Thread: Tires For RS6

Question Tires For RS6

Has anyone used a different size tire on their RS6 besides 255mm wide? If so...what size? Do you know what the ET is on the RS6 wheels? I'm looking for some alternatives for track use.

JP4

Hi!

Well at least i can help you with the ET of the different original rims for the RS6.

The 8,5x18 rim ET=30, the 9x19 rim ET=35 and there is also a special rim for the wintertires 7,5x18 ET=20.

/Joakim

Thanks Joakim...that's very helpful. I'm anxious to see if see if anyone else has any input on the tread width issue. Sounds like the ET on the 19" wheels is the same as on the 17" A6 4.2. That's leads me to believe that 265mm tires would fit on the RS6. I'm running 265/40/17 S03's on 17x8.5" wheels on my A6 4.2.

I think Audi_RS6 on this forum is thinking of using 275 mm 20"...
    I have to check with him again or Audi, what is possible.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

275x20.....whew! I would be really surprised if a 275 tire fits. The 265x17 on my 4.2 just barely cleared part of the suspension with the standard offset wheel.

Cool 20" is possible !

:roll:

Yes
    they will be available in April 2003 from Sportec Switzerland and looks really great. I only wait for the final ok from the dealer to order it with the ContiSportContact2, 275/30 ZR20XL.

See also the links below:

http://www.sportec.ch/en/home/frameset.html
    (Porsche 996)
    http://www.conti-online.com/generato...ntact2_de.html

CU
    Markus

PS. I count the numbers of weeks to get my own black power fighter. (17 weeks to wait)

Re: 20" is possible !

Originally posted by kusabusa
    :roll:
    PS. I count the numbers of weeks to get my own black power fighter. (17 weeks to wait)
    Welcome to the RS6 Community! Time flies so soon there will be loads of RS6 around. Many have delivery in feb-march.
    Surf around and you will discover a few pics of black RS6 and you'll also discover pics of the 20" Sportec rims.

Sportec: beware these are 'only' 255/30/20.
    http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....ght=sport+auto
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail