Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First drive: LeMans quattro

First drive: LeMans quattro

Here are pictures from the first ride in the LeMans quattro.

They mention this specification:

4.2 liter V8-Motor FSI
    380 hp / 410 Nm
    Ceramic Brakes
    6 speed e-gear or manual
    DSG / Magnetic Ride Control
    235/35 ZR 19 front, 295/30 ZR 19 rear
    1450 kg
    Price: from 80.000 Euro.

There would also be a V10 version with 610 hp and 750 Nm from 105.000 Euro.
    They expect to sell 10.000 LeMans quattro per year when production starts in 2006. I think they mean to say that the V10 would be released 3 years later. :eye:

For more information: http://www.rs6.com/articles/017.html

This looks just like my Pioneer DVD Navi

You guessed it! Magnetic-Ride Control.

Pics from Autobild.de

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Very nice, but a 2 seater is no good to me, so I've got until November 2006 to be able to afford one of these and an A8!

My German is non-existant, but wasn't there also mention of a 500bhp version of the V10 engine and something about 2008 seeing a change to the Gallardo - do you think the 500bhp V10 will go into Le Mans and the 610bhp version into Gallardo? I don't see how else Audi can not tread all over Lamos toes with this - the Gallardo interior looks very Audi anyway, so the incremental value of a Gallardo is eroded unless they keep the power higher isn't it?
    +=====================================+
    ChrisB aka TheBrit, as named by Clout & SantorinSteve over on AW.

Now
    +-------
    Daytona Grey C6 RS 6 Avant
    Meteor Grey S5 Tip

History
    +-------
    Lava Grey C6 allroad 3.0 TDI
    Daytona Grey D3 S8 (twice)
    Ebony Black D3 W12 SWB
    Ebony Black C5 allroad 2.5 TDI Tip Limited Edition
    Silver A2 1.6 FSI SE
    Silver C5 A6 Avant 2.7T Sport
    Volcano Black B5 A4 2.8 qm Sport

Hi,

610hp and 105.000 Euro,never.

That´s to cheap for such a car like this,think about the RS6 it costs nearly 100.000 Euro.

Jm2c
    Fab5

Does audi official given de "green-light" for the Le Mans?
    www.audiforum.nl
    www.audiforum.be

Very, very nice. I don't know for sure how Audi will solve the HP vs the Lambo HP debate but to give this car less HP than the RS 6 would be missing the opportunity. As for the 10,000 per year, that would also be a shame as this would make it more common than the RS 6, again a shame.

Ben

Me likey......but if they water it down too much it would be ashame.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Looks tasty! However, with sales projected to be 10k per year, I guess they are just resorting to Lamborghini to produce more special and less mainstream cars. Let's just hope the actual product will look and feel as special as the concept.

OMG, look at the interior.
    All i can say is it's awesome

How 'bout they call this the new RS6, wouldn't that be cool.
    Just like the Avantissimo turned into the new A8. Just a thought, no hard facts. One should dream big!

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Great pics!

Everything I've read (Autoweek & Car 1st drives) indicates the LMQ will go into production. The initial release will be with the 420 hp NA V8. Keep in mind that the LMQ is 7-800 lbs lighter than the Beast. In 2007 the V10 will be released with 500 hp. By that time, Gallardo should have upped the ante to 550 or 600 hp.

As Eric and Nordschliefe have said all along, Audi is not going to compete with Lamborghini. I think they're right and unfortunately the 600 hp LMQ is going to remain a concept.

Finnus
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

4.2 liter V8-Motor FSI 380 hp / 410 Nm
    Erik,

Perhaps they'll put the new 4.2L V-8 400+ hp mentioned in the RS4 thread into the LMQ ...

The article in Car says the N/A 500 hp V-10 won't be available until THREE YEARS after the V-8. UGH!!

Finnus
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=01547022

Production Audi Le Mans quattro would likely come with V8 power

By AUTOWEEK

The Audi Le Mans quattro (Cover Story, Feb. 16) is still officially a concept, but if it is made, the production version should have V8 power instead of the concept’s 610-hp 5.0-liter V10. The 4.2-liter V8 would also get a version of Audi’s direct injection, which the company calls Fuel Stratified Injection. While the Le Mans quattro shares many components with the V10-powered Lamborghini Gallardo, it would not share the Gallardo’s price; word is the Audi would be positioned somewhere well below the Gallardo.

The first FSI Audi engine to arrive on our shores will be the 3.2-liter V6 in the next A6 (AW, Feb. 23) in November and in the 2.4-liter A4 due here in the first quarter of 2005. All U.S. Audis will have FSI engines within five years. The target is a 15 percent improvement in fuel efficiency and performance.

Other technology coming to America will include the configurable dash readout from the Le Mans quattro, which will debut in the next A6, as well as headlights that aim into corners on the A6 and A3. And finally, look for full LED headlights on Audis by 2007. The five-door A3 is scheduled to arrive here in spring of 2005, by the way.

Any more questions?
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

great thread, thanks for that erik.

I just got an e-mail from a contact at AoA and here is the info I got.

Car will be a 06 model for release in 06 they are looking at a 600hp engine, no specs on type of engine with a price 120k plus depending on exchange rates. Was also told that this is the info they have now but things do change all the time so who knows?
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Anyone have pics or new news on what the final product will look like

I definately want the V10 version when it comes out.PLZPLZPLZ
    Audi do not make the production car much different from the concept.
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

Originally posted by Finnus
    Great pics!

As Eric and Nordschliefe have said all along, Audi is not going to compete with Lamborghini. I think they're right and unfortunately the 600 hp LMQ is going to remain a concept.

Finnus
    I am sure that if it will be the case, it will be not 4 too long as all tuners will prepare their kits and if V10 will be biturbo , ALILUYA
    (sry 4 spelling
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

Increadibly cool car but why does it have only 380 hp and an enermous 1450 kg weight???