Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Popstar with good taste!

Popstar with good taste!

Not only nick Mason of pink floyd, but also the leadsinger of jamiroquai has good taste when it comes to cars I heard he has some other exotics too!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1045big.jpg 
Views:	9698 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	347  

An article on the web about jay kay buying an RS4!!!

"Jay Kay buys 14th car
    December 13, 2000: POP star Jay Kay has splashed out on yet another high performance sports car bringing the total number of cars he owns up to a massive 14.
    Jay, lead singer of the multi-million selling band Jamiroquai, is now the proud owner of a £46,500 Audi RS4 Avant which its designers say is the most powerful high performance estate car on Britain's roads. "

He said: "What I love about the RS4 is that it encompasses everything I require in a vehicle, namely that it is devastatingly fast, supremely practical and feels absolutely sure-footed in all weather. I love it."

I'm not too sure, but doesn't he own a Diablo too? Maybe he's starting a family...
    :snow:

I've heard Jamiroquai was planing to join the 2002 Gumball Rally...
    ...but he never showed up...
    ...or was it Maximillion who only was talking? :eye:
    Anyway, I've also heard he got a nice stable.

Originally posted by krabu

...or was it Maximillion who only was talking? :eye:
    I think it was purely PR talk to attract more participation. I was at the Gumball New York sendoff, didn't even see any celebrities, only some unknown rich people (to me anyways) with money to burn. Recognized the two car convoy of playmates though!

If you were their I have a questions for you. Did you see the Jackass Team? Last year they said they would participate, and as a big fan I wonder if they really did?

Originally posted by Snow
    If you were their I have a questions for you. Did you see the Jackass Team? Last year they said they would participate, and as a big fan I wonder if they really did?
    Well, the Jackass serie is no longer active - I think they recorded the last episode in the begining of 2002 so it wount be any Jackass Gumball 2003 Special.
    But I think Johnny Knoxville participated since I know he's an old friend of Maximillion...

Yes, I know they aren't active anymore, but I put my last hopes that they indeed would release a special, and they said they were going to participate.. Well, thanks anyway!

Found this thread...

Both Nick Mason and Jay Kay are avid car enthusiasts. but the most impressive stable has to go to Nick Mason.

I recall A board member on the m5board.com called Adam, was given the chance to go for a ride in Nick Mason's Mclaren F1 GTR, reg, K40 ???...Now that is generous!! Top guy. He races a Ferrari 250 GTO in a classic series aswell! So, it shows that he is enthusiastic about driving the cars as much as he is into the cars themselves.

His stable comprises of many ex-rally cars, and some modern specialities, very nice! I think EVO magazine published an article on his car collection some years ago.

As for Jay Kay, what can I say?!? An absolute top guy when it comes to cars, even crashed a G55 into a river for fun.

He's had Diablos too, but at the set for one of his music videos someone wrote off his SE30 edition... Most recently Jay Kay has aquired an Enzo in green with matching interior ( ), along the many Mercedes Benz' AMGs and Ferraris including a F40.

Anybody know if anyone famous besides for my dad has a RS6
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

A surprising number of famous people have RS6s - of course in the US, you don't rate soccer players, skiers, Formula One drivers, or "Furrin'" Heads Of State - so they ain't so famous to you!
    You always see a few in Monaco.

R+C

Yep, Jay Kay also has the, according to him, only in the world, purple RS6 Avant

Ronaldo owns a RS6
    [IMG]http://www.oktaner.com/outros/assinatura_wrx_vti.gif[/IMG]

Alain Prost drives a RS6 sedan.

Cheers,
    Frederic

never heard of these names. Are they famous people in Europe
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

we're all famous

You never heard of the singers, the soccer player, or the F1 driver? All or just a couple of them you have not heard of?

Ronaldo is a Brazilian soccer player that plays for Real Madrid I believe.

Alain Prost is a retired F1 car driver. When I was a teenager in the 80's, my favorite driver was Nelson Piquet. Alain Prost was one of those drivers I did not like. But he was extremely good.

Well...the singers, they are famous here as well. But it all comes down to what you like right? If you don't follow F1, or soccer, or certain types of music, you won't know the top performers!

Originally posted by rdpg_Oktane
    Ronaldo owns a RS6
    Raul drives one too. Real Madrid is part sponsored by Audi, so I think they (well, at least the galacticos) were each allowed to choose from a range of Audis. Most chose the S4 apparently.

http://www.audi.com/com/en/experienc...eal_madrid.jsp

Originally posted by rdpg_Oktane
    Ronaldo owns a RS6
    As well as Schuey. Uses it as airport transportation
    Ben