Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AMS: New S4 better than M3?

Talking AMS: New S4 better than M3?

I hear rumors that the new S4 beats the M3 and AMG C32 in the latest edition of german Auto, Motor und Sport.

Anyone who has AMS 1/2003?

Audi S4 quattro 523 pts
    MB C32 AMG 512 pts
    BMW M3 487 pts
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Nope, but now i certainly will buy it

woo, please someone scan the article for those of us in places deprived of such publications.

with heavier weight, only 1bhp advantage over M3 and no power advantage over C32, very very very bad weight distrubution, and a lazy heavy V8 that doesn't seems to like to rev high.

i really doubt if the new S4 will outperform M3 or C32 on any track besides rally course!

Yep, i got it, and indeed the S4 wins with 523 points . their conclusion says it all : "Ein prachtvoller V8-Motor und erstklassige fahreigenschaften setzen den MaStab in der Klasse der hochkarätigen Sportlimousinen. Mehr comfort wurde das Bild abrunden"

One half of me is totally happy, but the other half is quite sad:vsad2: :vsad: because the C32 beats the M3:error:

As a BMW-enthusiast I have to write something here As they say in the conclusion the BMW is the most sporty car, as usual. It also has the best acceleration, best brakes and the lowest fuel-consumption. Where it loses to the other cars seems to be practicality(not strange because it´s only a 2-door), high costs and, believe it or not in a test of sporty cars, "der schlechteren SCHADSTOFFEINSTUFUNG !! ". They are apparently different cars and which one you chooses depends on what you are looking for, as always.

From mbworld.org

[Accel. 0-200 KMH]

0-----------------80-----100-----120-----160------200-----KM/H
    Audi------------4,5----5,7-----8,2-----13,2-----21,0
    BMW----------3,5----4,8-----6,5-----10,9-----16,8
    Mercedes-----3,7----5,0-----6,7-----11,1-----16,9
    --------------------------------------
    Quarter mile (400meter):
    Audi: 14,0
    BMW: 13,0
    Mercedes: 13,2
    Max speed: all 250 km/h

[Brakes]

100 km/h cold m(m/s²):
    Audi: 35,7 (10,8)
    BMW: 35,7 (10,8)
    Mercedes: 37,8 (10,2)

80% V/max:
    Audi: 145,6(10,6)
    BMW:145,6(10,6)
    Mercedes: 142,5(10,4)

100 km/h warm m(m/s²):
    Audi: 37,1 (10,4)
    BMW: 35,7 (10,8)
    Mercedes: 37,5 (10,3)

[Slalom]

Slalom 18 m empty/loaded km/h:
    Audi: 65,5/64,2
    BMW: 66,8/65,3
    Mercedes: 63,2/62,9

ISO Wegtest:
    Audi: 129,4/126,9
    BMW: 135,2/134,2
    Mercedes: 129,8/127,3

[Price]
    (no options)
    Audi: 52420.- ¤
    BMW: 54000.- ¤
    Mercedes: 57130.- ¤

Result:
    1. Audi: Very good V8 engine and very good riding quality is making the norm in this class of topclass sport sedans. But more comfort would fit better here. The manual transmission
    is not as good as the BMW one.

2. Mercedes: With automatic transmission and comfortable chassis the C 32 is not representing the uncompromising sporty vehicle like the other competitors. The only deficit that makes it get the second place is the high consumption. For large distances the C 32 is the first choice!

3. BMW: A very good sport sedan - very fast, very loud, very hard (chassis). It needs less fuel than the other competitors but the high fixed costs foil this advantage. For long rides the BMW chassis is too hard and the endine is too loud above 5000 rpm. This car is more for the track - not for the streets.

I scanned everything.. should i post it?I posted it yet in an other forum its bad quality cause it`s little

Originally posted by itisme
    I scanned everything.. should i post it?I posted it yet in an other forum its bad quality cause it`s little
    Please post if you can.

That M3 was fast and the C32 was extremly fast, did they test the cars downhill?
    Last edited by johann; December 30th, 2002 at 14:31.

Yes i can ..

on we go:

1. page

2. page

3. page
    3. page

4. page

5. page
    5. page

i linked them cause it first worked fine but now not.. don`t know why ..
    Last edited by itisme; December 30th, 2002 at 22:10.

Originally posted by johann
    That M3 was fast and the C32 was extremly fast, did they test the cars downhill?
    I think it was that new 5-speed automatic gearbox reffered to in the test that made the M3 so quick

The C32 must have really good brakes because in the "Ansprechverhalten bremsen" it recieves 9 points out of 5. Impressive

"Ansprechverhalten Bremsen" Is not how good the brakes work its how the way you push the pedal and the work from now and the feeling while braking... difficult to explain.. like when you touch the brake-pedal(?) and it brakes in exact that way you want it.. so.. hope you understand what I mean?

the other think that say, that the brakes are good is the "Bremsweg" its the way the car passes while braking extremly hard.

if U meant it as i said, I´m sorry

"Ansprechverhalten Bremsen" Is not how good the brakes work its how the way you push the pedal and the work from now and the feeling while braking... difficult to explain.. like when you touch the brake-pedal(?) and it brakes in exact that way you want it.. so.. hope you understand what I mean?

the other think that say, that the brakes are good is the "Bremsweg" its the way the car passes while braking extremly hard.

if U meant it as i said, I´m sorry
    Thanks for the explanation but my point was the it recieved 9 points out of 5 possible. So the feeling of the pedal must be really really good then

Happy new year

Originally posted by Mr Janne

Thanks for the explanation but my point was the it recieved 9 points out of 5 possible. So the feeling of the pedal must be really really good then

Happy new year

*lol* uuuuupppss .. didn`t see .. yes really impressive .. perhaps you must only think and then it brakes immediately ..

so happy new year, too... may all your wishes come true

Yes i can ..
    i linked them cause it first worked fine but now not.. don`t know why ..
    Thank you very much!

Best Wishes and have a Happy New Year!

S4 won in the "Auto Zeitung", too.. they tested only the M3 contra Audi S4.. just if anybody cares :.

S4 won in the "Auto Zeitung", too.. they tested only the M3 contra Audi S4.. just if anybody cares :.
    Of course we care, just as long as the S4 wins

BR /Nicke
    [url=http://www.zon.se/bil/tester/auditt/bilder/25.jpg]Audi TT Roadster[/url] Thanks to: [url=http://www.movit-scandinavia.com][color=red]MOVIT the brakes-Scandinavia[/color][/url] [url=http://www.ace-competition.com][color=blue]ACE Competition[/color][/url]