Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New King on the Autobahn: E55 AMG and RS6 meets M5

Terrific story & thread!

So, Erik -- you got any job openings there? I'm very good at sitting in fast German cars....

Wow, great story/review Erik. Nice to hear the RS6 stands tall in tough competition.
    :snow:

Another part of the history:

We visited Auto Salon Singen

Check IT OUT!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Smoked a M5...

Originally posted by Erik
    We both smoked the M5!

We did several pulls RS6 against E55. There were 3 E55s with us, one with Carlsson 560 hp / 980 Nm.
    As usual there was some problem with the tuning so we drove side by side with the Carlsson E55 in the RS6. I think he spent 15.000 Euros on the tuning...
    The E55s were only clearly faster in speed around 240-250 km/h.
    I am still surprised the RS6 Avant could keep up, we expected to be left behind.

I don't know about breaking performance (I guess it's similar to the RS6) but the feeling in the E55 was very good. When I had an E270 rental I hated the brakes, totally opposite the E55 I must say. Very good for Autobahn useage.

Check out this movie http://www.kabel1.de/php-bin/scripts...rm,,NULL,,1,,1 Its looks like the RS6 getting smoked!

Re: Smoked a M5...

Originally posted by M femman
    Check out this movie http://www.kabel1.de/php-bin/scripts...rm,,NULL,,1,,1 Its looks like the RS6 getting smoked!
    Nice video, tho it took a couple of tries for me to get it to work. Seeing how great the RS6 looks with Recaros made me jealous of European owners!

The only time I saw the RS6 get "smoked" was in the drag race. That was a bit bothersome -- not because the E55 won, which is old news when comparing those two cars stock, but because the M5 beat the RS6 too. That's not consistent with what I've read elsewhere.

The RS6 won the emergency stop braking comparison, it seemed, but I don't speak German so I couldn't understand the commentary. I presume it explained which cars "won" in slalom, lap time, etc. Can anyone help us non-German-speaking folks with those results?

Just as important, who is the source of this video and test/comparison? I didn't see the first couple of seconds & there were no credits at the end. Without knowing that, its credibility remains unresolved.

RS6 was fastest in the slalom and the brake test, the E55 AMG was the fastest and M5 was the most fun too drive and second fastest after the E55. Here is a link with more info about the german test. http://www.kabel1.de/info/aa/autos_i...index.php?7553

Here is a cool movie. RS6 MTM vs M5 E39 vs M3 CSL on german Autobahn!
    http://www.free4games.de/bmwdrivers/w2.wmv

Here is a cool movie. RS6 MTM vs M5 E39 vs M3 CSL on german Autobahn!
    http://www.free4games.de/bmwdrivers/w2.wmv
    I saw this movie a while ago. I was impressed by the M5. Who would've thought an E39 M5 could keep up with a 500HP RS6?

Anyway, it's not like the RS6 got smoked or anything. Quite the opposite actually.

the E55 AMG was the fastest and ....
    Do you mean fastest lap time?

FYI I went to your link but it too is in German, and I have had poor experiences using free online translators from German to English. If someone out there has actually experienced a result of understandable English from a free service when translating from German, please pass on that source!

Originally posted by JAXRS6
    Do you mean fastest lap time?
    No, the Merc was fastest in a straight line. The RS6 was fastest in the slalom. M5, best of both worlds.