Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring NE Meet!!!

Spring NE Meet!!!

The nice weather is fast approaching and it's time to start planning a Spring meet in the Northeast!!! I'm thinking of meeting somewhere around New Paltz or Kingston, NY just off the Thruway, I-87 a little over an hour North of NYC. Speedracer is familar with and had some ideas on great rides in that area.

We had a great time at the first meet last fall. Do a search on NE Meet or go to articles to see pictures read about our first NE meet. We had a small but very enthusiatic turnout. Since many more people now have their Beasts and everyone's really sick of winter by now, I'm hoping for a really strong turnout.

I'm thinking of meeting mid to late April or early May, probably on a Sunday. Let's choose a date.

Everyone is welcome! Whether you're an RS6, VAG or any performance car owner or simply an enthusiast. I'd love to have a Gallardo, Murcielago (I know of one owner I can invite), Enzo, M3s & M5s, perhaps M-B McLaren, S55 and E55 AMGs, Porsches, Viper, Corvette or any perofrmance car show up. I also think it would be great to have some S4s and the DSG TT!

Could someone volunteer to take responsibility for posting this thread and any subsequent follow-up on the Audiworld, M5, RS246 and any other board they know of?

Karman, could you post one of the group shots on this thread of the Fall meet?

Post dates that work best for you. We'll pick a date and a rain date based on feedback. The weekends of April 3 & 24 are not he best for me ...

Finnus
    :s4addict: :MTM: \Bob F\Bob
    Last edited by Finnus; March 5th, 2004 at 13:49.
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

Sounds like fun

I think it sounds like it would be a blast depending upon turnout. I'm an RS6 owner in Manhattan who'd be interested in showing up. When you narrow down some potential dates in April, let me know.

Pictures from the Northeast Fall meet back in October '03. It was fun!

Read more about the meet here.

I would love to join the great bunch of NE RS6 owners on a run once again but I am now back home in Hong Kong for good. If you guys ever visit this beautiful city, I would love to be your tour guide. :asian:

Cheers,
    Karman

must pick date first

You know you can count me in.

Just pick a date, and I can post it on Audiword/BostonAudi/Audizine/VWVortex and others...

I have two local BMW friends (one with an M Roadster, one with an M3) that have been itching for a drive. Depending on the date, it could be a nice trip from Doylestown PA.
    Jim from PA

2003 RS6 - Black
    K40 Radar/Laser (In Dash LED)
    XM Radio
    APR Tuned
    HRE C22 Wheels 19X8.5
    Pirelli PZero Rosso Tires

SUNDAY APRIL 18th (rain date 4-25)

I've just been informed that April 11th is Easter Sunday, obviously not a good choice. So to avoid low turnout or really pissing off spouses, significant others and families, lets plan on April 18th with (4-25 rain date) as the rain date.

Finnus

2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

Originally posted by Finnus
    SUNDAY APRIL 18th (rain date 4-25)

I've just been informed that April 11th is Easter Sunday, obviously not a good choice. So to avoid low turnout or really pissing off spouses, significant others and families, lets plan on April 18th, with April 25th as the rain date.

Finnus
    april 18th im there couldnt be a better date for me its perfect. as long as its not more than 2 hours away from rockland than its ok.

looking foward to the meet.

nyrs6

Target Area

Preliminary plan is to meet in Kingston, NY (Exit 19) on NYS Thruway. From there we have access to Woodstock NY, the Catskill Mountains, the Ashokan Reservoir area, Mohonk Mountain, etc. Ah! It's beginning to come together in my head.
    Will bring the 911 out of the mothballs, and for those of you who met Cooper (LUV2XLR) on the first Northeast Run, he'll now be driving his own car, an immaculate 2002 WRX with coilover suspension and Wilwood brakes that I bought yesterday.

Speedracer

might need directions

April 18th is definitely better for me as well.
    I'll need some sort of directions, or close to it from Eastern MA...
    I'll be there.

Nelson,

I can give you directions - it's easy.

Speed,

There's a really interesting drive up to Hunter Mountain. It winds up (or down) through this incredible ravine. I'll have to check the map.

Finnus

2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

Sounds great. I will do my best to make it. Should know later in the month if that weekend's going to be free.

April 18th is the second Sunday of School vacation week.

Many of those who have RS6's also have rug rats and will be coming back from vacation on that day!

I am going to Atlantis for the week LOL....

I would have loved to come, but sorry..

Have a great time.

Mike

I also cannot make it. The Boston chapter of the BMWCCA has their first autocross event on the 18th, and I plan on participating. Hopefully our MINI Cooper will be delivered and broken in by then. Otherwise, I'll be piloting the Beast!

Have fun at the Meet-up!
    '01.5 Stg3 S4 (Dahlback Racing software)
    '01 X5 3.0
    '04 Mini Cooper

'03 RS 6 (Avus/Silver/NAV/Rear Side Airbags) --gone but not forgotten

There's a really interesting drive up to Hunter Mountain. It winds up (or down) through this incredible ravine. I'll have to check the map.
    Bob-
    I thought about that road but it will take us in a different direction. How many miles do you think this should be in total?
    Speed

87 north of Albany is great! Was there this weekend, but toooo many state troopers LOL had to stick to 10 over...but nice view, great road surface.

I hope to make it

Link to Audiworld drive
    Just another drive that some of you might be interested in
    Robert
    06 Magnum SRT8 : Trinity
    06 Sequoia AKA: The School bus

Re: I hope to make it

Originally posted by RobertV
    Just another drive ...
    That one starts about 2 miles from my house. How can I resist?

How can I resist?
    Resistance is futile.

Speed,
    he'll now be driving his own car, an immaculate 2002 WRX with coilover suspension and Wilwood brakes that I bought yesterday
    Who's car is it? LOL

How many miles do you think this should be in total?
    If we meet around 10 AM, hang out for a while & take pics, then drive somewhere we can have lunch. I think keeping the drive to 50 miles would feel about right. What do others think? I'll try to sdcope out some areas in the next couple of weeks.

Finnus
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue