Thread: manuel rs6

manuel rs6

Have any rs6 owner in this site had triedmanuel transmission on an rs6? Anybody have an opinion?

There is no RS6 with manual shift-gear. Only the race cars have a 6-Speed manual

mjrr

Yes but manuel transmission can be applied to rs6.There would be a high performance difference btw manuel and tiptronik.

Guys
    For a street car, it will cost over USD 20,000 for a manual gearbox.

First you have to fit the RS4 6-speed to the RS6 block, and it does not match up, you have to have some parts made, do-oable, but now you have extra costs as well as a new transmission and prop shaft, and ....
    Secondly, you have to have a completely new Bosch Motronic ECU, and you have to commission somebody to do the work. This is not cheap, you know what you have to pay programmers. Then it all has to be checked out.
    So the bill is large. Those who can afford it might just as well buy something else, only the very eccentric will persue this path. Yes, it IS being done, but its EXPENSIVE>

R+C

manuel, srivatsa, john

Good job Nord putting this thing to rest. I totally agree with you that some of these mods that ppl are inquiring about are just outterly useless, but at least keeps the forum alive.

On a side note, I'm happy that the manual transmission box now has a name, and it's call 'Manuel'! I've heard of folks giving their own cars a name, but this is the first time I hear someone give a gearbox a name. This should be officially documented.

But now it begs the question if DJ was looking for a 'manual' transmission, or was DJ looking for a brand name transmission named 'manuel'? Just kidding of course. We all know what it meant!!!

Personally, I'd recommend taking the 20 Large that Nord mentioned, and putting it as a down payment on a Tuscan TVR S.
    In case you've not heard it, it might come over to our US side of the pond in Summer of 2005! I can't friggin' wait!

You mean "MANUEL TRANSMISSION" will be aveliable in 2005?

djinn, the RS6 is about to stop in production...
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

I wonder if it will be aveliable in the next generation rs6.

from parts bin

Audi would probably have to use the Manual Transmission used on Gallardo or Murcielago.

It would be great because performance would increase very much because of the manuel transmission.