important to all US owners down the line.

I bought my RS6 new in Feb and due to the problems I had with my new S4 they tossed in (at my request) the Audi Pure Protection plan for 6 years / 100K and the addtional turbo coverage, so I'm good for a few years. The plan is transferable for $50 and I have $50 dedctable but its waved at the loaction I bought the plan from.

The plan does not cover ware items.
    83 UrQ
    07 Q7 4.2
    03 RS6

Extended warranty question

Is there a time limit to buy and does it cost more the later into the warranty we do buy? Thanks
    Wang

Stepping Stones:
    '04 H1 HMCS
    '06 BMW E60 M5 Silverstone II
    ---------------------------------
    Long gone:
    '03 RS6 Mugello Blue
    '04 Audi A8L #9374 Atlas Gray
    '03 BMW M5 Carbon Black
    '00 BMW 528i Sport
    04 GT3 Speed Yellow
    '00 VW GTI VR6 Flash Red
    '00 VW Cabrio White
    '96 Chevy Camaro Z-28 Black Procharger
    '97 VW GTI VR6 Black
    '94 Chevy Camaro Z-28 Arctic White

Here we go again...

...with yet another example of poor communication.

I called the toll free number given in the link above. AOA said all dealers have the new extended service program now, so call the dealer. I did -- and the service writer had no clue; hadn't heard of it. So I called back AOA, and they suggested I ask for the dealer's finance department. When I called back the dealer to ask for the finance department, receptionist said they had none. She asked what I was calling about; I tried to explain. "You mean Audi Assured (the program that's been around for a while for used cars sold by the dealer)?" No, I said, this is new, and for owners of cars bought new -- to extend their coverage. She still had no clue, so I left a voice mail for my salesman.

If this was the first instance of clueless communication by Audi, I wouldn't bother writing about it. But as you can see from my link below, it's happened before. Although I thought for several weeks that parts availability was the issue, it turned out that poor communication was the reason my car sat on a hoist in a Florida dealership for a month:

http://www2.rs6.com/forum/showthread...ighlight=snafu

Later there were repeated dealer visits due to subpar performance. Problem was resolved only after repeated complaints by me re poor communication: Dealer tech finally had long phone conversation with an Audi engineer in Germany, after which the wiring harness was replaced -- and performance improved.

In any case I won't be able to answer questions about the new extended service contract until my dealer & AOA get their sh*t together on what's happening. Maybe your dealer would know more; please let me know if YOU find out anything!

So with your performance issues, did you have any check engine lights or any indication of something wrong or was the car just performing like a pig ?

Also I have PDFs of the Audi Pure Protection plan contract if anyone wans to review
    83 UrQ
    07 Q7 4.2
    03 RS6

I called AoA on it as well and was told it was (i believe) underwritten and insured by fidelity for AoA, And that most dealers had it. I have not asked my local dealer, but I will be stopping by to check on my car this morning at which point a will find out the details.

Cheers
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Ben,
    Diablo is aware of this program. I got it when I got my car.
    Jim

Originally posted by UrQ
    So with your performance issues, did you have any check engine lights or any indication of something wrong or was the car just performing like a pig ?
    CEL (check engine light) would come on about 20-30 miles into subpar performance. Later, when performance improved (on its own), the light would go out. Usually on for about 20-30 miles before it went off. This cycle repeated several times over a period of weeks or months before problem was resolved as described above.

There usually would be hesitation and surging -- not severe, as it was after I took on some bad fuel, but it was there. Car acted like it had about 300 hp rather than 450.

It's difficult to quantify any of this, so the "test" I use now is this:
    At 4000 rpm, if I floor it and the car takes off like a rocket, everything is fine. If it hesitates before taking off, something is wrong. I use 4000 rpm because below that level, it ALWAYS seems to hesitate before taking off -- even when supposedly healthy.

Diablo is aware of this program. I got it when I got my car.
    The manager who handles the extended contracts is on vacation untill thursday, so will have to wait until then.
    Bauer

01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Search for it its on the web...

with price schedule and all. The top plan for 7 years 100K miles with Turbo costs well over $3,000 if purchased while your car is still young. Cost goes up the later you buy into it. I'd do it if I were keeping the car...
    Wang

Stepping Stones:
    '04 H1 HMCS
    Long gone:
    '03 RS6 Mugello Blue
    '03 BMW M5 Carbon Black
    '00 BMW 528i Sport
    04 GT3 Speed Yellow
    '00 VW GTI VR6 Flash Red
    '00 VW Cabrio White
    '97 VW GTI VR6 Black

Re: Search for it its on the web...

Thanks, but what IS the web site with this info? Couldn 't find it at audiusa.com and audiworld.com has no cost info, plus a search for "Audipure Pure Protection Extended Service Contract" turned up nothing useful (at least on my Google-assisted AOL).

The top plan for 7 years 100K miles with Turbo costs well over $3,000 if purchased while your car is still young

My understanding of these plans are that the finance person has a cost of the plan and then whatever he can sell it for over is comission to him. Many people selling these types of warranties will try to jack up the price because of the type of car it is. I would not take the quote as true cost....atlease that is my experience. The same goes with the financing on cars.

Cheers,
    Bauer

01 S8

Yes very true, when I signed my papers, the bill was $2,200 for 6 years 100K (Gold Plan), this was dealers cost that A0A had to pay. So there is room to negotiate, just like in the price of the car.
    83 UrQ
    07 Q7 4.2
    03 RS6

Wang

Stepping Stones:
    '04 H1 HMCS
    Long gone:
    '03 RS6 Mugello Blue
    '03 BMW M5 Carbon Black
    '00 BMW 528i Sport
    04 GT3 Speed Yellow
    '00 VW GTI VR6 Flash Red
    '00 VW Cabrio White
    '97 VW GTI VR6 Black

Re: Here's the link I found

Thanks so much! After linking I called Larry & found out that even tho I'm outside Detroit, I can buy thru his suburban Chicago dealership using mail & credit card. Also have literature on the way from a Detroit area dealer who sells the Pure plan, so I'll be able to compare costs from at least two sources. Still haven't heard back from the dealer who sold me my RS6, so I presume they don't sell Pure. But apparently that doesn't matter because wherever I buy the plan, it's enforceable at any Audi dealership (according to Larry).

Thanks again!

PS -- Anyone else who's interested and approaching 1 year of ownership or 24K miles should take a look at the link NOW because costs go up after those threshholds (and others).

given a lot of thought about ext. warranty

and come to the conclusion that it is unequivocally necessary to obtain an extended warranty if one is to keep the RS6 long term. These cars are rare, and will be expensive and hard to maintain. So if you can afford it and plan to keep your car over 4 years, then get the extended warranty and include the turbo option, as well.

Question, can I buy this from Continental, being in CAlifornia????

Thanks,
    Wang

Stepping Stones:
    '04 H1 HMCS
    Long gone:
    '03 RS6 Mugello Blue
    '03 BMW M5 Carbon Black
    '00 BMW 528i Sport
    04 GT3 Speed Yellow
    '00 VW GTI VR6 Flash Red
    '00 VW Cabrio White
    '97 VW GTI VR6 Black

Whats nice is when/if you get tired of your RS6 and sell it youcan transfer the plan to new owner.
    83 UrQ
    07 Q7 4.2
    03 RS6

Wang, I think your conclusion re appropriateness of an extended servce contract is absolutely correct. As for Continental selling the plan to a California client -- why not? As Larry told me from the link you provided, all dealers are obligated to honor the plan, whether they sell it or not.

The devil can be in the details, tho, so be sure to read everything before you sign. Pain in the arse, I know, but what people tell you doesn't really matter anyway, or -- at best -- could become a point of contention if you ever end up in court over enforcement of the Pure plan. What matters is what it says in the document(s) you sign.

UrQ, you also make a good point; I'm sure that having an extended service contract, especially from the mfr, would be a big asset in selling a used RS6 to an individual. But I don't think it would count much in selling as a trade-in to an Audi dealer, since they will re-sell it with Audi Assured regardless of what you have. And if you trade it in to a non-Audi dealer, it probably won't count for much either, since title will have changed hands twice by the time they re-sell -- and the transfer is good only once.
    Last edited by JAXRS6; July 12th, 2004 at 15:56.