Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hennessey - 600HP RS6

Hennessey - 600HP RS6

Hennessey's 600HP RS6 on here!

It will only set you back about $30K (USA).

I would most def want to ride it before getting this system unleashed on my beast.
    We should contact them, and do a field trip. Imagine 10 RS6s showing up at Hennessey's place, with appointment of course, to really see if the system is worth it. I think they'd be impressed.
    Last edited by nene; February 25th, 2004 at 14:30.

Ya Baby.....

To Texas we go....

Mike

Power Output:
    600 bhp @ 6,000 rpm
    550 lb-ft @ 4,500 rpm

Estimated Performance (testing soon):
    0 - 60 mph: 3.8 sec.
    1/4 mile: 12.1 sec. @ 117 mph

Package Includes:
    # Air Induction Upgrade
    # Stainless Steel Exhaust Upgrade
    # Re-programmed Computer
    # Upgraded Turbos
    # Stainless Steel Turbo Down Pipes
    # Upgraded Intercoolers
    # Upgraded Fuel Pump
    # Air/Fuel Calibration
    # Professional Installation
    # Road Testing (Up to 100 miles)
    # Limited 2-Year Warranty
    # Allow 4 - 6 weeks for installation with prior appointment.

This is a totally stealth package. Your friend with the Ferrari, Porsche, AMG or Viper won't know what hit them.

So the company that became famous with their Viper conversions now tackles our Beasts! Very interesting. Looks promising but with $30K i believe you could get a similar set up by MTM (a company with years of experience with Audis).

Ben

I haven't heard many possitive things about this company...Unless, I'm mistaken.

One involved a customer handing over their Viper for modification...months went past (4-6months) and the car wasn't completed. The owner then went to investigate and found that the company had sold the parts off the car AND hadn't completed any modification work on the car.

I am quite happy with 450 ponies, and a full warrantee.

Mike

^are you sure you are talking about hennessey? ive heard nothing but good things from them. I, too, would be a tad hesitant especially since they have no experience in audis. They have done numerous porshes and other gernman cars (i think), but id stick to a tried-and-true audi company.

re: Hennessey - 600HP RS6

all

Klint is absolutely correct. Be very careful if you decide to work with this company and it's owner. I have personal knowledge of a corvette owner who is in a lawsuit for more than 100K with this company. I also know people who have done work with him who were satisfied. Forewarned is forearmed!

FEVR

I've never done business with Hennessey so have no first hand experience. However, in my M5 days when I was regularly surfing that board, Hennessey had promised some M5 mods that were not delivered. I never really followed up since I wasn't involved and don't know if any M5 owners got burned. Maybe Gustav can shed some light for us.

I also seem to remember an article in one of the car magazines regarding Hennessey and some difficulties his company had at that time.

If I were to mod - and I'm not - I'd stick with one of the more well known Audi tuners. There are enough to choose from, they have a proven track record and have members on this board with first hand experience and references.

Bob

Note the "Limited Warranty"
    Furthermore, according to ZF the RS6 gearbox can only take a maximum of 700 Nm of torque (516 lb-ft), so with 746 Nm of torque (550 lb-ft) it is bound to brake one day or another, even if they cut the torque substancially when changing gear.
    [img]http://www.audioimports.com/slogos3c.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://www.audioimports.com/cars/Audi.htm]Andre's Audi Pages[/url]
    [url=http://www.audiclubsa.org.za]Audi Club of South Africa[/url]

Tons of bad info about Hennessey out on the internet.
    Autoweek did a damaging article too.

One thread worth visiting:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=234868

I have also heard that he has not been the best business person to deal with...I have however heard that he has cleaned his act up somewhat but with a past like that I would not let him touch my car. I don't get it...it is soooo much easier to do the right job and get a good name then to screw people and have to deal with that reputation for the rest of your life. To me your word is all you really got when it comes right down to it.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Keep in mind what types of car's Hennessey made his reputation on.

He started with very large displacement low tech engines and pulled more power per liter out of them.

Car's like BMW's and Audis already have much higher specific output (hp per liter) than Viper or Corvette engines. So when you tune a Viper engine or Corvette engine you are not really over stressing the engine block.

When you try to tune an M5 (400 hp/ 5 liters = 80 hp/liter) or RS6 (450 hp from 4.2 liters = 107 hp/liter) you don't really have that much room to improve without really stressing the engine.

The Viper 500 hp from 8.3 liters = 60 hp per liter.

The Corvettte 350 hp from 5.7 liters = 61 hp per liter.

Thus Hennessey has some room to improve these cars substantially.

Ferrari makes cars with normal aspiration that product 100 hp per liter and the torque to match.

Honda's S2000 has 100 hp per liter, but torque does not match, very low, since the hp lives at 8000 rpm.

Mike

bad H, bad H!

Glad I posted something. Now we all know about the Hennessey bad reputation, so other RS6 owners that would be inquiring about this will know in advance to stay the hell away!!!

Thanks nene!

It's interesting to see an american tuner come out with something. Not sure what that something is though.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

More Hennessey Stories

i dont think they are experienced with audis there are plenty others that have similar perfromance packages. for example oct has a package good for 530HP and runs the same numbers look at fast ones numbers 12.4@112 thats very similar numbers and they are coming out withe down pipes and upgrade chip i believes soon and it will be close to 600HP and should have very similar numbers and a lot cheaper $$. i think hennesy is 9500 US $ to 30000 USD $ startmoshphere has a packege for the 530 HP for 5000 US dollars and i think the downpipes cost 3000 more so i think there are plenty of other tuner compines for less and are more experienced with Audis

But u never know