Thread: Going to be Gothenberg, what to do?

Going to Gothenburg, what to do?

Going to be in Gothenburg in about 2 weeks time for a business trip, any suggestions of must-see's or places to go?

It will be my first time to Sweden and I heard the best time to go is around these two months. If there is a lot to do I may take an extra few days to travel around the country. (Erik, which part are you in?)

Greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers.
    Last edited by krm; June 4th, 2004 at 21:12.

I'm in Stockholm and if you like there's an extra room for you - depending on when etc.

I'll get back to you about Gothenburg. Any special things you would like to see?
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Just received the business agenda for those few days, seems like my time there will be quite occupied with meetings, company dinners and so forth.

Any nightlife worth checking out in Gothenburg?

btw, how far is it from Gothenburg to Stockholm? I will be there from Monday to Thursday, but may consider staying a bit longer (maybe 2 days) in the country.

Originally posted by krm
    Just received the business agenda for those few days, seems like my time there will be quite occupied with meetings, company dinners and so forth.

Any nightlife worth checking out in Gothenburg?

btw, how far is it from Gothenburg to Stockholm? I will be there from Monday to Thursday, but may consider staying a bit longer (maybe 2 days) in the country.
    When are you going?
    I'm not an expert on the nightlife there, but I could certainly help with a few hints.
    Any place around "Avenyn" (the main street) would be fine. http://www.avenyn.se/ (no english?)

Gothenburg - Stockholm is about 450 km. Train or plane is the best.

Ivy Grill(vasaplatsen 2) is a god place to hang in the bar and start up, olso god food.
    Nightclub Lounge is nice on saturday.
    Wendsadys at Nivå are a farly god place.

Anyway Gothenburg sucks on week days. Not much peopel out.

Restaurant Vasastan is also pretty much ok.
    Gotenburg is known for the nightclub the garden(Trädgårn), it have seen better days. Its all about tast and what you like.
    "Learning by doing"

"It's racing, bullfighting and mountain climbing - the rest is just games"
    ..Hemingway..

Thanks for the information so far. I'll be in Gothenburg this month from the 21st till the 24th.

Confirmed to be in Stockholm from the 24th till the 26th, any RS6.com members care to meet for drinks and some car chat?

Maybee me and Erik can meet up.
    "Learning by doing"

..Hemingway..

You're both welcome for BBQ at my place on Saturday.
    I really hope the weather will improve!

Midsummer is always risky, but at least we can go inside if it starts to rain.

Originally posted by Erik
    You're both welcome for BBQ at my place on Saturday.
    I really hope the weather will improve!

Midsummer is always risky, but at least we can go inside if it starts to rain.
    Erik,

Sounds like a plan. I really don't know what to do while in Stockholm other than to walk around the city and to capture some scenery to share with friends/family back home (have never been there) - so thanks for your invitation. I shall keep in touch with you once I am in town.

/karman

Ops that weekend is midsummer,(forgot) think im gone on the contryside then.
    The sad side of coming to stockholm on midsummer weekend is that the city is completly emty of peopel, every singel person is out in skärgården or on the contryside. But hopefully we all have time to meet and take some pints togeter.
    "Learning by doing"

..Hemingway..

Hm.. Actually heading down to Gothenburg too, though not those dates... Probably some monday-tuesday in July...
    :snow:

Any updates?